Humble Bundle Thread

I bought in for a buck, with a locked in BTA of $4.82, but ended up trading for KOF XIII, so I'm not going to be upping my purchase.

The only game I needed out of the base tier was Van Helsing, so if you want all the other games for $3.83, let me know.

anyone pennied in for the Rhymth Flash Bundle on Monday around $2 ish?  A friend of mine is interested in getting the whole bundle, if you end up not using.  thanks

New Humble Mobile Bundle - Sega:

• Sonic 4 Episode 1
  • ChuChu Rocket!
  • Virtua Tennis Challenge
Beat the Average for:

• Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
  • Sonic 4 Episode 2
  • Crazy Taxi

New Humble Books Bundle - Bookperk:

• The Curse of Chalion
  • Twinmaker
  • Busting Vegas
  • American Gods
  • Map of Bones + The Sixth Extinction (excerpt)
Beat the Average for:

• Angel's Ink
  • The Wasteland Saga
  • By the Blood of the Heroes
  • The Witch of Portobello
Pay $10 or more to unlock:

• Dead Witch Walking + Trouble on Reserve (Bundle Exclusive Novella)

New Humble Store Daily Deal:

Other Humble Store sales:

Last edited by a moderator:
0ryqF2G.png

plz.

New Humble Books Bundle - Bookperk:

• The Curse of Chalion
  • Twinmaker
  • Busting Vegas
  • American Gods
  • Map of Bones + The Sixth Extinction (excerpt)
Beat the Average for:

• Angel's Ink
  • The Wasteland Saga
  • By the Blood of the Heroes
  • The Witch of Portobello
Pay $10 or more to unlock:

• Dead Witch Walking + Trouble on Reserve
At the very least, everybody should penny in for American Gods.

Er, kinda. More like no more mobile bundles replacing weeks without a bundle.
They're doing the same thing they did with the book bundles and splitting them off into another tab, which may mean there are just more breaks for main bundles, but at least it doesn't feel like they're taking their place.

They're doing the same thing they did with the book bundles and splitting them off into another tab, which may mean there are just more breaks for main bundles, but at least it doesn't feel like they're taking their place.
Right.

For some reason many Humble consumers see running a non-PC game bundle as worse than not running a bundle at all.

Right.

For some reason many Humble consumers see running a non-PC game bundle as worse than not running a bundle at all.
I'm fine with mobile bundles, I just don't like them potentially interfering with main ones. It's just a perception thing honestly, but I'm glad for the split in any case

At the very least, everybody should penny in for American Gods.
I would but I think I have two hard copies of it already. And if I'm honest I really thought that the ending of the book was telegraphed long before it occurred, which is unusual for a Gaiman book. It's not a complaint I had about Anansi Boys, The Graveyard Book, or Neverwhere.

And actually none of the other books look all that worthwhile. I'm starting to feel like I do with game bundles with these ebook bundles. I skipped the one last week because it looked like shovelbooks (is that a word?), with the possible exception of the RoboCop stuff, which I probably have in comic book boxes at my parents' house.

I can't imagine why anybody would want to start reading those James Rollins or Kim Harrison series in the middle.

Seeems I gilby'd the comic book bundle. Although I hardly read comics anymore, it would've been nice to add it to the ol' backlog of "things I might potentially read/watch/play one day but most likely never will".

Right.

While in the end I saw it as not having a bundle, there's a bit of disappointment when you see all these games then realize it's for a device you don't have. I kind of like them separating it out like this.

Seeems I gilby'd the comic book bundle. Although I hardly read comics anymore, it would've been nice to add it to the ol' backlog of "things I might potentially read/watch/play one day but most likely never will".
"that I paid 1 cent for"

I would but I think I have two hard copies of it already. And if I'm honest I really thought that the ending of the book was telegraphed long before it occurred, which is unusual for a Gaiman book. It's not a complaint I had about Anansi Boys, The Graveyard Book, or Neverwhere.

And actually none of the other books look all that worthwhile. I'm starting to feel like I do with game bundles with these ebook bundles. I skipped the one last week because it looked like shovelbooks (is that a word?), with the possible exception of the RoboCop stuff, which I probably have in comic book boxes at my parents' house.

I can't imagine why anybody would want to start reading those James Rollins or Kim Harrison series in the middle.
Agreed on the shovelbooks concept. Throughout all of the Humblebook offerings, there have been about 4 individual titles that I was interested in owning. Bit on the BTA today mostly for the Coelho one, and because I sorta felt obligated when actually hitting a sub-$6 price. Pretty sure I'm never going to glance at those other random titles. Nerds in Vegas? No thanks.

Guess we could just blame the "curator," maybe start referring to them as the pewdiepie of publishing.

the Sega Mobile Bundle worth it at $3.69?
If you don't have any of the games it is. I have about half of them from Amazon either free app of the day or bought with credit/coins. That's the main thing that keeps me from buying these mobile bundles. That and having to install another app for games in additional to Play and Amazon App Store.

Crazy Taxi was free on Google Play. ChuChu Rocket and Virtua Tennis were free on Amazon. I think some of the Sonic games were free at one point but I had bought them with free coins when they were on sale.

If you don't have any of the games it is. I have about half of them from Amazon either free app of the day or bought with credit/coins. That's the main thing that keeps me from buying these mobile bundles. That and having to install another app for games in additional to Play and Amazon App Store.
well i have none of these (on mobile that is).. hmm

You do not have to install the Humble app (unless you want update notifications). You can download the apk from your profile page.
I could see why people wouldn't want yet another app store but I like having it, having them all collected in one place and notifications on updates.

