How's GRAW2?

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
They took down the demo off the PS Store. Got a few questions that should be easy to those still playing it from time-to-time.

800px-GRAW2_X360_El_Paso_Medic_Tankcover14_full.jpg

1. Is there a mandatory harddrive install (how large)?
2. How active is the online community (tough to find full games)?
3. Does it use Matchmaking or a Server List (or both)?
4. Are there any game-breaking exploits that's rampant online?
5. Is in-game XMB supported?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, Shrapnel just buy Socom:Confrontation. GRAW2 is a poor clone of it. The best competitive multiplayer I have ever played, and Ive tried them all. Seriously

Smiggity is heavily biased. Socom is still pretty broken even though it has come a long way. How is graw2 a clone of a game that came out after it? I dont know the answers to your questions because i played it on the 360.

@smiggity
I'm pretty interested in the GRAW2 campaign, love me some set-pieces. I don't know how much I'll enjoy the online since it's more sim than arcade on what I'm used to and GRAW2 has online cooperative which is a fine balance for that murky factor (if I enjoy GRAW2 competitive maybe I'll try SOCOM:C).

@Malik112099
I gotcha', I checked the stats page of this title in CAG's database and 85.4% own this on X360 while 6.4% got the PS3 version.

What did the X360 version use; Matchmaking or Server Lists (or both)?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Shrapnellistic']@smiggity
I'm pretty interested in the GRAW2 campaign, love me some set-pieces. I don't know how much I'll enjoy the online since it's more sim than arcade on what I'm used to and GRAW2 has online cooperative which is a fine balance for that murky factor (if I enjoy GRAW2 competitive maybe I'll try SOCOM:C).

@Malik112099
I gotcha', I checked the stats page of this title in CAG's database and 85.4% own this on X360 while 6.4% got the PS3 version.

What did the X360 version use; Matchmaking or Server Lists (or both)?[/QUOTE]

Xbox 360 games dont use server lists except for a rare few with dedicated servers. The vast majority of online games on Xbox Live are hosted by someone's xbox who is playing in the game.

socom was out long before ghost recon anything.
if youre interested in online multiplayer listen to smiggity.
i agree, nothing beats socom for that, and calling it broken is just false.

As far as a campaign, graw and graw 2 ( not much difference) are solid, very enjoyable games IMO.
I have both for 360 though so I cannot answer your questions.

GRAW2 is still my favorite PS3 game. I don't play online so I can't help with 2, 3 or 4. But I don't recall having to install the game. But it's been nearly 2 years, so I'm not sure. And I think there is in game XMB. Do some games not do it? But if you want a solid campaign, I don't think GRAW2 can be beat.

[quote name='Malik112099']Smiggity is heavily biased. Socom is still pretty broken even though it has come a long way. How is graw2 a clone of a game that came out after it? I dont know the answers to your questions because i played it on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Really you need to get some facts before you post. Especially when it comes to Socom. You played the game for a couple weeks AT LAUNCH dude. Socom is not broken in the least bit and is finally about to get the clan ladders/tournaments and DLC.

And again GRAW did not come before Socom, you were off base there.

Ive played the campaign of GRAW2 on 360. Its mediocre but has coop.
As far as finding an online game on PS3, I highly doubt it.

[quote name='smiggity']Really you need to get some facts before you post. Especially when it comes to Socom. You played the game for a couple weeks AT LAUNCH dude. Socom is not broken in the least bit and is finally about to get the clan ladders/tournaments and DLC.

And again GRAW did not come before Socom, you were off base there.

Ive played the campaign of GRAW2 on 360. Its mediocre but has coop.
As far as finding an online game on PS3, I highly doubt it.[/QUOTE]

GRAW 2 release date: March 6, 2007

Socom: Confrontation release date: October 14, 2008

What were you saying? I'll wait and see what Zipper puts out for Socom this gen instead.

It's ok man. No biggie. Dont get so butt hurt all the time about Socom. Socom has come a long way from launch (as I stated earlier) but it is still not up to par with what it should have been. It is online only and is only just now about to get clan ladders and tournaments? That should have been day 1 stuff. The game is fun, VERY fun when everything else about it isnt pissing you off.

GRAW is a rip off of Socom, not just confrontation. Thats what I was saying. Confrontation will never be what it "should have been" no matter what happens. Truth is we got stuck with a garbage developer and this is what we got. 8 months later and things in the manual and on the box are still not in the game. And it is still better than every other online shooter out right now, which speaks to the lack of quality realism based competitive online shooters.

