How would a 6 foot snake get in my house and upstairs?

GameDude

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
We live in an old house. My parents own it, but let my two elderly aunts live upstairs for free. Anyway, I was playing Mechassault like at midnight, and my mom comes in and was like "there is a snake upstairs; go kill it."

So, I'm thinking this one ladies, about 80, are thinking they see a snake but it was just something else and I continue to play Mechassault.

My mum calls 911 and the fire department shows up. They call someother dude and he gets the snake. This snake ended up being over 6 feet long! I guess it was living upstairs.

I don't know how the snake would get upstairs, but I'd sure as hell be OUTSIDE and probably not go back upstairs for quite some time.
StealthySeal says it right on.

The only thing I hate worse than snakes are spiders and chickens.

Chickens are some of the most vicious animals in existence.

When all my cousins and I would go to our grandpa's house out in the country when we were little, we'd like to go play in the second story of the horse stables.

The stables were fenced off and had a big area for the horses to roam and graze. Well, my grandpa also kept chickens and roosters in there, too.

When we'd jump the fence, those rabid Birds of Prey would immediately start attacking us, pecking and scratching at our legs. We'd have to haul ass to the stables, jump up on the stable fence before the chickens and horses got to us. Oh yeah, the horses were also mental. They would try to kill us every chance they got.

Even to this day, I can't be close to a chicken without it being caged. Just the thought of one of those filthy little buggers roaming free near me freaks me out.

If i see the littlest spider in my room, i sleep in the living for 2 days lol. The other day i got in my car and there was a big nasty spider on the back of the passenger seat and i freaked out driving down the freeway, he was just chillin there with his ass in the air, all of a sudden i feel something on my arm. Litttle bastard shot a web to my arm and he started to rush toward me, i scream like a little girl and swat at him and he falls and smashes against the center console. i jump out of the car and tear off my over shirt and freak out. I took a papertowel and disposed of him on the side of the road. This was by far the scariest moment of my life.

Well, then again, they're probably slightly pissed at your and your family EATING THEIR OWN!
[assuming you eat chicken.]
I've never really been around chickens.

[quote name='dtcarson']Well, then again, they're probably slightly pissed at your and your family EATING THEIR OWN!
[assuming you eat chicken.]
I've never really been around chickens.[/quote]

Well, my grandparents never ate the chickens, they pretty much just used them for their eggs.

But hell yeah, I eat chicken. Every damn chance I get. Those little fuckers messed with me growing up, now I eat hotwings every chance I get to exact revenge on their young. Chickens will learn not to mess with me.

I own a few snakes, and let me tell you that they can squeeze their way through the smallest holes and climb nearly smooth vertical walls. You must live someplace warm though to get that big of a snake running wild.

I fucking hate snakes. I will admit it it, I run like a little girl everytime I see a snake. If I could do away with one thing, it would be snakes.

[quote name='vrs1650']I shaq-fuing hate snakes. I will admit it it, I run like a little girl everytime I see a snake. If I could do away with one thing, it would be snakes.[/quote]

And mosquitoes.

Man I hate snakes, about 6 months ago I walked into my kitchen to go outside through the garage to help my wife bring in the groceries and low and behold a 3 foot snake in the center of my kitchen floor just hanging out on the tile. I about crap myself and then ran through the garage as fast as I could. For the next 5 minutes I stared at the snake as he sat there, Man I have never felt so helpless in my life. I did not want to smash it with a shovel, because I would have broken the tile and I sure did not want to just piss it off. After about 10 minutes it started moving and worked its way into the under carrige of my refrigerator. That was when I called animal control after about 30 minutes (on a Sunday) they showed up and the guy got the snake in about 5 minutes.

I have since purchased one of those snake picker upper things off ebay and hope I never have to use it.

*Edit* I guess I should admit this also: I have considered paying for lawn service since i have seen so many snakes in my yard (I have a few acres of woods behind my house) and when I do cut the grass, I am constantly looking for snakes all around me, I must look like a fool.

