Humble Bundle Thread

I have a strong affinity to Tolkien and I hate hate hate Lego Hobbit.

I'd rank the top 2 as Marvel and LotR. Then either Avengers or Batman 2. Worst two being Movie and Hobbit.

(I've 100% all but Hobbit, and haven't played Jurassic World yet.)

I also only play multiplayer, which has tons of bugs all the damn time.
I liked LEGO Hobbit well enough. The gameplay was fine and the story mercifully doesn't include the third movie. Nothing wrong with Lego Movie, either, assuming you like The Lego Movie. (Notice my avatar.)

So does this mean none of those games will be second week BTA bonuses, then?
I dunno, but if I had to guess I would say so. They'll probably cheap out and add oldies like Dark Forces and Dark Forces II. But those are in the collection featured on that same page... so who knows?

I was considering the Star Wars bundle until I read that the X-Wing games don't work on Windows 10. Has anyone found a solution? If not, I'll wait for a GOG sale.

You guys may want to check your HIB key pages, Humble ended up reloading some of my keys, so I ended up with doubles of Sunless Sea and Forced.

The Xwing games were all the rage years ago.    IMO A great deal.  I was going to buy them indiviually a while back glad I waited.   I still have the floppies somewhere

I was considering the Star Wars bundle until I read that the X-Wing games don't work on Windows 10. Has anyone found a solution? If not, I'll wait for a GOG sale.
A quick search of the Steam forum shows it can be made to work.

Furthermore, a quick search of the GOG forum shows the GOG version has the same issue.

But people still have this assumption that the Steam versions give you cancer and the GOG version makes you rich and beautiful for old games.

*Edit: Reading further in that thread I guess GOG fixed it or whatever so go buy it at GOG and be rich and beautiful and avoid cancer. :p

Personally, I can stand jumping through a couple of hoops if it means I can have all my games in one place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Furthermore, a quick search of the GOG forum shows the GOG version has the same issue.

But people still have this assumption that the Steam versions give you cancer and the GOG version makes you rich and beautiful for old games.

*Edit: Reading further in that thread I guess GOG fixed it or whatever so go buy it at GOG and be rich and beautiful and avoid cancer. :p

Personally, I can stand jumping through a couple of hoops if it means I can have all my games in one place.
i like how your mind works, bro

Just wait until you see my new multi-platform platform that supports all support software and launches launchers launching games. Gonna make Raptr look like Napster.

LEGO: JW is pretty good. The dinos are fun to fool around with and the hub is cool. It also contains content from all four movies so the story part is fairly long. As usual... steer clear of the worthless DLC.
Seconding this, I recently 100%d the game (on Xbone) and it was great, even if I felt like JP2 could have been longer.

But holy shit, you're not kidding about the DLC being worthless. My youngest sister bought it for herself, and even she was incredibly disappointed. I think it's the worst DLC for a LEGO licensed game so far.

Thanks for the link, I'll have to try that. I played the DOSbox version of tie fighter since the special edition doesn't work for me.

KOTOR 2 does have controller support FWIW. That one was done by Obsidian.

Bioware had this weird hangup about not wanting to do controller support on their PC games even when they had console versions. After years of people asking for it they finally did add it to their recent Dragon Age Inquisition, but even the Dragon Age and Mass Effect games before it didn't have it.

You can use programs to emulate the controller support but it's never as good as native controller support IMO.

native controller .
0da.gif

KOTOR 2 does have controller support FWIW. That one was done by Obsidian.

Bioware had this weird hangup about not wanting to do controller support on their PC games even when they had console versions. After years of people asking for it they finally did add it to their recent Dragon Age Inquisition, but even the Dragon Age and Mass Effect games before it didn't have it.

You can use programs to emulate the controller support but it's never as good as native controller support IMO.
Yeah, still getting used to using a mouse and keyboard for games since I've been a console gamer for the last 3 decades and a PC gamer for the last week. LOL! I made the mistake of buying Project Snowblind during the GameStop PC sale which lacks controller support, and I can't even get through the first stage. What a waste of a buck and change!

