How to sell pups

ryanbph

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Anyone have any tips on how to move some puppies. I have had a fair amount of contact with potential buyers, but they usually say they were looking to buy one in the spring. I currently have 2 shiba inu pups. They have to go, as 4 dogs and a 16 month old daughter is too much for us to handle right now.

Currently I have relied on referrals from the breeder that sold me my 2 dogs, and some fliers at local vets. Any other idea's on ways to move them would be welcomed.

[quote name='pacifickarma']My wife is dying to own a Shiba Inu. How much to ship to CA?[/quote]

You'll probably save a few pennys shipping via model rocket.

[quote name='pacifickarma']My wife is dying to own a Shiba Inu. How much to ship to CA?[/quote]

I have no idea, but I will look into it.

[quote name='JMEPO']You'll probably save a few pennys shipping via model rocket.[/quote]

If you don't want to help thats fine, but don't be a douche about it. Why even bother posting. The first one I can in some weird twisted way understand as part of posting on message boards, but you have done it twice now.

[quote name='ryanbph']I have no idea, but I will look into it.

If you don't want to help thats fine, but don't be a douche about it. Why even bother posting. The first one I can in some weird twisted way understand as part of posting on message boards, but you have done it twice now.[/quote]

Dont be so sensitive.

Normally I am not

but the pups start crying, that wakes my 16 month old daughter up, then my wife starts crying and then yelling at me. This has been going on for weeks. The pups are 12 wks old and they have to be moved. My usually easy going temperament is gone and I am just looking for some tips/help in ways to help place the pups into good homes. The way I am currently going about it isn't working.

Animals can be shipped cross-country? I assume a special service would be used, as otherwise, it sounds a little lethal. :whistle2:k

originally it was to sell...but they need to be moved....the parents cost me $1200 and $1500...the first pup they had I sold no problem for $1200...the original asking price of these pups were $1200, and that has dropped to $1k. I just don't have the time to spend with these pups as I did the first liter due to having a daughter and I am going into the busy season at work.

[quote name='chasemurata']Animals can be shipped cross-country? I assume a special service would be used, as otherwise, it sounds a little lethal. :whistle2:k[/quote]

I have no idea. I know my mothers dog was shipped to her from MI to MA.

My parents had a dog purchased from Overseas... so yeah I am sure it could be done.

You need to call FedEx or UPS and ask them about it.

[quote name='chasemurata']Animals can be shipped cross-country? I assume a special service would be used, as otherwise, it sounds a little lethal. :whistle2:k[/quote]

I've had animals shipped to me before (though, in the form of reptiles). You would probably have to overnight it/them which would be expensive as well.

Why didn't you get your dogs fixed in the first place so this didn't happen?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']
Why didn't you get your dogs fixed in the first place so this didn't happen?[/quote]

From the sounds of one of his previous posts, he was selling these puppies. I assume he's breeding his dogs.

I have intentions of breeding the dogs, that is why I didn't want them fixed. This past liter was not wanted, due to the fact that my daughter was really starting to move all around the house and that 4 + dogs and a baby girl is to much at this current time.

I kept the dogs seperated for 5 wks when I noticed the female was in heat. The issue is, my female dog has a seperated cycle. It is something I had never heard of and wasn't prepared for. It means the dog goes into heat for roughly 2 wks and then stops their cycle. A month or so later the dog will resume her cycle and that is when she can get pregnant. I didn't notice her being back in heat before my male did. I wasn't looking for it.

Go to a PetSmart parking lot and make a couple of kids happy with a free puppy. They will be out of your life by tonight most likely.

Hey Ryanbph,

Sorry I've moved out of the area and don't know anyone who is looking..Its a shame if only we only live in an apartment and not financially ready for another dog, as we would love to have another Shiba.

good luck!

Thanks for shipping the pup out to CA, Ryan! She is adorable, full of personality, and seems to love our dog! Hopefully, someone will adopt her sister!

americain airlines. I got the most direct route as possible with 1 stop that had about 1 1/2 hour stop in Dallas. You would call the cargo services of the airlines to ship dogs/cats.

[quote name='ryanbph']americain airlines. I got the most direct route as possible with 1 stop that had about 1 1/2 hour stop in Dallas. You would call the cargo services of the airlines to ship dogs/cats.[/quote]
Ah. I figured it'd be an airline - I know we (UPS) won't ship animals, but I wasn't sure if the other major carriers did. Very cool.

bread's done
Back