huge guitar center labor day sale?

[quote name='unbroken']i heard theres going to be a huge labor day sale at guitar center , does anyone have a link to a scan of the ad or a link with all the deals on it?[/QUOTE]

I got an ad in the mail, just says that I'll need it to get "The List" at the store on September 5. Anybody work there, willing to post that list???????? PLEASE?!

we just got one of these in fort wayne. The grand opening rocked. BUy 1 set of drum sticks get 11 free. BUy 2 packs of strings get 10 free

The sad truth about Guitar Center is that if you are truly looking for a deal on anything of actual QUALITY than you're S.O.L. The buy 2 get 10 strings couldn't even be used to choke someone with they're so crappy. My drummer got in on one of those stick deals a few months back. Now take note - I've played with him for 3 years and seen him break exactly 1 stick in this time until he got this bundle...he then broke 4-5 sticks a PRACTICE. Save your money and actually buy something of some quality - don't get sucked in by the loss leaders! That said...they DO sometimes have some half decent clearance items - but the general rule of thumb is, don't be fooled by the cheap action, buy the quality product - you'll be saving money in the long run.

I'm actually looking for a guitar, but everytime they have a "sale" on guitars, it's usually squier or epihone stuff. But their other guitars are still alot less than other music stores.

Just a quick note, they usually have good deals on mixers there and I mean club/scratch type mixers. They had my mixer, the Rane TTM-54 on sale for about $300 down from $650 the year I bought my mixer. I didn't get it there, but I had to buy it off some guy who apparently went to the sale and decided to buy a bunch of crap, then ebay it. I still got a good deal, but dang, $350 off is insane. Bottom line, go check it out regardless. You should find at least one deal that's good.

I know theres some other stuff they sometimes have on sale are YMMV - I know a guy on Talkbass who got 2 Musicman Bongos for 499 each. (they're usually 1000+!)

I may drop by my local store, who knows...

[quote name='unbroken']come on , 1 day left, someone post that list!!![/QUOTE]
I dont think the list will be posted you gotta go there tommorow and get it.

[quote name='cheapass Gundam']There's always some kind of sale at Guitar Center. Never have good quality stuff on sale though.[/QUOTE]

Just went there and youre right the sale was complete garbage imo. if you havent gone yet dont even bother

yea the sale was pretty crappy, the only stuff that was marked down were the low budget guitars, anything of good quality was marked down VERY little.

[quote name='unbroken']yea the sale was pretty crappy, the only stuff that was marked down were the low budget guitars, anything of good quality was marked down VERY little.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that sums up most of their sales. I hear they are having a sale next monday for the "week after labor day" sale. the week after that will be the "around 2 months until thanksgiving" sale.

bread's done
Back