Humble Bundle Mojam 2-17/2-19

You know, considering how long it took them to make the "retail" version of Minecraft I don't have much faith in a 60 hour game. I also anticipate one of the bonuses being a trial to Minecraft making this more of an advertisement for Minecraft that anything else.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']You know, considering how long it took them to make the "retail" version of Minecraft I don't have much faith in a 60 hour game. I also anticipate one of the bonuses being a trial to Minecraft making this more of an advertisement for Minecraft that anything else.[/QUOTE]

Because obviously they will be creating something to the scope of Minecraft and only one person will be doing the majority of the work......... But I do agree that this will most likely advertise minecraft. I wouldn't be surprised to see maybe a discount for minecraft if you donate since they have done that before with a previous humble bundle (don't remember which one).

I think this could be cool. Not the best game ever, but for a PWYW thing, I think it'll be awesome! Love the combination thing! Voted for FPS and Steampunk.

I voted RTS + Post Apoc. Looks like I'll at least get the RTS part =). Post Apoc is in second, so there's still a chance there too.

[quote name='Darknuke']I voted RTS + Post Apoc. Looks like I'll at least get the RTS part =). Post Apoc is in second, so there's still a chance there too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I voted for RTS, but went with Steam Punk. Post Apoc is cool and all, but there are not enough steam punk games while there are an abundance of Post Apoc. Of course it was difficult not to vote Peter Molyneux as the genre. A game in that genre would be so revolutionary. I mean what could it not be?

I voted FPS and Candy Land. I don't have much spending cash, but I'll pre-order this once it goes up.

I wanted a horror FPS... but seems like RTS is going to win... but you guys did read that the game will be a combination of the genre with the most and LEAST votes, right?

[quote name='vlv723']For now RTS/Steampunk is in the lead. Not really a RTS guy though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but we're looking at a RTS/Shoot Em Up with a Steampunk/World War II theme.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, but we're looking at a RTS/Shoot Em Up with a Steampunk/World War II theme.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, that sounds like a great combo to me! If they do it amazingly well (Like, take wayyyyyy more than 60 hours), we could be looking at a really cool mash up of Geometry Wars/Starcraft/Toy Soldiers. Sounds good to me!

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Honestly, that sounds like a great combo to me! If they do it amazingly well (Like, take wayyyyyy more than 60 hours), we could be looking at a really cool mash up of Geometry Wars/Starcraft/Toy Soldiers. Sounds good to me![/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd buy that... Sounds like an awesome idea.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Any clue if there will be a minimum for this?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it will be like the other bundles, so you can pay what you want. But if you pay more than the minimum then you get whatever extras there are.

What the hell kind of antideal is this. Paying money for an unmade game that'll be "Finished" in 60 hours? God damn. GOD DAMN. WHERE'S ROLLINGSKULL, SOMEONE HAS TO PUT A STOP TO THIS NONSENSE

[quote name='jling84']Damn it people! Vote for them to make me a Steampunk Dating Sim![/QUOTE]

A steampunk or post apocalyptic dating sim would be great. But it doesn't look like it has much of a chance, last I checked :/

It seems like everyone is doing these alpha funding, kickstarter etc projects these days. Next thing you know EA will be doing one. You know they are rubbing their hands together thinking about the 2 million Double Fine got the other day without even having any product ready.

Still, if this is cheap enough and the genre mashup sounds remotely tolerable I will probably be in for a couple of dollars at least.

[quote name='caldazar']come on folks, get RTS bumped! dungeon crawl ftw![/QUOTE]

No, I want to try an RTS-combo! What we need are people to vote up the options that are not very good for combos... RTS-Racing? Steampunk-Ancient Egypt? No thanks... Whatever happend to the good 'ol GeometryCraft Soldiers??

I'll probably throw them a bone to two because its charity...but I'm not expecting much at all.

If it sucks at least my money went to charity.

Voted Dungeon Crawler / Modern

"Jojo shoots APimpNameSlickBack with Rusty 9mm Gat for 30 penetration damage (2x Gangster Style attack damage buff applied)"

I may end up donating because I think the streaming thing is pretty genius. If I get an hour or two of entertainment out of watching the steam they can have my money.

Chucked in five dollars, my usual Humble donation.

This could be outstanding or a massive failure. I'm looking forward to finding out which :D And anyways, it's a really, really cool idea. Well played, Mojang.

p.s. I voted Peter Molyneux/Horror, don't quite know what I was expecting.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']was there anything stated that this would be a Windows, Mac AND Linux game? Just curious before I tell my friends the wrong info ha[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain but they still should be a little more clear on that point.

I know Humble is wanting to do more with Android and Mojang did do a Minecraft port to Android, but I can't see them doing a mobile only version and not bothering to mention it. Plus I still think the PC is sort of their home turf.

[quote name='Motoki']I'm fairly certain but they still should be a little more clear on that point.

I know Humble is wanting to do more with Android and Mojang did do a Minecraft port to Android, but I can't see them doing a mobile only version and not bothering to mention it. Plus I still think the PC is sort of their home turf.[/QUOTE]

Yea I think it will come out on all 3 platforms as well, just wish they would officially say that (guess maybe they can't yet). And Android would be sweet, but I can't imagine they could do all 4! Though that would be awesome!

Tossed in a few bucks, all we know a "bonus" might be a copy of Minecraft... the guy has been rather generous/crazy recently. Maybe he'll make Psychonauts 2 in 60 hours :p

Watching all that coding is making my head ache. No wonder why I didn't picked this as my career in the IT field. Then again, it would been a nice challenge/career to take on.

All of the money goes to charity, so there's no reason not to kick in a buck and hopefully end up with something pretty fun.

bread's done
Back