Humble Bundle Thread

DiRT Showdown for $3.74 seems pretty decent. It's one of the few Codemasters racing games I don't own and it has positive user reviews. Any reason why I should really hate it?

DiRT Showdown for $3.74 seems pretty decent. It's one of the few Codemasters racing games I don't own and it has positive user reviews. Any reason why I should really hate it?
It's great fun. You'll probably hate that you should have picked it up in the $6 tiers of the Humble bundles it's been in though.

It's really good, though more focused on stunts/non-racing events than say, Dirt 3 (which is still confirmed to be coming to Steam! -> http://www.pcgamer.com/dirt-3-gfw-live-removal-in-progress/).

Also, unlike Dirt 3, it's Steamworks already, so no GFWL.

New Humble Mobile Bundle 10 BTA Unlocks:

• Sorcery!
  • The Tiny Bang Story
  • iPollute
New Humble Store - On Sale This Week:

• Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing Transformed - $19.99 $4.99
  • The Cave - $14.99 $3.74
  • Tristoy - $19.99 $14.99
  • TRI - $14.95 $7.47
  • The Marvelous Miss Take - $19.99 $9.99
  • Medieval II: Total War - $19.99 $4.99
  • Napolean: Total War - $14.99 $3.74
  • Kromaia - $19.99 $9.99
  • Clickr - $4.99 $0.99
  • Football Manager 2015 - $49.99 $33.32
  • Skilltree Saga - $9.99 $3.99
  • Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight (Early Access) - $9.99 $4.99
  • Jibs Aracde - $4.99 $0.99
  • Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - $2.99 $0.74
  • Gravity Badgers - $4.99 $1.24
  • UFHO2 - $9.99 $4.99
  • Master Reboot - $14.99 $7.49
  • Hearthlands (Early Access) - $24.99 $14.99
  • NOWHERE (Early Access Game) - $34.99 $22.99
  • Cosmonautica (Early Access) - $14.99 $9.99
  • PARTICLE MACE - $8.99 $6.74
  • Void Destroyer - $14.99 $11.24
  • Adventurezator: When Pigs Fly - $19.99 $14.99
  • Armello - Early Access - $24.99 $19.99
  • HassleHeart - I

The $1-tier unlock isn't too terrible, and the other BTA unlocks are meh but something about "exclusive avatar heads" for a F2P game being a BTA bonus really pisses me off. Worst BTA bonus I can think of.

Overall I'm still okay with this bundle though, but mostly because I'm biased.

I really like Card Hunter and even though I've never felt any strong need to pay money for anything in the game, I have always kinda wanted to support them. The top tier of this bundle is less than half the cost of the basic edition which you get with the bundle. I already bought the first tier, but am still tempted to get the next 2 tiers for Magic and Card Hunter.

I'm a big fan of Scrolls, and I hope people really give it a shot with this Bundle.  It's a cool hybrid of a collectible card game mixed with a more traditional turn-based strategy game.  The progression system is great, and you easily get enough currency from playing the game that I've never felt the need to buy any outside of it.  The base tier unlocks the full version of the game (which normally costs $5) on both PC and Android, and you can try out the free version if you're still undecided.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs-U7FTUa9g[/youtube]

In general, most of the games in the bundle have a very fair free-to-play model.  These aren't systems where you have a certain amount of "energy" or turns per day; in fact, I haven't run into any yet that prevent you from playing as much as you want.  Most just allow you to buy in-game content if you don't feel like earning it in-game.  I know the model gets a bad rap, especially on the mobile side of gaming, but there are a lot of companies who are doing it right.

Yeah, so, as I suspected, I'll just need to figure out whether Magic 2015 is worth $6.
The additions don't move the needle at all for me, this is still about a decent $1 tier with two upper tiers interesting only because of Dominion. (The other games in those tiers look interesting and are nice bonuses, but none of them alone or together are enough for me to go beyond $1.)

Let me do a quick pitch for Dominion. Yes it is F2P on the web site. It is not, however, Buy to Win. Mostly because it is not a CCG. (Or LCG.)

Every game of Dominion will have 16 or so cards in it, with a varying number of each. 10 of those are somehow selected from a larger pool. The base game has 25 different ones to choose from. Expansions add more to choose from. Every game begins with every player having the exact same deck of cards and the game consists of playing a hand of those cards every turn, generally acquiring more cards from those available for the game.

Buying the upper tiers of this bundle will not make your starting hand stronger. It will not give you bonuses that give you an advantage when playing the game. All those upper tiers will do is increase the number of card types that are available to be in your games. Why is that worth it? Well, the base game 25 cards are good. You can get some variety in how an individual game develops. Each expansion adds more potential variety. That's been enough for me to buy physical copies of the base game and six expansions, and I plan to buy the last two soon.