Yeah, still getting used to using a mouse and keyboard for games since I've been a console gamer for the last 3 decades and a PC gamer for the last week. LOL! I made the mistake of buying Project Snowblind during the GameStop PC sale which lacks controller support, and I can't even get through the first stage. What a waste of a buck and change!
You'll get used to it (probably). Some games are a more natural fit for KB+M control schemes, like RPGs and real-time and turn-based strategy games, and some just work better with controllers (probably because a lot of games are designed around that control scheme) like some kinds of action games and racing games. Personally, I HATE using a controller for an FPS, because KB+M is so much easier for aiming than slowly tweaking an analog stick to point where you want the cursor to be. Most of it boils down to personal preference, and some games will support you using both, depending on what you're doing. For example, I mostly used a mouse-and-keyboard when playing Sleeping Dogs, but I found that the races and other heavily-vehicle-dependent missions were far easier to do when using a controller. Fortunately, the game allowed me to seamlessly switch from one to the other as needed.

I made the mistake of buying Project Snowblind during the GameStop PC sale which lacks controller support, and I can't even get through the first stage. What a waste of a buck and change!
My WASD skills are atrocious so I know exactly how you feel... I keep telling myself I need to play some old school shooters and force myself to learn it again... Though, now that I think about it, even when I was young I think I used the arrow keys. So I'm likely ruined for life.

Its been so long I cannot even remember... Is KotoR's combat turned base or real time? (Wow, it really has been a long time.)

My WASD skills are atrocious so I know exactly how you feel... I keep telling myself I need to play some old school shooters and force myself to learn it again... Though, now that I think about it, even when I was young I think I used the arrow keys. So I'm likely ruined for life.

Its been so long I cannot even remember... Is KotoR's combat turned base or real time? (Wow, it really has been a long time.)
I think...both?

Humble Weekly: Zen Studios 3
sdOgrmw.png

$1

• Pinball FX2 Zen Studios F.C.
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Pinball FX2 Guardians of the Galaxy
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Pinball FX2 Star Wars Pinball Balance of the Force Pack 
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Pinball FX2 Iron & Steel Pack
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Pinball FX2 Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Pinball FX2 Venom
    k08ZaGN.png
$5

• Pinball FX2 The Walking Dead
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Pinball FX2 Civil War
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Pinball FX2 Ant-Man
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Pinball FX2 Star Wars Pinball: Star Wars Rebels
    k08ZaGN.png
[customspoiler=icons]
k08ZaGN.png
Steam key ...
8b23Ujb.png
DRM-free ...
aMeWlBI.png
soundtrack ...
7Nz1zTZ.png
cards[/customspoiler]

That $1 tier is awesome.  Super League Football, Guardians of the Galaxy, and the tables in the Iron & Steel and Balance of the Force pack are all excellent.  I'm not as fond of the $5 tier though.  Civil War is top notch, albeit extremely difficult. Ant Man is decent, but Walking Dead and Star Wars Rebels felt dull to me, although i'm not familiar with any of those settings outside of pinball.

That $1 tier is awesome. Super League Football, Guardians of the Galaxy, and the tables in the Iron & Steel and Balance of the Force pack are all excellent. I'm not as fond of the $5 tier though. Civil War is top notch, albeit extremely difficult. Ant Man is decent, but Walking Dead and Star Wars Rebels felt dull to me, although i'm not familiar with any of those settings outside of pinball.
But, but...it turns your DLC rows "green"!!!!!

2CkKrJe.png

That $1 tier is awesome. Super League Football, Guardians of the Galaxy, and the tables in the Iron & Steel and Balance of the Force pack are all excellent. I'm not as fond of the $5 tier though. Civil War is top notch, albeit extremely difficult. Ant Man is decent, but Walking Dead and Star Wars Rebels felt dull to me, although i'm not familiar with any of those settings outside of pinball.
I'm a big TWD fan, but it's cheaper for me to get the $1 tier and buy it alone especially considering I already own Civil War.

Yes! A Pinball FX2 Humble weekly!

