Humble Bundle Thread

Probably should delete the steam thread then, since steam added this emoticon. ;)
360fx360f.png

The Bard's Tale I haven't played but most say is a comparable and humorous ARPG, so if you like stuff like Torchlight you'd probably like it.
Bard's Tale is a humorous story but a mediocre game. You level your character and gain skills but you never feel really powerful and most boss fights tend to involve circle-strafing, which is a game mechanic I rank somewhere just above leaping from one ill-placed platform to another in terms of fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bard's Tale is a humorous story but a mediocre game. You level your character and gain skills but you never feel really powerful and most boss fights tend to involve circle-strafing, which is a game mechanic I rank somewhere just above leaping from one ill-placed platform to another in terms of fun.
<pic of warren's mutilated corpse on the sidewalk redacted>

I'm disappointed already!

...not sure just how much of that is the steam sale talking though...

Edit: I wonder if the timing is to take advantage of post-new year's katzenjammers...  okay okay I'll buy it, just make these loud thoughts go away.

I'm disappointed already!

...not sure just how much of that is the steam sale talking though...

Edit: I wonder if the timing is to take advantage of post-new year's katzenjammers... okay okay I'll buy it, just make these loud thoughts go away.
Deep down you know that only the indie titles you decided to actually buy in the Steam Sale, are the ones that are going to appear in HBX.

Deep down you know that only the indie titles you decided to actually buy in the Steam Sale, are the ones that are going to appear in HBX.
$3.75 Dust - Finished (100%'ed)

$3.75 Guacamelee - halfway

$3.75 Spelunky - not started

$0.99 Giana Owlverlord - not started (but I enjoyed the heck out of Giana TD)

These are the only indie games I've bought (outside of bundles) since Summer. My only possible regret there is Spelunky, as I have not played it yet. I'm in far better shape on that front than most CAGs. Being able to play these games over my Xmas-New Years break is of significant value to me.

No my disappointment isn't over that.. it's that HIB isn't bundling games that really look interesting to me, lately.

$3.75 Dust - Finished (100%'ed)

$3.75 Guacamelee - halfway

$3.75 Spelunky - not started

$0.99 Giana Owlverlord - not started (but I enjoyed the heck out of Giana TD)

These are the only indie games I've bought (outside of bundles) since Summer. My only possible regret there is Spelunky, as I have not played it yet. I'm in far better shape on that front than most CAGs. Being able to play these games over my Xmas-New Years break is of significant value to me.

No my disappointment isn't over that.. it's that HIB isn't bundling games that really look interesting to me, lately.
What if Assetto Corsa ends up in the $1 tier? :)

I do agree that humble has been off their game lately. The numbered HB's are usually money when they come out though (even though iSerra's punking us here).

What if Assetto Corsa ends up in the $1 tier? :)

I do agree that humble has been off their game lately. The numbered HB's are usually money when they come out though (even though iSerra's punking us here).
Since you're so chipper about it, I'll let you BTA in the first 20 bundles sold.

And there was the sound of a million F5 keys being hit in frenzy and ancticipation, and were suddenly silenced...

I think we should now all hit Moober instead.

Since Louiedog didn't post it, a new bundle could be on the horizon:

https://twitter.com/humble/status/418112771234881536

You must all believe! Clap your hands or Tinkerbell dies!
You must be a zombie...

9781771481410_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

In a perfect world where everyone destroys everything and eats human flesh, one zombie has had enough: Buck Burger! When he rebels at the natural disorder, his marriage starts deteriorating and a doctor prescribes him an anti-depressant. When Buck meets a beautiful, green-haired pharmacist fairy named FAIRY_26, he quickly becomes a pawn in a Cold War between zombies and supernatural creatures. As Fairy_26 flies him between her tree-branch apartment in Fairyland and an aircraft-carrier pirate ship in a zombie-infested dystopia, Buck Burger struggles to make sense of it all and remain faithful to his overbearing wife. Does sixteen-year-old spiritual leader and pirate Guy Boy Man make an appearance? Are there mind-controlling albinos? Is there hot zombie-on-fairy action?

bread's done
Back