Humble Bundle Thread

Already have 3 of the games. ITSP from an Amazon microsoft bundle, Tower of Guns from IGS, and Risk of Rain from...buying it like a dumbass.

With that $12 Shadowrun I get the feeling they're trying to duplicate the success of the $10 Prison Architect from the last one but they've failed. I guess I can now comfortably buy the game in the next sale for its usual 75% off price.

As for that $65 tier - seriously, a cassette? At least last time it was a vinyl record, which are somewhat costly produce and have some aesthetic appeal. Cassettes are cheap (in a bad way), inconvenient, and they sound like crap. Even hipsters are only getting back into cassettes because they know they're too shitty for the mainstream to bother with so they can be safe in their ironic appreciation. Okay I'm done.

Already have 3 of the games. ITSP from an Amazon microsoft bundle, Tower of Guns from IGS, and Risk of Rain from...buying it like a dumbass.

With that $12 Shadowrun I get the feeling they're trying to duplicate the success of the $10 Prison Architect from the last one but they've failed. I guess I can now comfortably buy the game in the next sale for its usual 75% off price.

As for that $65 tier - seriously, a cassette? At least last time it was a vinyl record, which are somewhat costly produce and have some aesthetic appeal. Cassettes are cheap (in a bad way), inconvenient, and they sound like crap. Even hipsters are only getting back into cassettes because they know they're too shitty for the mainstream to bother with so they can be safe in their ironic appreciation. Okay I'm done.
Well, if the BTA had stayed around $7, I could almost see getting SR, but no, not really.

I agree about the vinyl too. At least records can last a while if you take care of them. Audio cassettes are almost invariably going to warp or break over time.

It seems you explained exactly why they went with a cassette.

Well I'm happy to get OlliOlli for a buck (meh on Tower of Guns).

BTA is a bit iffy since Risk of Rain is a 4-pack that I can likely spoder.  Jazzpunk looks interesting, but I have no interested in Amnesiac Piggy Machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm happy to get OlliOlli for a buck (meh on Tower of Guns).

BTA is a bit iffy since Risk of Rain is a 4-pack that I can likely spoder. Jazzpunk looks interesting, but I have no interested in Amnesia Piggy Machine.
My thoughts, too, except Tower of Guns >>> crappy skateboard rat platformer. Tower of Guns is what Paranautical Activity should have been... plus with a less obnoxious developer.

I spent the last of my gmg pierat dubloons on shadowrun this weekend or last weekend, whenever it was on sale. The whole time I was thinking it was about time for it to be bundled. Glad it was a $12 tier and not something to make me regret it.

OHHHH MOMMA!!!!

What a great bundle. I only own Shadowrun Returns, which I picked up with PlayFire rewards the other day.

I can't believe OlliOlli went from a best price of $10ish to the $1 tier.

I don't really think I'm interested in anything at the $1 tier, so I free'd in at $5.87 and I'll see what next week brings. 

BTW, you can save your penny and "penny in" for free, because of the free Teleglitch.
Though the mechanism for that is a bit different than pennying in. If you penny in, you get a locked-in BTA of whatever it was when you loaded or reloaded the tab. If you grab the free game, you get a locked in BTA of whatever it is at the time you hit submit for the free game. Often those will be about the same, but with a swiftly rising BTA there might be a big difference.

Though the mechanism for that is a bit different than pennying in. If you penny in, you get a locked-in BTA of whatever it was when you loaded or reloaded the tab. If you grab the free game, you get a locked in BTA of whatever it is at the time you hit submit for the free game. Often those will be about the same, but with a swiftly rising BTA there might be a big difference.
Now that makes sense. I thought I Teleglitched in earlier at $5.81, but then it ended up being $5.85.

Dollar tier is a bit poop as i already have insanely twisted and tower of guns, and am not very interested in OlliOlli...really wanted the three in the upper tier though, so it's an easy buy. The Shadowrun tier wouldn't be too bad if it included the expansion, but w/just base game good lord is that a rip off. I've been waiting or that to be in a bundle...but not like this.

