How's this for a deal (Japanese movies)

magilacudy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I picked up Battle Royale 1,2, Oldboy and Audition for $60 at one of those stands at the mall... Plus the phone number of the girl that works there (actually it might be the stand's number, I wasn't really paying attention to what she was saying). :p

I was only interested in getting Oldboy first, but we got into a convo about movies and stuff and somehow I was convinced to buy BR... Though she threw in BR2 for free and Audition for half price.

Yeah I know I got robbed, but I'm a sucker for girls with pretty eyes and other uhh assets. :)

Good God, man, go to Brunswick Square Mall, in East Brunswick. The Hong Kong movie cart there is always running a 3-for-$25 deal. I picked up Oldboy, Cashern and House of Flying Daggers just the other day. They usually have a decent selection for a small cart. Good hunting. :)

Also, next time pay the money to the girl's friend instead of her. For the extra $35, you'll probably be able to get the girl's phone number AND have the friend talk you up nicely, what a great guy you are, such a sweetheart, etc etc. ;)

those r bootlegs
there is a cart in the king of prussia mall that made me stop dead in my tracks and had those movies u r talking about. I was interested in oldboy also and was gonna buy till i looked closer and saw that the inserts were photo copies. Also he wanted 20-25 a dvd. 10 for a bootleg is one thing but that was too much. go here it's a great store in nj, and if oldboy isnt out on dvd yet in japan just wait and get the originals from this site. let me know of the quality that u bought
www.pokerindustries.com

Edit: since u guys are both in jersey this store is in oldbridge if u dont wanna pay shipping

[quote name='bookishboy']Also, next time pay the money to the girl's friend instead of her. For the extra $35, you'll probably be able to get the girl's phone number AN have the friend talk you up nicely, what a great guy you are, such a sweetheart, etc etc. ;)[/QUOTE]

Good idea. I should've thought of that sooner. :insert smacking self in the forehead smiley here:

The stand in the Brunswick Square is probably gray-market. As near as I can tell, they're from Hongkong or Bangkok; some of the DVD's have Thai writing on the cover inserts. I've bought from them twice; in addition to the titles listed above, I also got the two Juon movies and The Ring. Quality of the movies is top-notch, they're either well-done rips of the original DVD's, or VERY well-done insider stuff, like where they have a movie projectionist on their payroll. They don't really come with much in the way of extras, and don't expect an English-dubbed track, but the subtitles are all good (as in, no awful grammar inconsistancies) and many of the movies there are available well in advance of tradional North American releases.

I'll have to check out the store in Old Bridge one of these weekends, thanks for the heads-up. :)

in toronto (well, markham mostly) you can get these DVD's at 4 (5 if you look around a bit) for $20 CAD (about $15 u.s. and they almost never charge tax), depending on the store you go to.

bread's done
Back