how to sell/unload my collection?

angrynoisefly

CAGiversary!
looking for advice on how to go about selling my video game stuff.... i'm kind of sick of it all

i have

ps4 (white) + 3 games and 2 controllers

xbox one (white) + 1 game and 2 controllers

wii u + a couple wiimotes, and a decent lot of games

xbox 360 (gow edition) and a bunch of games for it + 3 controllers

ps3 + 2 controllers and a lot of games

gamecube and a lot of games/controllers

n64 2 controllers 4 games for it

snes + games

i just find myself having a bunch of games not really the time or interest in any of it anymore

i'm not really sure how to go about selling it all?

maybe i keep one of the current gen systems and just focus on that for now?

but i feel like i'm better off without any of it

should i do the craigslist thing?

ebay/amazon seems like a lot of work and confusing and the fees are annoying

should i just bring it all to gamestop or best buy?

seriously what should i do?

You seem to know all the ways to go about selling things, it's just a matter of how much effort you want to put into it. The easiest is trade it in to a brick and mortar store. If you are near a GameStop that takes retro systems for trade in that would help you get rid of everything at once. A locally owned store may give you more in trade. If you want to make the most money, sell on eBay but be ready to ship and deal with buyers that may try to rip you off by saying what you sold them doesn't work. eBay also gives you a larger population that will see your stuff.
Craigslist works too but you may need to be patient and careful. I always meet in a public place. You could also give some things away to friends, family, or a helpful member of the cag community. Internet forums are also a good place to find buyers
If you have the space at your house, store it in a dry place and maybe you will be interested in it later. If you are totally done with video games sell everything. If there are something's you still play or have nostalgia for, keep those. Just my 2 cents

yeh i'm having trouble deciding really. mostly i think i am experiencing buyer's remorse and it's so bad i can barely bring myself to enjoy anything. i guess i have nostalgia for a few titles but because they all span over the course of different systems it's difficult figuring out which ones to let go of and which to keep. 

360 and ps3 seem like the easiest to let go of atm maybe but idk bleh why did i ever buy all this :/

am thinking i may keep the current gen stuff for now and just try to unload the previous gen stuff real quick maybe

if i bring my ps3, xbox 360 and wii collection to either gamestop or best buy in exchange for store credit, which place am i better off finding the best deal at? i know best buy sometimes does bonus trade in promotions? or at least they used to. 

I've been trying to sell my GoW edition X360 with a bunch of games and 2 controllers on craigslist and have been looking at the websites for store credit and no store is offering nearly enough. Gamestop probably has the best which is $100 but that's when you put it towards a new Xbone or PS4 so still useless. If you find anything please let me know!

Some of those Gamecube games might fetch quite a bit at GS. Selling them piece by piece will take a while but will net you more money which you know. I would trade your 360 and PS3 towards a PS4 at GS then return the PS4 and take the store credit. I might be willing to buy your X1 and PS4. The rest of it I would trade between Best Buy, Walmart and Gamestop to get maximum value out of it. Honestly trading them here is another option.

I've been trying to sell my GoW edition X360 with a bunch of games and 2 controllers on craigslist and have been looking at the websites for store credit and no store is offering nearly enough. Gamestop probably has the best which is $100 but that's when you put it towards a new Xbone or PS4 so still useless. If you find anything please let me know!
how does this work exactly? i don't wanna be stuck w 2 ps4's

From what I can tell, you just go in and tell them that you want to trade in your X360 console for a PS4/Xbone and they just give you $100 towards it, which means that you'd still have to pay over $300 for the console. But it may be a little easier to unload a brand new PS4/Xbone for around $300 than it is a used X360 even with a bunch of games :/

seems like a lot of hassle i don't know maybe i'll just hold onto this collection for now i should have done the trade in thing when i had the chance i guess :/

bread's done
Back