Humble Bundle Thread

You guys sure are fond of no-effort "jokes".
fg-peter-exaggerated-laugh-o.gif

I'm tempted to make a games prediction but too lazy to sift through recent indies and see which actually have multi-OS support.  Well… okay… I could search Steam for Steamplay indie games but… I'm too lazy for that, too.

[quote name="Mooby" post="11415564" timestamp="1388822274"]I'm tempted to make a games prediction but too lazy to sift through recent indies and see which actually have multi-OS support. Well… okay… I could search Steam for Steamplay indie games but… I'm too lazy for that, too.[/quote]

Glad you found the time to post...

I've been away on vacation, but searching the thread didn't turn anything up, so: regarding the weekly sale, does anyone have any opinions on Lume and Windosill? I have all the others but am thinking about chipping in a buck for those two.

I've been away on vacation, but searching the thread didn't turn anything up, so: regarding the weekly sale, does anyone have any opinions on Lume and Windosill? I have all the others but am thinking about chipping in a buck for those two.
I only played them for about 10 minutes each and didn't enjoy any of it. Amanita Design games are the good ones in this bundle.

I liked Lume mainly because it uses a stop-motion animation style with paper craft characters and environments. It's REALLY short though, less than five minutes if you know what you're doing, which is the source of most of the poor recommendations on the forums. It's basically like a demo for their next game which is coming eventually, but for this price it's not too bad a deal if you like P&C adventures.

But, since I already have it, if you want to skip Windosill send me a PM and you can have my extra Lume copy ^_^

I liked Lume mainly because it uses a stop-motion animation style with paper craft characters and environments. It's REALLY short though, less than five minutes if you know what you're doing, which is the source of most of the poor recommendations on the forums. It's basically like a demo for their next game which is coming eventually, but for this price it's not too bad a deal if you like P&C adventures.

But, since I already have it, if you want to skip Windosill send me a PM and you can have my extra Lume copy ^_^
Wow... as much as we deride games for being short, or welcome them for not being too damn long. 5 minutes is ...something. That's more like a run-of-the-milll project from a game-programming class...

Wow... as much as we deride games for being short, or welcome them for not being too damn long. 5 minutes is ...something. That's more like a run-of-the-milll project from a game-programming class...
Well, it's more like 45 minutes if you just play through it for the first time.

Gone Home can be completed in under 2 minutes after you know the locations of everything, but it took me 2.5 hours to play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's more like 45 minutes if you just play through it for the first time.

Gone Home can be completed in under 2 minutes after you know the locations of everything, but it took me 2.5 hours to play it.
Yeah, it's not 5 minutes the first time, but if you've played P&C adventures before it shouldn't take you very long at all. I particularly remember a post on the forum that said he left the game on pause while he went to take a dump, and it still took him under an hour to beat.

I got it from some groupees bundle way back and enjoyed my time with it, but the $7 it normally costs I just have to stare and laugh. Indie pricing insanity at its finest :nottalking:

Yeah, it's not 5 minutes the first time, but if you've played P&C adventures before it shouldn't take you very long at all. I particularly remember a post on the forum that said he left the game on pause while he went to take a dump, and it still took him under an hour to beat.
This doesn't really give me any useful information unless I know a lot more about what kind of a dump is under discussion. Was it a messy, just-got-back-from-a-restaurant dump? Was it a high-fiber-diet dump? Does the guy take a book, newspaper, magazine, or e-book reader to the bathroom? Flesh out this anecdote, sir!

This doesn't really give me any useful information unless I know a lot more about what kind of a dump is under discussion. Was it a messy, just-got-back-from-a-restaurant dump? Was it a high-fiber-diet dump? Does the guy take a book, newspaper, magazine, or e-book reader to the bathroom? Flesh out this anecdote, sir!
Sorry, I hadn't given as much thought into the bowel movements of a random individual on the internet. You should go post in the thread and ask him, from the sound of it he will find it more fun than the time he spent with the game: http://steamcommunity.com/app/105100/discussions/0/846943082466873901/

You fecal tease, you! The link says right there at the top "half-hour poop." The devil is in the details, Mr. Squirrel.
You didn't ask about time, just the sort of stuff he was digesting and what he was distracting himself with while doing so.

You need to learn to phrase your questions more clearly for important matters such as this.

Okay, thanks everyone for the recommendations.  MNS has generously gifted me Lume, so I guess I'll be skipping Windosill.  Now to wait with bated breath for HIBX...

Yeah I really doubt it'll be some great deal.  Probably $20 at least.  Oh, hah, and yeah, as Poxi notes… nice little underhanded way to inflate the average from the get go.  Gotta love Humble.

Yeah I really doubt it'll be some great deal. Probably $20 at least. Oh, hah, and yeah, as Poxi notes… nice little underhanded way to inflate the average from the get go. Gotta love Humble.
And, being a HB, if it is anything decent they'll all be gone before you get a chance to determine whether you already own the games.

Coincidence? I think not.

https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/420316149772214273

It doesn't mean anything.

Site will probably crash.  1,000 really isn't that many considering how many hits it gets.  Lol… Humble Ice T Bundle? Special 1,000 bonuses = signed albums?

Yeah, you can't find it unless it one key per bundle level.

They haven't really done single keys for HiBs after few first (I assume it's pain to update, since multiple publishers)

Seriously going to wreck the 'cheap ass' value of the HIB.  Guessing the average won't settle to lower than $6-7 and zero chance you'll be able to get in before the 'power buyers' who put their $1,000 markers in almost immediately.

What's Minecraft go for on its own? It'd be fun to finally own that. The heavy-indie-hitters I'd be pumped for are Terraria, Guacamele, Euro Truck 2, Rogue Legacy, Gone Home, Don't Starve. Surely Receiver will be a late bonus. Longshot, A Machine For Pigs.

And the early announcement will standardize the average almost immediately. The window for

Terraria and Don't Starve are about due.  I'd say Legend of Dungeon is probably a luck given it's extreme discount during the Steam sale.  Possibly Monaco, too.

Nah, I think La Mulana, Spelunky, Guacamelee, Dust, Brothers, and Valdis Story are all a lock since I bought them during the winter sale.  Maybe Endless Space too.  Keeping all of them sitting in my inventory unredeemed just in case...to do what with I have no idea.

You're all welcome.

Any SteamDB leaks about the bundle?
I don't think it's possible anymore since they now use the direct link/activation system.
We might not get single keys with multiple items, but it is possible to guess.

Keep in mind that since this appears to be a numbered Humble as opposed to a non-numbered Humble (company specific or Android), then all games must have Mac, Windows and Linux versions available.

I checked out any recent SteamDB updates (from the past three days or so) and saw these games receive Mac / Linux version updates or additions:

To The Moon received Mac / Linux versions less than a day ago, and added a bunch of languages.

Duke Nukem 3D and GameDev Tycoon - received various updates in the past few days. Both already SteamPlay so it might be a coincidence.

SteamDB also has a specific list of games that receive Linux updates (public or not) at http://steamdb.info/linux/ - look at all the games that have gotten recent updates... something's quite fishy. (Edit: Click on "Last updated" to order the list by recently updated games.)

I think To The Moon will definitely be in the bundle at the very least.

Umm, when I clicked every Valve game was at the top of the list. Um, what!!! This would be a megaton. Valve has a lot of old games, supports Linux, and would be making up more than any losses but could handle that like nothing anyway.

bread's done
Back