HP Laptop - Tips needed now 9/5/10 last day

DoReiRei

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So far i keep coming back to the HP Pavilion dv7-6195us
- Link for specs/etc.-
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/cto/computer_customize_components.do

Looking for any discounts for this model laptop.
$1,178.68 with 3 year warranty + damage coverage from HP

Damage warranty for a replacement is a must as well, as i tend to break every laptop i have. Metal bars/frame is sticking out of the current broken laptop i have.

Battlefield BC2/Battlefield 3 would be the core heavy graphic games i'd play on it, Im fine with Low/medium settings.

Main interest is in Strategy games. Sins of a solar Empire, Sword of the stars, and about ten other 4X games and normal ground based ones, Mainly Large scale battles so ram/CPU is needed much more then graphics.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
HP has a 30% off HP Pavilion Laptops $999+ on the website right now. The code is NBCR9933 and it expires 9/5/11.

[quote name='mespo']HP has a 30% off HP Pavilion Laptops $999+ on the website right now. The code is NBCR9933 and it expires 9/5/11.[/QUOTE]

NBCR9933 - The coupon entered does not apply to the items in your shopping cart. Please review the coupon for products included in this offer.

[quote name='DoReiRei']NBCR9933 - The coupon entered does not apply to the items in your shopping cart. Please review the coupon for products included in this offer.[/QUOTE]

You tried it on HP's website? I just added one over $999 on there and the coupon worked.

[quote name='mespo']You tried it on HP's website? I just added one over $999 on there and the coupon worked.[/QUOTE]
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...p/psg/notebooks/leftnav_screen_size_over_16.9

Correct right?

Order subtotal
$1,195.99
Shipping
Standard 5-7 Business Days
FREE
Two Business Days
$39.00
Estimated tax 35115
$59.80
Total
$1,255.79
Coupon code ?
The coupon entered does not apply to the items in your shopping cart. Please review the coupon for products included in this offer.

I keep getting failed, i have tried over 6 laptops.

[quote name='DoReiRei']http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...p/psg/notebooks/leftnav_screen_size_over_16.9

Correct right?

Order subtotal
$1,195.99
Shipping
Standard 5-7 Business Days
FREE
Two Business Days
$39.00
Estimated tax 35115
$59.80
Total
$1,255.79
Coupon code ?
The coupon entered does not apply to the items in your shopping cart. Please review the coupon for products included in this offer.

I keep getting failed, i have tried over 6 laptops.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is weird. I used the link you sent, put the code in and it worked. I think the deal is only for customized $999+ Pavilion laptops. I tried using the code with a quickship model and got that error message you keep getting. Is that the problem?

[quote name='mespo']Yeah, that is weird. I used the link you sent, put the code in and it worked. I think the deal is only for customized $999+ Pavilion laptops. I tried using the code with a quickship model and got that error message you keep getting. Is that the problem?[/QUOTE]

I have tried pre-mades & customs for the DV7.

HP Pavilion dv7t Quad Edition customizable Notebook PC
EPP_00_LM726AV

dark umber
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
2nd generation Intel(R) Quad Core(TM) i7-2630QM (2.0 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) w/Turbo Boost up to 2.9 GHz
1GB GDDR5 Radeon(TM) HD 6770M Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
FREE Upgrade to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
No Additional Office Software
No additional security software
30% OFF! 9-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (over-sized) - Up to 9.5 hours of battery life +++
17.3" diagonal Full HD HP Anti-glare LED Display (1920 x 1080)
FREE Upgrade to Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN with Wireless Display Support
Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad
HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

Can anyone try that model laptop with +9Cell battery?

So, I installed firefox, and the coupon is working now, wtf? Was using google chrome before, very curious.

Anyone able to recommend any improvements?

• dark umber
  • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
  • 2nd generation Intel(R) Quad Core(TM) i7-2630QM (2.0 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) w/Turbo Boost up to 2.9 GHz
  • 1GB GDDR5 Radeon(TM) HD 6770M Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
  • FREE Upgrade to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
  • 750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
  • No Additional Office Software
  • No additional security software
  • 30% OFF! 9-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (over-sized) - Up to 9.5 hours of battery life +++
  • 17.3" diagonal HD+ HP BrightView LED Display (1600 x 900)
  • FREE Upgrade to Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
  • HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
  • Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN with Wireless Display Support
  • Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad
  • HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope
Total $952.55

Think i should upgrade the screen to 17.3" diagonal Full HD HP Anti-glare LED Display (1920 x 1080) instead? would be about 100$ more though.

Thanks for the help though so far

[quote name='DoReiRei']So, I installed firefox, and the coupon is working now, wtf? Was using google chrome before, very curious.

Anyone able to recommend any improvements?

• dark umber
  • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
  • 2nd generation Intel(R) Quad Core(TM) i7-2630QM (2.0 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) w/Turbo Boost up to 2.9 GHz
  • 1GB GDDR5 Radeon(TM) HD 6770M Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
  • FREE Upgrade to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
  • 750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
  • No Additional Office Software
  • No additional security software
  • 30% OFF! 9-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (over-sized) - Up to 9.5 hours of battery life +++
  • 17.3" diagonal HD+ HP BrightView LED Display (1600 x 900)
  • FREE Upgrade to Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
  • HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
  • Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN with Wireless Display Support
  • Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad
  • HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope
Total$952.55

Think i should upgrade the screen to 17.3" diagonal Full HD HP Anti-glare LED Display (1920 x 1080) instead? would be about 100$ more though.

Thanks for the help though so far
[/QUOTE]

I would go with the higher resolution screen. You would still end up about where you were price-wise with the original computer you were going to get from amazon.

bread's done
Back