I just get pissed off b/c this could be the best Socom ever made but instead its gonna take 1 year after release to get there. Its sad how incomoetent /6 is

Zipper arent doing a Socom. They are throwing their reputation away on the garbage that is MAG.

[quote name='Malik112099']GRAW 2 release date: March 6, 2007

Socom: Confrontation release date: October 14, 2008

What were you saying? I'll wait and see what Zipper puts out for Socom this gen instead.

It's ok man. No biggie. Dont get so butt hurt all the time about Socom. Socom has come a long way from launch (as I stated earlier) but it is still not up to par with what it should have been. It is online only and is only just now about to get clan ladders and tournaments? That should have been day 1 stuff. The game is fun, VERY fun when everything else about it isnt pissing you off.[/QUOTE]

If I see one more dip shit use the phrase "butt hurt" Im going to slam my face against a wall!

[quote name='DAWG26']If I see one more dip shit use the phrase "butt hurt" Im going to slam my face against a wall![/QUOTE]
Chill out... Don't get all butt hurt about it...
1219645933097dw3.gif

But I'm almost certain all PS3 games "support" in-game XMB since it's a feature of the firmware.

[quote name='smiggity']GRAW is a rip off of Socom, not just confrontation. Thats what I was saying. Confrontation will never be what it "should have been" no matter what happens. Truth is we got stuck with a garbage developer and this is what we got. 8 months later and things in the manual and on the box are still not in the game. And it is still better than every other online shooter out right now, which speaks to the lack of quality realism based competitive online shooters.

I just get pissed off b/c this could be the best Socom ever made but instead its gonna take 1 year after release to get there. Its sad how incomoetent /6 is

Zipper arent doing a Socom. They are throwing their reputation away on the garbage that is MAG.[/QUOTE]

I used to feel the same way as you, but i changed my opinion once I saw the live gamplay footage at e3. This game is looking really solid. I'm thinking it will be better than confrontation, although if if Zipper ever returns to the SOCOM franchise I'm sure it will be better than MAG.

[quote name='mguiddy']Chill out... Don't get all butt hurt about it...
1219645933097dw3.gif

But I'm almost certain all PS3 games "support" in-game XMB since it's a feature of the firmware.[/QUOTE]

Zing!

[quote name='smiggity']GRAW is a rip off of Socom, not just confrontation. Thats what I was saying. Confrontation will never be what it "should have been" no matter what happens. Truth is we got stuck with a garbage developer and this is what we got. 8 months later and things in the manual and on the box are still not in the game. And it is still better than every other online shooter out right now, which speaks to the lack of quality realism based competitive online shooters.

Zipper arent doing a Socom. They are throwing their reputation away on the garbage that is MAG.[/QUOTE]

So we are in agreement then. Socom: Confrontation is broken. I'll hold out for MAG.

Malik doesnt actually play the game but he makes stuff up, or uses other peoples opinions and claims them as his own

Have fun with MAG guys :)

[quote name='smiggity']Malik doesnt actually play the game but he makes stuff up, or uses other peoples opinions and claims them as his own
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='smiggity']Confrontation will never be what it "should have been" no matter what happens. Truth is we got stuck with a garbage developer and this is what we got. 8 months later and things in the manual and on the box are still not in the game.

I just get pissed off b/c this could be the best Socom ever made but instead its gonna take 1 year after release to get there. Its sad how incomoetent /6 is[/QUOTE]

You were saying?

because things that are listed in the manual or on the box are not in the game, it doesnt mean the game itself is broken. launch was horrible. but launch was last year.

also, its silly to list the release dates for GRAW 2 and socom confrontation to prove some point that socom is a graw clone. graw 2 is a follow up to graw which is a follow up to gr 2 which is a follow up to gr.

i havent been to a cag socom night in a long time but im fairly certain ive never seen you at one. theres no need to dump on a game of which you have very little experience.

on topic. graw 2 is cheap, pick it up from gamestop. if you dont like it take it back.

[quote name='smiggity']Malik doesnt actually play the game but he makes stuff up, or uses other peoples opinions and claims them as his own

Have fun with MAG guys :)[/QUOTE]

I plan on it xD, Hey I say dont knock it untill you try it. Both Graw, Socom, and soon to be Mag may be tatical gameplay shooters but they all offer a diffrent experience, yes Confrontation is a great game but even you have to admit its not for evreybody.

bread's done
Back