How were Christmas returns for CAG'ers?

DesertEagleXIX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Yesterday at Robinson's May (completely ungame related) I tried to return a suit for my girlfriend's mom; She just needed a smaller size. Got the identical one and the cashier wanted to charge an additional $25 dollars. I kept asking her,
" I have to pay $25 if I have my recieipt and want to exchange for the proper size?".

She tried to do the simple transaction three times, each time getting a different amount. Four employees came over, and started talking about Christmas.

It was then I lost it. Fianlly, someone figured out how to do a exchange, 25 minutes later. To cap off things, I had to 'shop' with my girlfriend and her sister for an additional hour!

Now today, I try to exchange a game with receipt at FYE. The manager tells me they are not doing returns or exchanges unless the product is defective. She then askes if it's defective.

I point to the factory seal still on it, and tell her, "I don't know". Then she goes into a tirade; complaining about her commute, how she needs to keep her job, etc. What a crazy bitch.

I hope veryone else had an easier time than me.

I had a very easy time returning 3 DVD's to Best Buy, clothes to Gap, and some shoes to MJM, all without reciepts and no hassle at all. Lines were not long at all either so overall I had great experiences.

Fortunately I have no christmas gifts to return.
The only thing I got was a shirt from my now ex-girlfriend. She opened her gifts...I opened mine...and then she broke up with me.
At least the shirt is nice. I will try not to get any of her blood on it.

I returned a mp3 player to Best Buy without a receipt. I had no problems at all. The line was really short too. It only took like 5 minutes for me to return it.

Returned 2 PS2 games at Best Buy with no receipt(it was a gift mailed to me that I know was bought from BB) and had no problem exchanging them.

I have about 5 games that I want to return, I got them by mail from a relative and I have most of them and/dont like the others, they paid cash and didnt keep the receipt or gift receipt I was told they bought them at CC. Some of the games had CC stickers on them, I went to return them expecting to get store credit and I was denied....Do you guys think I could take this to BB (or if you have better suggestions) without stickers ofcourse, and get store credit?

To answer the CC question; I would personally stick with Circuit City, and call corporate, and an local District Managers until they bend.

If it has a Circuit City sticker and you're not abusing the policy (returning many games) then they should return it. Too many stores are all to happy to take your money and not offer any customer service without (and sometimes with) a receipt. C'mon it's after Christmas; where's the love?

[quote name='catacasa']Fortunately I have no christmas gifts to return.
The only thing I got was a shirt from my now ex-girlfriend. She opened her gifts...I opened mine...and then she broke up with me.
At least the shirt is nice. I will try not to get any of her blood on it.[/quote]

What did you get for her?

[quote name='"catacasa"']Fortunately I have no christmas gifts to return.
At least the shirt is nice. I will try not to get any of her blood on it.[/quote]

That is pretty harsh. I am sorry that she pulled that at Christmas. Hopefully you find someone better for you in the new year.

I received a couple games that I don't want. Seems like Best Buy is the easiest to do a return. I have one GH game and another that isn't, do you think they'll only give me $15 store credit for the GH game because of their 2 for $30 sales? If they do that I'll probably just exchange it for another GH.

I went to Best Buy to return The Terminal for Napoleon Dynamite. They were sold out of ND and there was a line of about 20 people in the returns so I decided to keep Terminal.

Auctually not a bad movie...

I hate when clerks [or managers!] complain about their jobs [to customers]. If it's so bad you're bitching to me, well, *quit*. Otherwise, I don't want to hear it.
[There's a difference between them saying stuff like 'Wow, it's busy today!' to you and saying stuff like the OP talked about.]
Anyway, I had a return that could have been bad, but turned out ok [so far].
I got my boy a little wooden trainset, but then we already had a train set. So I took the trainset back, and bought the car/roadway set. After putting it together, we realized it wasn't of very good design and wouldn't stay together, so we boxed it up and took it back. I made sure to grab the receipt from the Pile of Christmas Receipts on my desk. Anyway, after waiting in line about 5 minutes, got to the clerk, where she scanned it a couple of times, and said It's not on this receipt. I was like Huh? then looked at the receipt closer. Turns out I brought the *first* receipt, for the railway. I was like, Oh, crap, you're right. But I paid for the car set with a check, and she scanned my check and found the purchase and gave me cash back. So that was nice.
Other than that, have to go to Kohls and exchange two pair of pants for the size larger. I don't know, they keep making pants smaller and smaller.

[quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='catacasa']Fortunately I have no christmas gifts to return.

What did you get for her?[/quote]

I got her a nice TV, six or seven DVDs, a couple books she had wanted and some other miscellaneous things.

I had to return some clothes from Old Navy....too big, got some different shirts. I had no receipt so I got the sale prices for the clothes.

My fiance returned a Cuisinart Food Processor too Best Buy....no problems, she had he receipt, got cash back.

[quote name='rallen']Yesterday at Robinson's May (completely ungame related) I tried to return a suit for my girlfriend's mom; She just needed a smaller size. Got the identical one and the cashier wanted to charge an additional $25 dollars. I kept asking her,
" I have to pay $25 if I have my recieipt and want to exchange for the proper size?".

She tried to do the simple transaction three times, each time getting a different amount. Four employees came over, and started talking about Christmas.

It was then I lost it. Fianlly, someone figured out how to do a exchange, 25 minutes later. To cap off things, I had to 'shop' with my girlfriend and her sister for an additional hour!

Now today, I try to exchange a game with receipt at FYE. The manager tells me they are not doing returns or exchanges unless the product is defective. She then askes if it's defective.

I point to the factory seal still on it, and tell her, "I don't know". Then she goes into a tirade; complaining about her commute, how she needs to keep her job, etc. What a crazy bitch.

I hope veryone else had an easier time than me.[/quote]

The "what a crazy bitch" comment gave me a little chuckle. Heh.

Um, as for my returns...smooth sailing. All I had to take back was some colonge that I already had a ton of. My cousin returned KOTOR to Best Buy, and the clerk was like, "There's no pink stinker on this." (Meaning that they hadn't put one on the product when we entered the door; they do this so you don't just grab and item off of the shelf, say you got it as a gift and had no receipt.) Anyway, she went over and said something with a co-worker and came back and it worked out fine. He got $20-something credit.

Tryed to return a shirt and an electrix razor to Wal Mart. They gave me cash for the shirt but couldn't take the razor because of some 90 day bullshit, so now i'm stuck with a $30 item i'll never use.

bread's done
Back