[quote name='Othergods']Man I hate snakes, about 6 months ago I walked into my kitchen to go outside through the garage to help my wife bring in the groceries and low and behold a 3 foot snake in the center of my kitchen floor just hanging out on the tile. I about crap myself and then ran through the garage as fast as I could. For the next 5 minutes I stared at the snake as he sat there, Man I have never felt so helpless in my life. I did not want to smash it with a shovel, because I would have broken the tile and I sure did not want to just piss it off. After about 10 minutes it started moving and worked its way into the under carrige of my refrigerator. That was when I called animal control after about 30 minutes (on a Sunday) they showed up and the guy got the snake in about 5 minutes.

I have since purchased one of those snake picker upper things off ebay and hope I never have to use it.[/quote]

Hahaha, dude you could have thrown a blanket on it and just threw it outside. I bet it was a rat/corn snake or some kind of similar snake. Now if that thing was venomous, I'd have never came back to my house again.

Snakes are cool. My older brother was highly skilled at catching snakes and lizards so there were always some around the house from my earliest memories. Thus I don't have much fear of reptiles. So long as it's a non-venemous species it's harmless. In fact, it was probably earning its keep by keeping the rodent population under control.

damn that is some scary shit. and i think regular garter snakes are bad enough. i remmeber when i was young i hear snakes going up toliets in tx or something and i was afraid of using the toliet for some time.. -.- but shit i wouldnt be able to sleep normally for weeks if that happen to me

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='Othergods']Man I hate snakes, about 6 months ago I walked into my kitchen to go outside through the garage to help my wife bring in the groceries and low and behold a 3 foot snake in the center of my kitchen floor just hanging out on the tile. I about crap myself and then ran through the garage as fast as I could. For the next 5 minutes I stared at the snake as he sat there, Man I have never felt so helpless in my life. I did not want to smash it with a shovel, because I would have broken the tile and I sure did not want to just piss it off. After about 10 minutes it started moving and worked its way into the under carrige of my refrigerator. That was when I called animal control after about 30 minutes (on a Sunday) they showed up and the guy got the snake in about 5 minutes.

I have since purchased one of those snake picker upper things off ebay and hope I never have to use it.[/quote]

Hahaha, dude you could have thrown a blanket on it and just threw it outside. I bet it was a rat/corn snake or some kind of similar snake. Now if that thing was venomous, I'd have never came back to my house again.[/quote]

Damn, why didn't I think of that!!! I guess that is what happens when you have the Fear of God in you, your brain kinda shuts down. Yeah it was just a black snake, the guy let it go in the woods behind my house.

crayfish.jpg

Has anyone ever been crawdead fishing before? They are the same thing as crayfish and I think some people call them crawdads, but where I grew up, they were crawdeads.

They look like small lobsters but live in freshwater creeks or where ever there is standing water.

What we did was get some fishing string, tie a hook on and put a piece of bacon down it's water-filled hole. After a few seconds, you'd feel a pull on the line and you'd pull the crawdead out of its hole.

Those were some fun ass times, but you'd have to be careful not to let them get their pinchers on you. They hurt like hell.

Wild. When I was growing up, my neighbors had snakes, spiders and chickens, too ;) I have a healthy respect for them, but they don't really bother me.

[quote name='epobirs']Snakes are cool. My older brother was highly skilled at catching snakes and lizards so there were always some around the house from my earliest memories. Thus I don't have much fear of reptiles. So long as it's a non-venemous species it's harmless. In fact, it was probably earning its keep by keeping the rodent population under control.[/quote]

Heh. I remember when I used to catch house lizards with my bare hands back in Vietnam... This was when I was about 4, back in Vietnam... I'd put them in a bucket or something and play with them a bit after that (but man those things were fast) and then let them go.

I'm more scared of spiders than I am of snakes, truthfully.

