HP Book 7

[quote name='tarouza']i know my job at teh grocery store is getting them for 23.99 i am going to see if i can get a copy a couple days early[/quote]

My bet is you won't. Amazon.com has the best price I have seen. It is like $18 and then in August you get a $5 gift certificate to use at Amazon.

DeepDiscount has had the best prices from what I have seen, but I'm interested in the Deluxe version... so that's what I can speak about most reliably.

While other places have the Deluxe listed at $40+, Deep Discount's price is $38. And I'm a regular customer with them, as their prices are usually good, the 20% off sales on DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-Ray have been outstanding, and they are well regarded by myself and others.

Having bought a box set of the first 5 books in hardback, and bought the 6th as a Deluxe edition, I'm definately getting the Deluxe of 7 to complete the collection, and for the read everyone is waiting for. ;)

From Local Ads in Louisville, KY:

Meijers $12.99 with additional $30.00 purchase ($19.99 w/o)
Target $17.99
Walmart $18.78

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']My bet is you won't. Amazon.com has the best price I have seen. It is like $18 and then in August you get a $5 gift certificate to use at Amazon.[/quote]

theres where i ordered mine from :) wanted Deluxe but sold out

[quote name='merkman']DeepDiscount has had the best prices from what I have seen, but I'm interested in the Deluxe version... so that's what I can speak about most reliably.

While other places have the Deluxe listed at $40+, Deep Discount's price is $38. And I'm a regular customer with them, as their prices are usually good, the 20% off sales on DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-Ray have been outstanding, and they are well regarded by myself and others.

Having bought a box set of the first 5 books in hardback, and bought the 6th as a Deluxe edition, I'm definately getting the Deluxe of 7 to complete the collection, and for the read everyone is waiting for. ;)[/QUOTE]

What's extra in the Deluxe editions? I have the standard hardcover versions of the first 6 and have ordered the standard hardcover from Amazon for book 7. I'm wondering if I should track down deluxe editions instead.

Amazon has the best online price. Wal-Mart or another discount store wiil have the cheapest price. Target has the best add, but look for other stores to comp down to their price.

[quote name='foltzie']Amazon has the best online price. Wal-Mart or another discount store wiil have the cheapest price. Target has the best add, but look for other stores to comp down to their price.[/QUOTE]

Listen to this guy.

I went down the Wal*Mart route for book 6. Was able to walk in and out just after midnight and the price was the best at the time in my area. I plan on doing the same thing. Unfortunately I have a wedding to go to on Saturday that is going to seriously cramp my reading time :p.

CostCo is offering the book for 18.49. I figure that's the place to go since everyone and their mom are going to be checking out book stores and Walmart.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']There's no one at Walmart because they did all their preorders at B&N, Borders and Target.[/QUOTE]

Not quite true as my local store had quite a line for the last two books (although it may vary by location and availbility of other stores). Although it would be valid to say that showing up at 1am insteam of Midnight to a Wal-Mart pretty much assures you a copy and avoids lines.

[quote name='foltzie']Not quite true as my local store had quite a line for the last two books (although it may vary by location and availbility of other stores). Although it would be valid to say that showing up at 1am insteam of Midnight to a Wal-Mart pretty much assures you a copy and avoids lines.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, when I went to pick up the last book for my wife (before kiddies), she had it preordered at B&N. Line was horrendously long, and I stood there for awhile before someone drove past holding theirs out the window and yelling 'Wal-mart, baby!'

At that point I went over there, bought the book and was out of the store within five minutes.

alot of stores willl be selling it the night of so if you want it fast go to walmart, target ect, but if you want to get a good deal amazon has had the best deal so far that ive seen and yeah i spent alot of time looking. id love to get my hands on a deluxe edition but thats just too much to pay os i'll probably wait till that collectors set of all 7 books comes out and get that.

[quote name='vgossain']What's extra in the Deluxe editions? I have the standard hardcover versions of the first 6 and have ordered the standard hardcover from Amazon for book 7. I'm wondering if I should track down deluxe editions instead.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. Take a look at Amazon, as they do a good job of describing items even before release. Deluxe always has a slipcase, usually some extra artwork, and, and obviously the books arrive in meticulous condition. I'm re-reading my copy of 6 now, and you'd never know it's even been read once before.

Probably not worth it to a lot of folks, but I really enjoy having the Deluxe editions.

I would go with Walmart, Barnes and Nobles usually implements a wristband system which is a hassle and can take hours with walmart your in and out within 5 min. Unless you want to have the pleasure of waiting for hours with other HP fans. Plus B&N probably charges a lot more for the book than walmart. For the last book I remember walking into walmart on the afternoon after launch and seeing about half a table of books still left, so if your getting there at launch you have a very good chance of getting the book. We also have a Sams Club next to walmart where I am a member so if all else fails you could go into Sams to see if they have any books left.

I bought mine online from Chapters.ca, I had a giftcard so it was cheapeast place for me. It is supposedly getting delivered on the morning of the 21st

[quote name='NorthX08']theres where i ordered mine from :) wanted Deluxe but sold out[/quote]
I ordered the deluxe on February 1st the from Amazon, from what I read they are only selling 100k of them but that seems kind of low too me.

Amazon was guaranteeing you will have it on the 21st or its free but that stooped as of 12:00 EST today. However if you don't have a preorder just go to Wal Mart or hell every drug store and grocery store in my area has a sign up for it even Best Buy has a sign up.

i have mine preordered at amazon so it should be coming in Sat's mail. I kinda wish i could get it Fri night though now. And even though i dont condone it, apparently someone has uploaded a copy of it on piratesbay, so to each their own.

A couple of truck fulls of these books were loaded at my work yesterday (ups), oh the temptation of storing box after box of the new harry potter books. Anyways, they're making me work 5 hours more on thursday because theres a special shipment of nothing but harry potter books that day. Damn you JK Rowling! -_-

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i have mine preordered at amazon so it should be coming in Sat's mail. I kinda wish i could get it Fri night though now. And even though i dont condone it, apparently someone has uploaded a copy of it on piratesbay, so to each their own.[/quote]

When I pre-ordered mine it was before Amazon stated that it was guaranteed to be here on the 21st. So I read the Amazon forums to see what others thought and most replied that for Half Blood Prince and Order they got there books a day or two before. So I still hold hope that it might be in my mail box on Friday. ;)

Amazon seems to be sold out of the Deluxe version. =(

I didn't even know there was a deluxe until I read this post. Seeing as how it's so late, is there still any way to procure a Deluxe version of HP7?

[quote name='jling84']Amazon seems to be sold out of the Deluxe version. =(

I didn't even know there was a deluxe until I read this post. Seeing as how it's so late, is there still any way to procure a Deluxe version of HP7?[/quote]
Try local shops like Barnes and Noble, Books A Million, and Borders. To my knowlage I think only book stores are selling the Deluxe but I'm not sure.

Also for any one who bought from Amazon my card just got charged for it !!!!

[quote name='jling84']Amazon seems to be sold out of the Deluxe version. =(

I didn't even know there was a deluxe until I read this post. Seeing as how it's so late, is there still any way to procure a Deluxe version of HP7?[/QUOTE]

As I've mentioned before, Deep Discount has a GREAT price on the deluxe version. And they still seem to have copies to sell. Just take a look here...

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=9148802

Hope this helps!!!

bread's done
Back