I'm a big fan of Scrolls, and I hope people really give it a shot with this Bundle. It's a cool hybrid of a collectible card game mixed with a more traditional turn-based strategy game. The progression system is great, and you easily get enough currency from playing the game that I've never felt the need to buy any outside of it. The base tier unlocks the full version of the game (which normally costs $5) on both PC and Android, and you can try out the free version if you're still undecided.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs-U7FTUa9g[/youtube]

In general, most of the games in the bundle have a very fair free-to-play model. These aren't systems where you have a certain amount of "energy" or turns per day; in fact, I haven't run into any yet that prevent you from playing as much as you want. Most just allow you to buy in-game content if you don't feel like earning it in-game. I know the model gets a bad rap, especially on the mobile side of gaming, but there are a lot of companies who are doing it right.
While it's true that we're often dismissive of F2P to the point of irrationality, I think it's worth noting that a lot of us are upset not (entirely) because the games are F2P, but because Humble wants to sell them to us despite the fact that they're F2P. Sure, starter kits, and bonus decks, and whatever, but it feels like a cheap cop out when (nearly) the entire bundle is F2P games.

I love Dominion and own all the physical expansions except for Cornocupia. I'm not really sure I want to buy into the top tier yet....just unsure though Dominion is fun as heck. I play Androminion all the time. Is the online edition really well done? It was hard to tell from the videos I saw.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Dominion and own all the physical expansions except for Cornocupia. I'm not really sure I want to buy into the top tier yet....just unsure though Dominion is fun as heck. I play Androminion all the time. Is the online edition really well done? It was hard to tell from the videos I saw.
I really don't know--all my Dominion play has been with the physical game. I know it wasn't well received at first, though some of that was various free unofficial versions like Androminion being squelched when the online version launched. I mean to try it to help decide if I'm going to shell out for a higher tier.

That looks like something Foxhack would be into, not something I want as my avatar.
Well, if that ain't just a big
photo-thumb-496057.jpg
, then I don't know what is! :booty:

An all card game bundle is an interesting idea that they probably should have sat on for a couple of years. I checked Steam after the bundle launched to see if there were any good card games on Steam that might show up as bonuses, and the only decent looking games I saw were older Magic games.

An all card game bundle is an interesting idea that they probably should have sat on for a couple of years. I checked Steam after the bundle launched to see if there were any good card games on Steam that might show up as bonuses, and the only decent looking games I saw were older Magic games.
I hear pretty good things about this one... Though I don''t own it yet.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/262450

Honestly, I'm not even sure what to think of this Humble.. Cool concept, I don't have that version of the year magic game but I'm getting a bit tired of the Madden yearly release of it. At this point not a whole lot of need to do so in my opinion. Just release DLC at reasonable costs.

Also, I only play one game... don't really see any of these game stopping me from doing so so I should likely not get the bundle.. but with a week left will see if I keep to my guns.

I hear pretty good things about this one... Though I don''t own it yet.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/262450

Honestly, I'm not even sure what to think of this Humble.. Cool concept, I don't have that version of the year magic game but I'm getting a bit tired of the Madden yearly release of it. At this point not a whole lot of need to do so in my opinion. Just release DLC at reasonable costs.

Also, I only play one game... don't really see any of these game stopping me from doing so so I should likely not get the bundle.. but with a week left will see if I keep to my guns.
Its pretty fun. Grabbed it for free or super cheap for the ipad a while back and liked it so much on there grabbed it on steam as well

So since this bundle came out I've been trying star realms free version to see if i wanted to buy it. So far, i don't know. Can someone explain it to me? I've beat the campaign and am just doing AI matches verses easy. But i lose almost half of the games. Some aren't even close. It makes it feel like this game really doesn't have strategy and is 100% luck. Can anybody tell ne how it isn't?

Although it is fun when you make that super combo deck full of ships that draw other ships that draw other ships and make the opponent discard his hand too. I decided to see just how powerful i could get. Apparently it is actually possible to run out of cards in the digital version. i only got up to around 130 attack

New Humble Archie Comics Bundle BTA Unlocks:

• Jughead #200
  • Archie #1
  • Archie: A Rock 'n' Roll Romance
  • Archie 1000 Page Mega Comics Digest
  • Archie 1000 Page Comics Celebration
  • Archie: Rockin’ The World
  • Archie: Will You Marry Me?
  • Best of Josie and the Pussycats: Greatest Hits Digital Exclusive
  • Sabrina the Teenage Witch: 50 Magical Stories Digital Exclusive
  • Archie & Friends: Heartbreakers Digital Exclusive

I would have bought the Archie bundle (and maybe even paid the $15 for the highest tier) if they'd included this..

ArchiePunisher.jpg

I am trying NOT to buy the comic book bundles... I held out through the last one... How strong is my will power?
I've been tossing a small amount (more than a penny) at them for the base tier. I may or may not get around to reading them, but having them available in my Humble library is nice.

ooh belittling

Comic books are for children! For that matter so are video games! What are you a baby? You know what else is for babies? Fingers! if you were a real man you wouldn't need fingers! You'd bite 'em off and type wir,b , yt;lpu vbloddgjhty nusdxzbd

ooh belittling

Comic books are for children! For that matter so are video games! What are you a baby? You know what else is for babies? Fingers! if you were a real man you wouldn't need fingers! You'd bite 'em off and type wir,b , yt;lpu vbloddgjhty nusdxzbd
another account hacked by tebow

this time mid post

impressive

bread's done
Back