How's Bestbuy.com?

NightNinja7

CAGiversary!
Just wondering how the service/speed bestbuy.com rates? I'm looking towards buying No More Heroes.

I honestly don't expect too great of a service, but the merchandise shipped isn't damaged right?
Oh, and is there any coupons atm?

I've had bestbuy.com ship me GBA games in a bubble mailer so the game is all smushed by the time it gets to me. :bomb:

But since NMH is a Wii game (right?) it will be in a plastic case and should get to you with no damage.

Not sure on coupons but their service is pretty good, shipping and tax really does kill the transaction, so I recommend Amazon for their exclusion of both for basically all online shopping, but if there is a gift card involved or particular promotion -- Best Buy isn't the worst place to order online at, you'll get your item about when they estimate, and shipping doesn't take forever from my experience.

They have bad inventory control, and oversell items all the time. I have also had GBA games shipped in Bubble Mailers. Once I ordered 6 or so games a few years ago from a clearance they had online and they shipped all the games tightly packed in a box with no bubble wrap, air pockets etc. The GBA games were crushed then as well.

I also don't like shipping of $2.49 per game. It used to be $1.99, but if they had the same clearance now and I ordered 6 games, shipping would be almost $16 with tax!

I ordered both Bioshock and Orange Box from them when they had their recent sales on them, and I was actually pleasantly surprised by the experience. Both games arrived in great shape.

One thing I like is that when you do the Free Shipping option, it actually gets there with some degree of speed. I've ordered from Amazon and gotten their free shipping and didn't get my stuff until two or more weeks later. I got Orange Box with free shipping. I ordered it on a Thursday night, and it got there (I believe) Tuesday. Which isn't too shabby.

I was very displeased with the service I have received from them. I ordered one game and it took almost 3 weeks to get to me and then my very next order of an Xbox 360 game, they sent me a Mary J. Blige CD. When I emailed customer service, I got a response telling me to call, everytime I called I was put on hold for so long I didn't have time to wait (I had work). It took almost 2 weeks of calling to finally get in touch with a service rep. in a decent amount of time so that I could get my game and take this cd in to the store.

The shipping was timely and the order processed smoothly, but I wasn't happy with the packaging. I ended up doing an in-store exchange to get my game in better condition. Everyone should use the amazon.com corrugated sheet + shrinkfilm method... that protects the items very well.

I've purchased various gaming items from BestBuy.com and either have them shipped or chose the in store pickup option and I have never had a problem with anything.

Hmm, although the opinion is mixed, I do have a $50 gift card, and I'm not really close to any Bestbuy in relative walking distance (>_> I think the freeway will kill me). I notice that a lot of the games involved the GBA, but hopefully a plastic hard case might work :/
ATM I think its free shipping, so hopefully there's no major problems. Thanks for the replies.

Wow... just my luck -_-

Its friggin back ordered. Sigh I might as well cancel and buy the game whenever I'm headed towards another BB... what do you guys think? Wait for it from online or just step into a brick and mortar store?

bread's done
Back