Humble Bundle Thread

Good $1 tier if you want the Wizardry games on Steam.  So not for me, then.

Two extra tiers with the second one being $5 instead of $6 is an interesting change.  I wonder if that's just for this bundle or if we'll see it again.

New Humble Weekly Bundle - Night Dive Studios:

• Wizardry 6
  • Wizardry 7
  • Shadow Man
Pay more than $5 for:

• I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
  • Harvester
  • The 7th Guest
Pay more than $9 for:

• Wizardry 8
  • System Shock 2
  • The 11th Hour
Seeing that Weekly made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Not even gonna pity-like that post.

Here's what's wrong with this Weekly:

A) The new tiering system is shit and looks like a push for more money, especially with the tiering of games and their sequels (separating them from each other).

B) Most of these games are older and have DRM-free versions elsewhere, yet they're ALL Steam keys (No DRM-free versions)

C) Most of these games are repeats and are RECENT repeats (Shadow Man, 7th Guest, 11th Hour, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream)

D) The relative age on most of these games and the fact that they've been dirt-cheap at GOG

If it were me, I would have had 7th Guest and I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream in the $1-tier, and combined the $5 and $9 tier into a $6-tier. If there had to be a third-tier, I would have put System Shock 2 at $9/$10 by itself (nobody would buy it, but still).

It's a shame because I'm missing System Shock 2, the Wizardry series and the Harvester, but the pricing makes it so I'm not going higher than $1 (I'm still pissed about the lack of DRM-free versions here).

Good $1 tier if you want the Wizardry games on Steam. So not for me, then.

Two extra tiers with the second one being $5 instead of $6 is an interesting change. I wonder if that's just for this bundle or if we'll see it again.
It could be an experiment, yeah. I really hope this week bombs and it goes away.

Could be an intentionally crappy weekly because they're guaranteed more money through the Humble Store though.

Last edited by a moderator:

A) The new tiering system is shit and looks like a push for more money, especially with the tiering of games and their sequels (separating them from each other).
Eh. I don't see a whole lot of difference between one higher tier that isn't worth grabbing and two higher tiers that aren't worth grabbing.

Eh. I don't see a whole lot of difference between one higher tier that isn't worth grabbing and two higher tiers that aren't worth grabbing.
I wonder if there'd have been another game at the $1 level with the traditional $1/$6 split. While I normally BTA on the big/numbered HIBs, weeklys are usually a $1 affair if I buy in. Thus I have a strong interest in having a decent $1 level.

The difference is the bundle-n00bs and bundle-lites who don't know any better and probably provide a substantial portion of Humble's sales who are going to buy into this and get Humble to continue making their tiering less humble.

"DURR, that second tier is a dollar less than the usual second tier. BOUGHT!"
"HURR, that high tier has more stuff in it than the usual high tiers. BOUGHT 5! LOL DERP"

I don't even want this for $1. I'd pay $1 for Harvester. Everyone here already has SS2 and IHNMAIMS. I don't even want these ancient Wizardry games on GOG. I bought the Toxic Bundle so I don't need Shadow Man, 7th Guest or 11th Hour.

I guess this is the price we pay for weekly bundles.
I would have liked Harvester in the $1 tier to go with Shadow Man since I skipped Toxic.

Wasn't there some discussion around here of either Wizardry 6 or 7 not working right on newer machines and Wizardry 8 was the one to buy anyway? During the summer sale maybe? I'm holding on to a micro-detail and I'd like to finally let it go. Brain cell space is at a premium these days.

It's been up for over a half hour and they haven't quite broke 1000 sales yet. That bundle with Starbound even though it was frigging expensive broke 1,000 in mere seconds.

I don't think this is going to be their best selling bundle.

It's been up for over a half hour and they haven't quite broke 1000 sales yet. That bundle with Starbound even though it was frigging expensive broke 1,000 in mere seconds.

I don't think this is going to be their best selling bundle.
Yeah, but the Starbound one was a main numbered Humble Indie Bundle. This is just a weekly.

I have no interest in the Wizardry games, but I have to recognize that they are not bundle repeats. I don't think there's been a weekly with more than one non-repeat game in the $1 tier since the Popcap weekly. (Though the open source one with Magical Diary was undoubtedly better than this one.)