One time, I picked up a friend and we were going to a party. He brought his pet snake with him. On the way home, he passed out in my car and the snake got loose in my toyota corrolla. I got my friend home but I didnt find the snake until 3 days later.

[quote name='Xevious']One time, I picked up a friend and we were going to a party. He brought his pet snake with him. On the way home, he passed out in my car and the snake got loose in my toyota corrolla. I got my friend home but I didnt find the snake until 3 days later.[/quote]

It didn't happen to be this snake, did it?

carsnake3_small.jpg

[quote name='GameDude']We live in an old house. My parents own it, but let my two elderly aunts live upstairs for free. Anyway, I was playing Mechassault like at midnight, and my mom comes in and was like "there is a snake upstairs; go kill it."

So, I'm thinking this one ladies, about 80, are thinking they see a snake but it was just something else and I continue to play Mechassault.

My mum calls 911 and the fire department shows up. They call someother dude and he gets the snake. This snake ended up being over 6 feet long! I guess it was living upstairs.[/quote]

Hope you don't have any missing pets. If you do, then you can take a wild guess as to where they went.
btw...you couldn't pause your game and at least take a look?? Granted now that you know the snake was 6 feet you wouldn't have been able to do anything but I mean come on, you will be old one day too.

[quote name='GameDude']We live in an old house. My parents own it, but let my two elderly aunts live upstairs for free. Anyway, I was playing Mechassault like at midnight, and my mom comes in and was like "there is a snake upstairs; go kill it."

My mum calls 911 and the fire department shows up. They call someother dude and he gets the snake. This snake ended up being over 6 feet long! I guess it was living upstairs.[/quote]

MOVE OUT QUICK that 6 foot snakes mom is gonna be pissed when she comes home and sees little sneaky snake gone.

I now remember there was a lizard in the house a couple weeks ago. What we call a bluebelly, about four inches long. Having a nice like sunbath on a window sill. No telling how long he'd been living in the house. I picked him up and let crawl around my arms and shoulders a while, then put him outside near a hedge where he'd quickly find cover. A few minutes of nature fun and nobody got excited, although one of my neices was disappointed I didn't keep him.

I don't have any pets, and the snake was just a "normal" black snake, I think. It supposedly wasn't harmless, but these elderly ladies get scared really easily, and I thought they were just seeing things. They're good people, but the one was so afraid someone was going to get her in our yard that she made my dad cover a window that gave light to the stairs...and we live in a pretty safe place.

We live across from the Cincinnati Nature Center, so I'm guessing that's where it came from.

[quote name='GameDude']It supposedly wasn't harmless, but these elderly ladies get scared really easily.[/quote]

I think I know what you meant to say, but that's a contradicting statement if I've ever heard one.

[quote name='"dtcarson"']I don't know how the snake would get upstairs, but I'd sure as hell be OUTSIDE and probably not go back upstairs for quite some time.
StealthySeal says it right on.[/quote]

I agree. It would probably take awhile for the nightmares to stop and to get over the fear of finding another.

Growing up in an old house out on a farm, I'd see a snake in the house about once a year. The biggest was a four-foot black snake. Once, I walked into my bedroom and saw a juvenile copperhead crawling on my aquarium. He had to go (I don't mind nonvenomous snakes, but he was venomous). Each of the past two summers, I've found a ringneck snake in our kitchen. They're tiny and harmless, so I carried them outside.

Juvenile copperhead (much bigger than the one I saw):
copperhead2.jpg

Ringneck snake:
Z-9.jpg

Note: these are just pictures I found googling; I didn't take them

Alot of people in my family keep snakes as pets. If my old grandmother or aunt saw a snake in her house upstairs she would immediately call in me and my sister to go catch it. (Being that they were old and too slow to catch it themselves, not because they were afraid). Killing is reserved for the more venomous types of snakes.

My husband's plumbing company once saw a large burmese python crawl out of a customer's toilet. Snakes crawling through plumbing is just one way they can get into a house.

bread's done
Back