HUGE sale on Madagascar! Pick it up on PS2/XB for around $15! (Ends 5/28)

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Okay, so Madagascar comes out this week, and some of your inner children may want this (and some of your inner devil children may want good trade-in credit on it). Well, in today's CompUSA ad, it says that the game will be $19.99 after a $20 instant savings on it.. The game retails for $39.99. I couldn't get a good picture of it (since my camera sucks) and on the site it only lists the PC, DS and GBA versions, but in the ad, it specifically states that the instant savings also applies to the PS2 and XBox versions..

(for reference: http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255473.asp and http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=210738)

So I figure.. if you guys can get Circuit City to match the CompUSA price of $19.99, along with a Best Buy GGC (They'll do that, right?) and Circuit City's "give the difference and 10% (or 15%, can't remember)", it'll knock this game to around $14.99.. not a bad deal for those with little ones looking to save a buck or two.. or twenty five.

Found it on their site:

mada1qh.jpg

Along with a listing on their site..

http://compusa.crossmediaservices.c...ge&storeid=2402193&rapid=141195&pagenumber=10

[quote name='help1']Hmm, this is YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Why would it be YMMV? It's a simple price match plus GGC, people on the boards do it every day at Circuit City..

[quote name='help1']Hmm, this is YMMV.[/QUOTE]

What is so YMMV with this?

Either price match to CC and get 110%, or price match to Best Buy and use a GGC.

$20 instant Saving is very good DEAL

If Bestbuy let you pricematch it..... You get it for $20 plus SHREK 2 for $10. If you lucky you can do double Dip... u can get SHREK 2 for $5 after $5 off coupon... ;)

[quote name='Scorch']Why would it be YMMV? It's a simple price match plus GGC, people on the boards do it every day at Circuit City..[/QUOTE]
CompUSA's don't exist everywhere, you know...Not only that, I haven't seen a GGC at my Best Buy in well over a year.

Looks like a typical platformer.. 11 levels so it shouldn't be too long.. seems the price is just right.. hope you guys enjoy this one, the movie looks hilarious, especially the penguins..

penguins.jpg

CompUSA's don't exist everywhere, you know...Not only that, I haven't seen a GGC at my Best Buy in well over a year.

I've never seen a GGC at all, I don't shop at Best Buy.. and I realize that CompUSA doesn't exist everywhere.. I meant why would it be YMMV for those that have one within range of them

Good find OP! I don't have a CompUSA close to me, but this deal is deserving of a bump. The movie should be hilarious. Let's hope the game is halfway decent.

[quote name='Scorch']Looks like a typical platformer.. 11 levels so it shouldn't be too long.. seems the price is just right.. hope you guys enjoy this one, the movie looks hilarious, especially the penguins..

penguins.jpg

I've never seen a GGC at all, I don't shop at Best Buy.. and I realize that CompUSA doesn't exist everywhere.. I meant why would it be YMMV for those that have one within range of them[/QUOTE]

The PM shouldn't be YMMV, but PM + GGC is. BB generally considers PMing to another "offer" which cannot be combined with GGC. And having CC PM to one store and use a coupon from another is pushing it as well (might work for some, but probably not for most).

Yeah, I figured you couldn't PM one ad and use a GGC with it.. oh well. Regardless, 50% off is a good deal, and even more than 50% at CC (since they do the difference plus % thing)..

Oh well. Good luck to all that try this!

Don't mean to be a jerk or anything; just curious : Why is it a good find? It's mentioned clearly (and highlighted in purple) in the weekly ad thread and has been there for days. As far as CC letting you PM from one store AND use a GCC from another, that's a big YMMV.

One thing I don't know yet : Is there a movie ticket in every store's copys. I know one ad (Best Buy's maybe) says Movie Ticket Included. That makes it an even better deal.

thanks for the post OP. i have a compusa right near me, and a best buy and circuit city in the same shopping center. gamerush has to give a good 20-22 for this one. picking it up for $15 with the GGC is a damn good deal. can i buy 3 copies from best buy when being pricematched, or is it limited to one?

Sorry to bring this thread back, but did anyone buy this? Thinking about going to CC tomorrow. If you did buy it, how's the game?

[quote name='Scorch']congratulations on reading the entire post and realizing that someone had already mentioned it[/QUOTE]

congratulations on im sorry but i dont give a shit...don't get mad cuz you're the first one to yell "REPOST!" whenever given the chance...yet you can't take it when someone points it out to you

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']congratulations on im sorry but i dont give a shit...don't get mad cuz you're the first one to yell "REPOST!" whenever given the chance...yet you can't take it when someone points it out to you[/QUOTE]

:lol: :rofl: :lol:

[quote name='Scorch']Well, in today's CompUSA ad, it says that the game will be $19.99 after a $20 instant savings on it.. The game retails for $39.99. I couldn't get a good picture of it (since my camera sucks) and on the site it only lists the PC, DS and GBA versions, but in the ad, it specifically states that the instant savings also applies to the PS2 and XBox versions..
[/QUOTE]

Sorry if I missed it, but I can't find where it mentions the DS version? If that's $20 off I'd love to pick it up.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']congratulations on im sorry but i dont give a shit...don't get mad cuz you're the first one to yell "REPOST!" whenever given the chance...yet you can't take it when someone points it out to you[/QUOTE]

"Congratulations on i'm sorry but i don't give a shit"? That doesn't even make sense..

I can't take it when someone points it out to me? Funny, after the first person yelled 'repost', I seemed to be doing okay.. so get a mod to lock it instead of getting so bent out of shape about it.

[quote name='hwong3']Sorry if I missed it, but I can't find where it mentions the DS version? If that's $20 off I'd love to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

It's not, I just mentioned that the DS version was listed on the site.

[quote name='punqsux']repost.[/QUOTE]

Ah look, Punq's a comedian. Nice one. No, honestly, I would've never expected that one at all.. you're so creative and original. :)

Did anyone actually do this deal? I want to know how the game is..

so, is there really somewhere to get this for 19.00.... I don't really give a mother fu... if some sad bastard found it first?

[quote name='Scorch']Ah look, Punq's a comedian. Nice one. No, honestly, I would've never expected that one at all.. you're so creative and original. :)
[/QUOTE]

repost.

bread's done
Back