The difference is the bundle-n00bs and bundle-lites who don't know any better and probably provide a substantial portion of Humble's sales who are going to buy into this and get Humble to continue making their tiering less humble.

"DURR, that second tier is a dollar less than the usual second tier. BOUGHT!"
"HURR, that high tier has more stuff in it than the usual high tiers. BOUGHT 5! LOL DERP"
Yeah, basically. The Humble weeklies seem to be heavily tilted at customers who think that Humble is the only bundle site and is the only alternative to buying directly from Steam. Completely not us, in other words.

So in other words Humble Weeklies are usually poo and have lots of repeat bundle games.....sounds about right. Only one I got was the one with Dust Force since I skipped the BTA in that Humble Bundle and still went for the lower tier.

At this point, I think of Humble as a sell out brand. From beat the average to $6 fixed tier and now this $9 crap, the whole bundle is full of repeats except for Harvester.

They are getting bolder each time because they know regardless of what they throw into the bundle, their sale figures won't decline by too much. Charities or not, this is capitalism at its best.

And for those that bought Samorost2 from Humble Weekly Sale: Amanita & Friends, chances are you won't be getting your steam key.

MXhx9oM.jpg

At this point, I think of Humble as a sell out brand. From beat the average to $6 fixed tier and now this $9 crap, the whole bundle is full of repeats except for Harvester.

They are getting bolder each time because they know regardless of what they throw into the bundle, their sale figures won't decline by too much. Charities or not, this is capitalism at its best.

And for those that bought Samorost2 from Humble Weekly Sale: Amanita & Friends, chances are you won't be getting your steam key.

MXhx9oM.jpg
Amanita Design should go lick their eggos with Humble Bundle and their hammer of fools! I will never ever give humble any tip. They should lick their fat smelly poopy ego with hint of Cleveland Steamroll

They are getting bolder each time because they know regardless of what they throw into the bundle, their sale figures won't decline by too much. Charities or not, this is capitalism at its best.

And for those that bought Samorost2 from Humble Weekly Sale: Amanita & Friends, chances are you won't be getting your steam key.
meh_ro4310.jpg

[quote name="Cheaplikeafox 3.0" post="11743946" timestamp="1399574156"]Let's take Indie Gala Games and charge more for them. Brilliant! [/quote]

I read this in the style of Guinness commercials from several years back.

MXhx9oM.jpg
I don't understand. Why don't they have access to those Steam keys it's their game. Also if they don't have access to them then why is Humble selling it through the Humble Store with a Steam key. I smell bullshit.

Humble has become so bad, Mooby doesn't even bother jinxing bundles anymore.
I predicted this like 6-7 months ago, and several people hera had a good laugh making jokes and acting like I was stupid. I seriously couldn't have been more on the money. I should charge you fuckers for a psychic reading.

Humble got way too full of themselves, and their bundles are no better than anybody else (and are often worse). The only thing I've bought on Humble in months was the Sonic Hits collection the other day. I think they'll still have decent sales here and there (just as Steam, Amazon, etc. does). But the days of the super bundle are likely over...or at most reduced to a once or twice a year thing just to keep their name relevant. Other than that, Humble is nothing special anymore.

I predicted this like 6-7 months ago, and several people hera had a good laugh making jokes and acting like I was stupid. I seriously couldn't have been more on the money. I should charge you fuckers for a psychic reading.
Don't forget punches in the face, because we just look like those types of people who deserve one.

Personally, I think this is the best bundle ever.

However, I also enjoy getting kicked in the nuts while my eyes are gouged out by rabies infested raccoons, so I might just be a masochist. 

Personally, I think this is the best bundle ever.

However, I also enjoy getting kicked in the nuts while my eyes are gouged out by rabies infested raccoons, so I might just be a masochist.
I think we have finally found a worthy successor to the "You might be a redneck" jokes.

Wizardry 8 wasn't even that good. The company was on the brink of bankrupcy at the time so the game was rushed with alot of things not finished.

And that's from a Wizardry fan. 13 years ago at that. I can't imagine time has done the game any justice.

