How was your Black Friday?

Hybrid5006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
228 (100%)
Hey guys and gals,

This Black Friday, I went all out and spent hundreds of dollars on merchandise that had ridiculous price cuts.

I think this year, Amazon has really outdone themselves, offering amazing deals on Black Friday and before it. It was really easy to buy everything I wanted. I basically filled my cart up with everything that I wanted before it went on sale during the day on Thursday. I then went to sleep normally. 10 minutes before 3 pm Pacific, my alarm rang and I hopped on and counted down the minutes with the CAG Live show. At exactly 3 o'clock, all of the prices in my cart dropped, as expected, and I pushed the buy button and finished the transaction.

So... I was wondering how other CAG's spent their Black Fridays'. (most of my shopping was done online, since I had work that day and by the time I got to the stores, everything was gone :lol:)

I'm lucky enough to live in a small town with a Wal Mart, no lines but all the deals. Got there at 3:00AM and I was one of probably 20 people in the entire store, once it hit around 4:30 it got pretty crowded, but nothing like a city does (IE: No dead employs)

All my game deals came from price matches from Circuit City and Target, which ended up being VERY helpful.

Bioshock for PS3: $19.99
Bioshock for 360: $19.99
Dead Space: $30

I think next year will be mostly online. Amazon really did go above and beyond their mark, making perhaps the first true online black friday worth checking out. Hats off to Amazon.

Made off with everything I wanted from Amazon (l4d, dead space, fallout 3 for 360 and re4 for wii). Wandered over to Best Buy later in the day to get cloverfield and indiana jones for 17 each on blu ray. Today, I picked up 5 used psp games and 1 ps2 game off of gamestop for 67 bucks. Made out pretty well.

[quote name='Remeard']I'm lucky enough to live in a small town with a Wal Mart, no lines but all the deals. Got there at 3:00AM and I was one of probably 20 people in the entire store, once it hit around 4:30 it got pretty crowded, but nothing like a city does (IE: No dead employs)

All my game deals came from price matches from Circuit City and Target, which ended up being VERY helpful.

Bioshock for PS3: $19.99
Bioshock for 360: $19.99
Dead Space: $30

I think next year will be mostly online. Amazon really did go above and beyond their mark, making perhaps the first true online black friday worth checking out. Hats off to Amazon.[/quote]

How did you get Bioshock for PS3 for $20? Was it in an ad?

I'm pretty happy if you count friday and saturday. Got Left 4 dead PC for $20 at amazon, Gears 2 and Resistance 2 new at target for $30 each, and Crysis collector's edition new at gamestop for $20. Only thing I missed that I wanted was R6 vegas 2 for $10 at gamecrazy.

[quote name='PJV9126']How did you get Bioshock for PS3 for $20? Was it in an ad?[/quote]

Well, I went to a store to price match the 360 version. The guy said that they only had it for the PS3, I told him I would but I need to do the price match in the ad. He looked at the Circuit City ad, said "I don't see why not" and got approval from one of the higher ups.

$60 game for $20 win? I think so.

I also found that the best deals I picked up were online on amazon, B&M stores didnt have much to offer this year, did pick up a few used games during the B2G1 and some smaller electronics, but the bulk of purchases were online. Instead of camping out in the frigid cold, staying up in the comfort of my own home.

Bunch of stuff from Amazon early Fri AM (KungFuPanda, Spiderman 2, Simpsons S10, Lego Batman), some stuff from Toys R Us (Catapults and Crossbows main set and tower add-on, even with shipping it was a good price, though I could never get the Paypal code to work.)
Bunch more stuff the day before and after from Deep Discount.
B&M: Kmart for a basketball goal and a game for my boy, then Walmart for some more toys for him.
Didn't get any of the deals that would cause people to kill each other, but did get some deals that were worth it. We also didn't go out till about 9 AM, getting to Kmart at just before 10--and it was pretty much dead.

Awesome only because of Amazon, if it wasn't for them I would have said it was the worst Black Friday ever. I didn't get 1 thing from a regular store.

I stayed in until later on Black Friday, then went out and picked up one of those 'Flare' phones that BB had for $9, along with two bagfuls of penny guides.:lol:

Otherwise, I stayed in and ordered the Sex & The City movie for my gf and tried to order Venture Bros. Seasons 1+2, which was already on backorder, both of them from CC's site on Thanksgiving Day.

Other than that, I had no desire to go out and squander money and fight the stupid crowds. :roll:

bread's done
Back