Since redeeming game keys to Google Play (though they do sort of have a process for that for magazines) or Amazon really isn't a thing, it's still preferable to me than having loose downloads like Ikoid or Groupees or Gala.

I could see why people wouldn't want yet another app store but I like having it, having them all collected in one place and notifications on updates.

Since redeeming game keys to Google Play (though they do sort of have a process for that for magazines) or Amazon really isn't a thing, it's still preferable to me than having loose downloads like Ikoid or Groupees or Gala.
Ikoid has an app don't they?

Ikoid has an app don't they?
Do they? They have had some decent bundles. And yeah, my preference is to have an app versus a web link. I just have a hard time remembering where I get stuff outside of those two. The other day I spent a while trying to find Rebuild because I knew I owned it since I had played it before. After spending too long looking and giving up... I remembered it was in some random groupees so I have to get the apk from there.

Do they? They have had some decent bundles. And yeah, my preference is to have an app versus a web link. I just have a hard time remembering where I get stuff outside of those two. The other day I spent a while trying to find Rebuild because I knew I owned it since I had played it before. After spending too long looking and giving up... I remembered it was in some random groupees so I have to get the apk from there.
Yes they have an app

Oh they do? I'll been passing on all their bundles mostly due to lack of an app. I asked them some time ago on Reddit and at that time they didn't have one.

Thanks for posting this, I've never heard of it before. Do you know which books are worth reading? It also says there's six magazines but are they like traditional game magazines or is it new games journalism crap?
Storybundle is a site that has mostly all book bundles, although they've been tinkering with the formula by adding some music to the last few. The bundles are typically structured with 3-4 items at the bottom tier of $3 and 4-6 bonus ("BTA") items at the $10-15 second tier. A lot of the stuff is pretty obscure but they're all themed (horror, fantasy, S-F, romance, et cetera) although there is a bit of genre-bleed in some cases. Unlike Humble book bundles, you're not likely to run across many authors you know, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's no good.

Regarding this particular one, I can give you one of MNS's patented uninformed opinionsTM (the caveat being that I haven't read any of them):

Piranha Frenzy - looks like a good satirical novel by a gaming-journalism insider about the dubious ethical practices of gaming journalists (oddly appropriate given some of the recent chatter in the Steam thread)

In Play - another book that looks at gaming and its sociological implications from a gamer's perspective; looks like it could go either way

Delay - a book about why Facebook games are structured the way they are; this one could be interesting but it doesn't seem like a topic you could write an entire book about so it could be as dull as. . .

Gamers At Work - a book about business strategies and practices of game companies; might be required reading in one of those "make a career out of gaming" trade schools, but it doesn't look like something I'd read on purpose

Boss Fight Books : Chrono Trigger - YMMV, but I never had much interest in JRPGs, so . . . .

The Anatomy of Super Mario - detailed analysis of the first Super Mario Brothers game in its cultural context, which is probably another YMMV situation

Boss Fight Books: ZZT - eh, could be decent but I've never heard of this game, so . . . .

The music albums look like there might be a couple of decent orchestral tracks but most of it's probably some combination of chiptune, electronica or techno music, and I try to avoid those things at all costs.

The "magazines" in most of these and the Vodo bundles are the electronic equivalent of "zines" if you're old enough to remember what those are. They're basically fan-made art, stories, and analysis of a particular topic. Whether that interests you is definitely a YMMV situation.

TL;DR, I'd probably buy in at the $3 tier on this one for In Play, Delay, and Piranha Frenzy.

New Humble Weekly Bundle - Extra Credits:

• Enemy Mind
  • One Finger Death Punch
  • Two Brothers
Beat the Average for:

• Master Reboot
  • Stick it to The Man!
Pay $15 or more for:

• Ether One Deluxe Edition
  • Hand of Fate (Early Access)
New Humble Store Daily Deal:

Towerfall Ascension - $14.99 $9.99

Other Humble Store sales:

Shadowgate - $19.99 $17.99
Shadowgate Special Edition - $29.99 $26.99
AI War Collection (2014) - $16.99 $6.79

I guess I might pay 50 cents a piece for enemy mind and two brothers.

But the BTA tier isn't that great since I already have Master Reboot and Stick it to the Man can be had for cheaper on sale.
And I have it on PS Plus

I just wish the top tier wasn't so pricy, both those games look good.

Yup, Stick it to the Man was 85% off on Bundlestars. Probably just should've bought it then. Only other game I don't have is Enemy Mind which looks...ok-ish?

I'm listening to a bit of the Two Brothers soundtrack right now.  I think I'll have to toss a small amount at this bundle just for it and the Enemy Mind soundtrack.  The comic, too, I guess, though I already have that from Groupees.

I'm honestly considering doing the $15 Tier for the first time ever.

Tell me I'm crazy.  Tell me those games will be included in a BundleStars / IndieRoyale bundle a month from now for $5.00 and stop me from pulling the trigger!

I'm honestly considering doing the $15 Tier for the first time ever.

Tell me I'm crazy. Tell me those games will be included in a BundleStars / IndieRoyale bundle a month from now for $5.00 and stop me from pulling the trigger!
I also did that tier. Both of those games were high on my wish list. I am relatively new to gaming bundles outside of the humble bundle ones. If it shows up on bundlestars/indieroyale/etc for cheaper, it will be a lesson learned for me.

bread's done
Back