Humble Bundle Thread

The Darkness

The Bureau

The Great Gatsby
giphy.gif

Thanks for the info.  I'll grab it for Darkness and Mafia.  Then I can give the other games as gifts.

Edit:  Does the Bioshock 2 key come with the DLC?  I had heard that some keys include it.  I actually have one (from Amazon) that is rather old that was said to include the DLC.  Wondering if this is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, MysterD will be pissed that he didn't pick up Dragonfall yesterday.
Nope, not pissed at all - since Dragonfall was NOT 75% off.

VERY happy w/ base-game at $3.74 today (Steam Sale Price).

SOLD.

EDIT:

I don't think System Shock 2 is published by 2K. At least on PC.
Night Dive has the publishing rights to System Shock 2 currently.

Does anyone know anything about the Made Men DLC for Mafia 2, and if it's free now with the standard edition? I've read mixed reports.

Does anyone know where I can find a full list of system requirements for the 2K Humble Bundle games?

Specifically Mac requirements, as that's the platform I'd be purchasing them for.

Does anyone know where I can find a full list of system requirements for the 2K Humble Bundle games?

Specifically Mac requirements, as that's the platform I'd be purchasing them for.
Did you go and check the STEAM Pages for ALL of these games?

System req's are always listed on those.

Did you go and check the STEAM Pages for ALL of these games?
System req's are always listed on those.
Do you need Steam installed for these titles? I don't think I have it installed anymore.

Thanks! Unfortunately only 5 of the 8 games work on OS X, and of those 5, I sincerely doubt my iMac will cut it. I guess I'm back to waiting for a $10 price point for Bioshock Infinite on my Xbox 360.

Isn't that defeating the purpose?
Yeah really, DRM-Free game only to slap it into another DRM service.

Do you need Steam installed for these titles? I don't think I have it installed anymore.

Yeah really, DRM-Free game only to slap it into another DRM service.
Just to look at the requirements - no.

To play the games - if you buy Steam-versions, then yes.

Go hop on Steam and look these titles up.

"Search the store" in upper-right hand corner.

Link:

http://store.steampowered.com/

Nope.

I have Bioshock 1 from Retail (bought that, #FAKECAG style back in the day on release-day) + got for FREE from GameFly - both had some kind of Internet DRM attached.

For $1 - won't have to deal w/ those DRM problems again.

Thanks to HB, I got both DRM-FREE + Steam-versions for Bioshock - all of which have their pro's and con's.

DRM-FREE version = I won't have to deal w/ Steam or any other DRM...if something ever happens to Steam, Valve, 2K, Securom, GameFly, or whatever.

Steam version = I can use this to deal w/ Steam's time-tracking, easy install, and any other nice Steam-features, if I ever replay Bioshock.

I've actually fully ran through Bioshock 1 twice, BTW.

Also...those extra Steam-keys (Darkness 2 + The Bureau) - I could trade, giveaway, or do something with.

Nope.

I have Bioshock bought from Retail + got free from GameFly - both had some kind of Internet DRM attached.

For $1 - won't have to deal w/ that problem again.

Thanks to HB, I got both DRM-FREE + Steam-versions - all of which have their pro's and con's.

DRM-FREE version = I won't have to deal w/ Steam or any other DRM, if something ever happens to Steam, Valve, or whatever.

Steam version = I can use this to deal w/ Steam's time-tracking, easy install, and any other nice Steam-features, if I ever replay Bioshock.

I've actually fully ran through Bioshock 1 twice, BTW.

Also...those extra Steam-keys (Darkness 2 + The Bureau) - I could trade, giveaway, or do something with.
Or you could have just paid a penny to get your DRM-FREE Bioshock 1... and used your Retail CD Key to register on Steam.

Dumbass

Or you could have just paid a penny to get your DRM-FREE Bioshock 1... and used your Retail CD Key to register on Steam.

Dumbass
My Bioshock 1 key from Retail is NOT in that listed format (of typical Steam keys) that it wants (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX).

My retail key is in this format -> XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX.

Tried that before onto Steam - and it's never worked.

Dumbass.

My Bioshock 1 key from Retail is NOT in that listed format of typical Steam keys (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX).

My retail key is in this format -> XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX.

Tried that before onto Steam - and it's never worked.

Dumbass.
So you paid an additional $0.99 to get an old game you've already played twice on steam?

...wait a minute, MysterD doesn't replay games...

h9_ED78629.jpg

I should note - Bioshock 1 is one of MysterD's favorite games of all time.
You already knew the story, there was absolutely no point in replaying it.

Or did you less-than-halfass it like you did with Hitman Absolution -- never achieving Silent Assassin even once?

You already knew the story, there was absolutely no point in replaying it.

Or did you less-than-halfass it like you did with Hitman Absolution -- never achieving Silent Assassin even once?
I replayed it after finishing it, to get the "Good" Ending and...

...to see how often Atlas/Fontaine railroaded the player and said, "Would you kindly..."

Love that damn game.

Anyone having issues with gift links?  Had two people send me their spares, redeemed them and still haven't gotten an e-mail after two or hours.

I'm sure Borderlands 1 will be one of the bonuses.  2... maybe.  How much were they selling base 2 for during the recent sales? $8 or so?  Yeah I could actually see it and triggering people to buy the mountain of DLC.

I'm sure Borderlands 1 will be one of the bonuses. 2... maybe. How much were they selling base 2 for during the recent sales? $8 or so? Yeah I could actually see it and triggering people to buy the mountain of DLC.
$5 actually but yea I can see it there as a way to sell DLC. Civ V base game also. The only thing is why leave big names like that for the bonuses. Maybe try to move more bundles at a higher average price? Eh I don't know.

bread's done
Back