HTIB under 250

rivacom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Been looking around for a HTIB system w/ DVD player, 5.1 surround sound, many input options(ps2(analog), tv, and possible ps3/xbox360(optical)). I've been looking around bestbuy/circuit city. But was curious on if anyone picked one up recently that blew them away for the price.

I bought the cheapest Sony HTIB (forgive me for not looking up the product code) for $160. Regular price is $200. I wouldn't recommend it. The surround speakers just aren't loud enough in my opinion, I have to put the regular speakers far away and the surround speakers close to the couch--its stupid. It also doesn't have a DVD player, but those are a thing of the past as far as I'm concerned.

Its honestly not even worth it if your going to spend that little money. For like 400-450 you could get a onkyo ht 800 which is great for the price.

Join club onkyo at onkyo.com . The have some good deals on refurb and new onkyo HTIB systems. Check AVSforum, and slickdeals.net or fatwallet as well.

This isn't for me, I am a HD receiver guy. This is for my father in-law who is a little slow on technology. So basicly I want a decent sound for a medium sized room, with a DVD player(upconverting) and easy enough interface for him to be able to plug in the few things he needs to. We finally talked him into upgrading to a LCD tv(he picked up a 42" vizio for a good price) so for xmas I figured I'd pick up a HTib for the family.

Sorry, but you simply aren't going to be able to get anything of any quality with that low of a price-point.

You're FAR better off getting a stand-alone upconverting DVD player and then a seperate HTIB sound setup, as well. Onkyo's the best at these all-in-ones but they are probably $400-$500. It's so much better than anything else at that price, you'd be wasting your money elsewhere.

Not looking to spend 300+ dollars though, I've visited bestbuy/CC and some of the budget systems sounded plenty for the price. Again this is for an older gentlemen not in tune with Technology so it doesn't have to be the lastest and greatest.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Here is a nice Onkyo Setup. This is without a DVD player though but they can be had for 50ish bucks.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Onky...79767/catOid/-12884/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do[/QUOTE]

I got it for around 230 earlier this year, and honestly it's about all I could ever see needing, at least for my living room. I know that other things are a lot better, when you spend a grand, but in the range that it costs it's pretty solid. 3 Component ins, which are filled by my 360, wii and Cable box. Eventually I'll get another HDTV with multiple HDMI-ins and optical out, until then I'm fine.

The 200 dollarish sony ddw790 is pretty barebones and I'm not sure most people would be that satisfied with it.

Personally I'd say go with a lower end Yamaha system that fits in your price range.

The receiver is awesome and the surrounds / sub are decent while the center seems a little lacking.

Personally I'd say this is your best choice when limited to your price range.

Get that and then get one of those raved $50 Phillips HDMI DivX DVD Upconversion players that'll pop up often enough.

bread's done
Back