How to ship heavy games? (GTA IV & BioShock 2 Special Editions)

mikefavata

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Ok, so i'd like to sell GTA IV & BioShock 2 SE's on eBay.

There's no way i'd ship these media mail because I know they'll be inspected.

Any ideas for cheaper shipping options? Parcel? Use UPS?

Probally going to split up the BioShock 2 SE and sell the pieces individually.

I'm used to shipping First Class/Media or Priority Flat rate, neither option really helps for these.

You can use parcel post + the shipping calculator. The way that usually works is that buyers closer to you generally get the best deal on shipping, whereas people--in say, California--may not want to buy from you because of the extra cost. For heavy stuff it's better to sell to a smaller market than get fucked on shipping in my opinion.

Priority Mail flate rate box medium sized box is ok for the GTA one. You can get the longer box and the lockbox and everything should fit in there nicely. Wrap some bubble wrap around it and pack either side and top and bottom with newspaper and you should be good to go.

As for the Bioshock 2 Special Edition, I would say to break up that set and sell the parts individually, unless you know there's a market for the entire package in one shot. Then what you could do is break down a medium/large sized box completely till it's flat, wrap bubble wrap around the SE, then form a box out of pieces of that bigger box around the bubble wrap. Tape the ever loving crap out of that sucker and then decide on which postal rate you wanna try to ship it out under.

That's about the only way to ship the Bioshock 2 SE, since the box is just a tad too big to fit into the larger sized flat rate one.

bread's done
Back