How's this 360 DVD remote?

Splurge and get the Harmony 360 remote.

I never, ever, ever, ever thought I'd say a remote was worth $100 ($70 after rebate.) but this thing is f'in incredible.

If you have a ton of components around your 360, DVD player, TV, reciver, PS2, Xbox, stereo, cable box/satellite box. It can controll absolutely everything under the sun in an unbelieveably simple fashion.

I don't think I've been as impressed with a handheld device since I got my Lynx 16 years ago.

Get a the xbox 360 universal remote used at gamestop or EB for 20 bucks. Just make sure you get the Universal one and not the "Mini" remote.

Hold off buying one of those Logitec universal remotes since they are sure to drop in price and improve as time goes by. I'm willing to bet Logitec will realease a version that controls the PS3, Wii and xbox 360 in the future.

I LOVE my Harmony remote....really nice if you have a need for everything, nice and customizable.

I also have the BONUS remote that came with the 360 FOR SALE...PM if interested.

[quote name='KingDox']Get a the xbox 360 universal remote used at gamestop or EB for 20 bucks. Just make sure you get the Universal one and not the "Mini" remote.
[/quote]
Thanks for telling me the price I'll be sure to check my local Gamestop and EB.

[quote name='the big diesel']Why don't you just save your money and use the 360 controller. It works just fine for me with DVDs.[/quote]
My 360 is the DVD player for my parent's 55" tv, so the main reason I want a remote is so they wont be afraid to use the 360.

[quote name='the big diesel']They can't figure out the buttons? You go to the main DVD menu and hit A....and then just watch the movie.[/QUOTE]
Simply turning the 360 controller on would be too complicated for my parents

[quote name='dastly75']Simply turning the 360 controller on would be too complicated for my parents[/quote]

Gotcha, my mom is the same way.

[quote name='the big diesel']They can't figure out the buttons? You go to the main DVD menu and hit A....and then just watch the movie.[/quote]
I'm sure they could learn (at least my dad could), but they don't want to learn and I don't want to teach them.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I'm sure they could learn (at least my dad could), but they don't want to learn and I don't want to teach them.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean!

I just went ahead and bought the official MS Universal Media Remote. For some reason none of the codes to connect it to my TV work. I tried doing the option where the remote will search for the TV's connection code and it still wouldn't work. Any suggestions?

[quote name='mobster011']I just went ahead and bought the official MS Universal Media Remote. For some reason none of the codes to connect it to my TV work. I tried doing the option where the remote will search for the TV's connection code and it still wouldn't work. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

So, how is it?

I have been meaning to get one.

bread's done
Back