Yeah, I'm definitely not a fan of the direction they're taking with the base tiers lately. The games in this one are especially suspect. I mean, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet seems like a decent game, but it's old as hell and was also in a Bundlestars, of all things. Tower of Guns was already in a Humble Weekly (albeit the $10 tier) and IGS as mentioned. And then OlliOlli is the sort of game I would expect in one of these bundles, but as a solid bonus unlock or as backup to some big-name headliners.

Oh and there's the fact that they went from 4 games in the $1 tier down to 3. Not cool, guys.

Saw this somewhere else, but apparently you can use one of the "gift" copies of Risk of Rain for your own account and keep the main one for later?

Saw this somewhere else, but apparently you can use one of the "gift" copies of Risk of Rain for your own account and keep the main one for later?
... uh, what?

Yes, you can redeem one of the gifts in your account, but what's the point? If you give away your copy of the game, it'll just generate another gift link. There's no reason to do this.

... uh, what?

Yes, you can redeem one of the gifts in your account, but what's the point? If you give away your copy of the game, it'll just generate another gift link. There's no reason to do this.
The three gifts expire in late November, whereas the main one will stay in your account until it is redeemed/gifted. If you don't have concrete plans for each copy, it makes sense to use a gift link for yourself.

I've wanted A Machine for Pigs and Jazzpunk for sometime now,  just wanted to wait have for a good price drop on them, the time has come. Almost bought OlliOlli on PS4, glad I passed on it. Great bundle overall.

Yeah, I'm definitely not a fan of the direction they're taking with the base tiers lately. The games in this one are especially suspect. I mean, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet seems like a decent game, but it's old as hell and was also in a Bundlestars, of all things. Tower of Guns was already in a Humble Weekly (albeit the $10 tier) and IGS as mentioned. And then OlliOlli is the sort of game I would expect in one of these bundles, but as a solid bonus unlock or as backup to some big-name headliners.

Oh and there's the fact that they went from 4 games in the $1 tier down to 3. Not cool, guys.
There are still four games in the $1 tier. It's just that one of them is available even if you pay nothing and the steam link will expire next month. I don't think it's a bad thing if, going forward, they have one game for free and three in the $1 tier in their bundles.

There are still four games in the $1 tier. It's just that one of them is available even if you pay nothing and the steam link will expire next month. I don't think it's a bad thing if, going forward, they have one game for free and three in the $1 tier in their bundles.
Something about the way the CAGtilian brain is wired doesn't perceive free the same.

Yeah, I was surprised to find Teleglitch in my purchase page. Ah well, one more game to give away in the future.

Well, HIB 12 only had 3 games too. But I agree that it wouldn't be so bad if they continued doing this.

I actually am more concerned about the quality of games and the high number of repeats though. Teleglitch has been in at least four bundles now, so even if you count it it's sort of a mediocre inclusion.

The next numbered bundle would show up on the one Tuesday I'm traveling all day. Ah, well, at least it only looks like I was stuck with ~50¢ tax.

Well, HIB 12 only had 3 games too. But I agree that it wouldn't be so bad if they continued doing this.

I actually am more concerned about the quality of games and the high number of repeats though. Teleglitch has been in at least four bundles now, so even if you count it it's sort of a mediocre inclusion.
It hasn't been in a decently-priced tier, though, which is why it was nice and new for me.

Yep, that's what happened to me. Cost me about a nickel, at least in theory. This was the first time I've free'd in--now I know the trick!

Yep, that's what happened to me. Cost me about a nickel, at least in theory. This was the first time I've free'd in--now I know the trick!
I saw the difference with the Mo-boo!-ile bundle last week. I grabbed the freebie and later bought the bundle from two tabs with the same average and noticed that they had different amounts needed for the BTA content. (That bundle currently has two free games and will add another this week. I wonder if we'll see multiple free games with a main bundle.)

bread's done
Back