I'm extremely glad I didn't pickup any new tables during the last few Steam sales. Definitely in for the $1 tier for five new tables. It't too bad they put Star Wars Rebels and Civil War in with the $5 tier, I would've preferred to have seen something like South Park, Balls of Glory, maybe even Star Wars: Heroes Within or The Force Awakens instead in that spot.

I guess I'll have to wait for the Humble Weekly Zen Studios 4 bundle.

If anyone cares Tremor restocked Else Heart Break, Sunless Sea and Trine 3. They raised the prices of the last two, with Trine 3 being raised by a lot, but lowed Else Heart Break to 595 coins, so if you were on the fence about that one at the higher price, it's lower now.

Yes! A Pinball FX2 Humble weekly!

I'm extremely glad I didn't pickup any new tables during the last few Steam sales. Definitely in for the $1 tier for five new tables. It't too bad they put Star Wars Rebels in with the $5 tier, I would've preferred to have seen something like South Park, Balls of Glory, maybe even Star Wars: Heroes Within or The Force Awakens instead in that spot.

I guess I'll have to wait for the Humble Weekly Zen Studios 4 bundle.
Or future Steam sales. The sales on these tables are quite predictable, in that tables that have been bundled get 75% off and those that haven't get lesser discounts.

I miss the days when I could just click a button and Humble would automatically add a game to my Steam account.  And to think we all lost our shit when it happened.  

Anyways, I already have the Balance of Force table so:

NMVC6-MMBEY-R?JG?

Missing ? is the first two letters of the terrorist organization Trump refused to disavow on CNN on Sunday.  

If anyone cares Tremor restocked Else Heart Break, Sunless Sea and Trine 3. They raised the prices of the last two, with Trine 3 being raised by a lot, but lowed Else Heart Break to 595 coins, so if you were on the fence about that one at the higher price, it's lower now.
They lowered Duet too, which started out at 995, dropped to 895, and then bottomed out at 595. No one's buying it.

Speaking of Tremor.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/TremorGamesOfficial#announcements/detail/914600150803116526
TREMOR said:
Trade In Humble Indie Bundle 16 for Tremor Coins - $1 Gift Link

We will be accepting $1 Gift Link of Humble Indie Bundle 16 in return for Tremor Coins.

You will have to buy the bundle as a gift and send it as a private message to the account "summertg" (user id 125124) at Tremor Games.

Tremor Coins you will receive:
$1 Gift Link - 950 Tremor Coins

The Tremor Coins will be credited to your account within 48 hours.

Or future Steam sales. The sales on these tables are quite predictable, in that tables that have been bundled get 75% off and those that haven't get lesser discounts.
Indeed. Sales on these tables are quite predictable. I was this close | | to buying several new tables in the last Steam sale, but then I remembered a possible HW Zen Studios bundle was just around the corner.

It's a good day to be a CAG.

I miss the days when I could just click a button and Humble would automatically add a game to my Steam account. And to think we all lost our shit when it happened.

Anyways, I already have the Balance of Force table so:

NMVC6-MMBEY-R?JG?

Missing ? is the first two letters of the terrorist organization Trump refused to disavow on CNN on Sunday.
Grabbed it, thanks.

That's actually a fair trade. I'm surprised they're offering so much. I'm guessing they want the monthly coupon from that tier, could explain why they only want tier 1
Tremor coins are worth about 1/10th of a cent given their gift card rates, but it's still fair to be charged $1 for $0.95 in Tremor if you only need a few games in a bundle (beats buying the full thing even at happy hour prices and getting stuck with the extras). Is there a limit to how many of these they're taking?

That's actually a fair trade. I'm surprised they're offering so much. I'm guessing they want the monthly coupon from that tier, could explain why they only want tier 1

Tremor coins are worth about 1/10th of a cent given their gift card rates, but it's still fair to be charged $1 for $0.95 in Tremor if you only need a few games in a bundle (beats buying the full thing even at happy hour prices and getting stuck with the extras). Is there a limit to how many of these they're taking?
I might actually be doing this too. In the post it gives an example of trading in 5 gift links so I assume they would take at least that many.

Edit:

Humble locked me out after 3 purchases. Boo. Anyone know how long the lockout lasts? May need to open up a new account.

bread's done
Back