The best thing to happen to the series was the japanese taking control of it.

Edit - apparantly there were alot of post release patches though, some by fans. Maybe they made the game much better. But launch was pretty buggy/bad.

Wizardry 8 wasn't even that good. The company was on the brink of bankrupcy at the time so the game was rushed with alot of things not finished.

And that's from a Wizardry fan. 13 years ago at that. I can't imagine time has done the game any justice.

I kind of liked it for the time but that was 13 years ago for god's sake. And some of those battles were ridiculously long. The Rapax castle was nuts, it was just straight grind battles back to back to back. It had its good points though.

As for the Japanese taking over and weeabizing it, I'm not so sure. Besides the whole Anime art thing, I'm not really a console peasant and the Japanese have this thing where they live in a bubble and don't realize PC gaming is a thing outside of their country.

Edit - apparantly there were alot of post release patches though, some by fans. Maybe they made the game much better. But launch was pretty buggy/bad.
Shut up, stop making me regret my Steam purchase.

Wow...you are exceptional, my man. A typo. Golly gee willikers! Glad you felt that was necessary. I look forward to when you bring it up again in 6 months.
I'll be sure to quote you when you bring up being right about Humble Bundle again, you hypocritical dumbass.

I'm actually amazed that you're 31.

I'll be sure to quote you when you bring up being right about Humble Bundle again, you hypocritical dumbass.

I'm actually amazed that you're 31.
Says the person engaging in personal attacks and name calling... Seriously, dude. Just put me on ignore already, tough guy.

You know this Humble Bundle sucks when the most exciting thing going on in the thread is two random people arguing about something that doesn't make any god damned sense.

B) Most of these games are older and have DRM-free versions elsewhere, yet they're ALL Steam keys (No DRM-free versions)

C) Most of these games are repeats and are RECENT repeats (Shadow Man, 7th Guest, 11th Hour, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream)

D) The relative age on most of these games and the fact that they've been dirt-cheap at GOG

If it were me, I would have had 7th Guest and I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream in the $1-tier, and combined the $5 and $9 tier into a $6-tier. If there had to be a third-tier, I would have put System Shock 2 at $9/$10 by itself (nobody would buy it, but still).

It's a shame because I'm missing System Shock 2, the Wizardry series and the Harvester, but the pricing makes it so I'm not going higher than $1 (I'm still pissed about the lack of DRM-free versions here).

It could be an experiment, yeah. I really hope this week bombs and it goes away.

Could be an intentionally crappy weekly because they're guaranteed more money through the Humble Store though.
I have Wiz 6,7+8 on Steam.

Anyways, Wiz 8 Steam-version does NOT work in its installed-folder.

It doesn't get along w/ Steam overlay, it looks like.

It's DRM-FREE on Steam (i.e. you can boot the game w/out Steam going).

It does not contain CEG - so, you can move it elsewhere.

Actually, you have to move Wiz 8 Steam-version game-folder elsewhere.

Unfortunately - the game wants to be forced to C:\Wiz8.

So, you have to copy that game folder there.

Sometimes, games can be picky like that - especially older titles.

{shrug}

Humble got way too full of themselves, and their bundles are no better than anybody else (and are often worse). The only thing I've bought on Humble in months was the Sonic Hits collection the other day. I think they'll still have decent sales here and there (just as Steam, Amazon, etc. does). But the days of the super bundle are likely over...or at most reduced to a once or twice a year thing just to keep their name relevant. Other than that, Humble is nothing special anymore.
People have such short memories. Does this bundle suck? Yes. But all of the best bundles in the past few months have been from Humble. Indie Bundles 10/11, Bohemia Weekly, Roguelike Weekly, that Adventure game weekly, Popcap weekly, Sega Weekly, that one a few weeks ago that had like 10 games in it (mostly repeats, but still high quality), and the co-op weekly (again, a lot of repeats, but still high quality), all beat virtually any bundle any other site has released this year.

