How to turn off Xbox LIVE account Auto Renewal

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!
How to turn off Xbox LIVE account Auto Renewal

Each year that your Xbox LIVE membership needs to be renewed and you have a credit card on file with us, we automatically renew the account. We’ve heard from some members that, for a variety of reasons, they’d like the option to turn this off. I am going to show you how to do this in a few easy steps.

• Sign in to Xbox.com and go to the My Account section.
  • Click the Membership level link on the left.
  • You’ll see a page that has your Membership level, and the end date. Under that, you’ll see your “Automatic Renewal” status.
  • If it reads ON (like the screenshot above) You can click the ON link and you’ll be brought to next page that will let you switch it on or off. (screenshot)
  • Make your selection, then click next.
  • You’ll be returned to your Membership level page, where you can confirm your selection (screenshot)

This is actually very handy info. After the $1 trial of gold, mine auto-renewed but I had already bought a 12 month card (was waiting to activate it). I spent about 15 minutes on the phone with microsoft to disable auto-renewal. This was like 3 days ago. oh well.

Figure I would point this out:

NOTICE: If you extend your membership by redeeming a prepaid code prior to the expiration of your current subscription, auto-renewal of your subscription will be reactivated.

[quote name='life.exe']Figure I would point this out:

NOTICE: If you extend your membership by redeeming a prepaid code prior to the expiration of your current subscription, auto-renewal of your subscription will be reactivated.[/QUOTE]

Then I would just turn it off again.

This has to be extremely new. I did the 1 month $1 dollar thing and this was nowhere to be found. I wasn't charged a renewal fee because I called to cancel the membership about three days after I ordered it, but this would've been much easier. At least now I know it's there for future reference.

bread's done
Back