how would you handle this request?

thetruelokre

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
My wife works for a daycare that's closing. She's been there long enough for the boss to know that I am a huge game nerd. They are closing at the end of the month and have a frackton of 16 bit and 8 bit games.

I have been asked to help price it all since I know games.

They have something on the order of 10 nes consoles, 3 or 4 genesis consoles, 1 sega cd, 1 master system, a few n64 units, and 3 ps1s. They have no clue as to what works or not. They also have ungodly numbers of genesis games since the kids would play genesis more than anything...

where would i begin? The wife already told him I would probably make an offer on some items personally (the sega cd has my eye since it's never been hooked up at the daycare) but there is so much that's been used and abused in a daycare setting I wouldn't know where to start really. Craigslist? eBay? cag bst forums?

Any input would be helpful. This is akin to hearing "hey you're a car guy, i have this used car lot i got from inheritance, how much should i ask for the cars?"

First of all, I would go test everything (or as much of it as possible) to see what works and what doesn't. Do the systems have all the connection cables? Do the games have cases or instructions? Then I would go check eBay and CL for pricing.

I'd pick out all the ones I want to buy and offer maybe half the worth for them (assuming it's stuff that's under $50). I'd list the rest at a slight discount, since the place is closing soon. Things over $20~$30 I'd probably list on ebay, and things worth next to nothing can be bundled together. The ones not worth selling on ebay due to fees could probably be listed on CL or on forums such as this. You could even do a lowball sale lol.

sounds like a solid plan, thanks yall. There are bits and pieces i was going to make a pretty lowball offer for myself. I guess what i'm struggling with is the idea that they have big 50 gallon bins full of power bricks, controllers and video cables that i know people would buy...i may wind up consigning for him through eBay for a lot of this stuff

Just put is all i the trunk of your car and say thugs from the wrong side of town broke in and stole all of it.

LOL OP you'd actually trust a Sega CD that was used for years in a daycare??? No doubt that thing is D-E-A-D.

They need your help pricing it? Me personally, I'd cherry pick anything worthwhile for peanuts (if that) and tell them what everything else is worth. I'm sure though most of it is just trashed/junk, considering it's been used in a daycare center(s) for 10-20 years...

[quote name='karkyco']lol op you'd actually trust a sega cd that was used for years in a daycare??? No doubt that thing is d-e-a-d[/quote]

[quote name='thetruelokre'](the sega cd has my eye since it's never been hooked up at the daycare) "[/quote]

:roll:

bread's done
Back