I've said this before, but the only reason people get so pissed at humble is because everybody has unreasonably high standards, and because of humble's boom-bust. They have a lot of bundles that are beyond crappy (e-book bundles, most android bundles, etc), but their best bundles completely blow everything else out of the water. I'm not sure what you consider to be a "super bundle," but if you look through humble's wiki, they really never had an extended period where they had insane bundles coming out every two weeks. They had short bursts, where they had back to back great ones, but never an established pattern where months of non stop awesome bundles. Their numbered indie bundles are typically at least 3-4 months apart, if not longer. Their high quality developer bundles (WB, Origin, Deep Silver) have too small of a sample size to even discern a pattern from. The weekly sales have always been a bit up and down, although they were more consistently great when the weeklys were first instituted...but there's only so many games to bundle. It was inevitable they'd drop in quality at some point.

The really good bundles aren't further apart. What's making it seem that way is that humble shifted to releasing bundles every two weeks just last summer. Realistically, there's no way they could throw out a crazy awesome bundle every two weeks. It'd be impossible. There aren't enough highly desirable games out there to make it happen. Are the bundles inconsistent? Yes. But let's stop acting like everything humble has done in the past year sucks.

People have such short memories. Does this bundle suck? Yes. But all of the best bundles in the past few months have been from Humble. Indie Bundles 10/11, Bohemia Weekly, Roguelike Weekly, that Adventure game weekly, Popcap weekly, Sega Weekly, that one a few weeks ago that had like 10 games in it (mostly repeats, but still high quality), and the co-op weekly (again, a lot of repeats, but still high quality), all beat virtually any bundle any other site has released this year. I've said this before, but the only reason people get so pissed at humble is because everybody has unreasonably high standards, and because of humble's boom-bust. They have a lot of bundles that are beyond crappy (e-book bundles, most android bundles, etc), but their best bundles completely blow everything else out of the water. I'm not sure what you consider to be a "super bundle," but if you look through humble's wiki, they really never had an extended period where they had insane bundles coming out every two weeks. They had short bursts, where they had back to back great ones, but never an established pattern where months of non stop awesome bundles. Their numbered indie bundles are typically at least 3-4 months apart, if not longer. Their high quality developer bundles (WB, Origin, Deep Silver) have to small of a sample size to even discern a pattern from. The really good bundles aren't further apart. What's making it seem that way is that humble shifted to releasing bundles every two weeks just last summer. Realistically, there's no way they could throw out a crazy awesome bundle every two weeks. It'd be impossible. There aren't enough highly desirable games out there to make it happen. Are the bundles inconsistent? Yes. But let's stop acting like everything humble has done in the past year sucks.
tl;dr

humble white knighting

People have such short memories. Does this bundle suck? Yes. But all of the best bundles in the past few months have been from Humble. Indie Bundles 10/11, Bohemia Weekly, Roguelike Weekly, that Adventure game weekly, Popcap weekly, Sega Weekly, that one a few weeks ago that had like 10 games in it (mostly repeats, but still high quality), and the co-op weekly (again, a lot of repeats, but still high quality), all beat virtually any bundle any other site has released this year.

I've said this before, but the only reason people get so pissed at humble is because everybody has unreasonably high standards, and because of humble's boom-bust. They have a lot of bundles that are beyond crappy (e-book bundles, most android bundles, etc), but their best bundles completely blow everything else out of the water. I'm not sure what you consider to be a "super bundle," but if you look through humble's wiki, they really never had an extended period where they had insane bundles coming out every two weeks. They had short bursts, where they had back to back great ones, but never an established pattern where months of non stop awesome bundles. Their numbered indie bundles are typically at least 3-4 months apart, if not longer. Their high quality developer bundles (WB, Origin, Deep Silver) have too small of a sample size to even discern a pattern from. The weekly sales have always been a bit up and down, although they were more consistently great when the weeklys were first instituted...but there's only so many games to bundle. It was inevitable they'd drop in quality at some point.

The really good bundles aren't further apart. What's making it seem that way is that humble shifted to releasing bundles every two weeks just last summer. Realistically, there's no way they could throw out a crazy awesome bundle every two weeks. It'd be impossible. There aren't enough highly desirable games out there to make it happen. Are the bundles inconsistent? Yes. But let's stop acting like everything humble has done in the past year sucks.
Humble Bundle Sequoia Capital white knighting...

big+business+unemployed.jpg

bread's done
Back