Humble Bundle Thread

Grabbed it at $3 something. I needed a few of them and I was glad to see Mighty, Homefront (original) and Deadlight DC available.

Sold a few of the Saints Row games in the BTA tier off already and some of them are region locked. IE Saints Row 3 is not available in Germany, but Gat out of Hell is not available in like 30 countries.

Considering how its plummeting, that is a really good bundle but obviously almost everyone will own something out of it. The Telltale unlocks were nice for the most part too, although I didnt need more than a couple. Easy to sell off at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I'm surprised they went balls deep with that. Pretty much all their games bundled for $15.
It's still missing Tales of Monkey Island. Feh. Hope it goes on sale again before Disney yanks it. :|

I bought the Saints Row bundle at $3.98 (3.99), I'm pretty sure it'll go down even lower than that...

was Deadlight Directors Cut ever bundled before?  I remember having something similar humble bundled along with Mark of the Ninja many years ago

FWIW, not sure if it's a glitch but if you buy the $1 tier you still get a DRM-free copy of Saints Row The Third.

Got Deadlight DC from a split. Didn't realize till after I bought it that it was an EU key lol (activates as EU). Activated fine and the game launches, so EU keys work in the US.. forgot that Deep Silver region locks keys.

ATTENTION: You will not be able to add money to unlock additional content after your initial purchase.

^ Just calling this to people's attention in case they didn't already see it on the bundle page.

ATTENTION: You will not be able to add money to unlock additional content after your initial purchase.

^ Just calling this to people's attention in case they didn't already see it on the bundle page.
That's definitely not on the page under an old tab. I noticed I couldn't access the page for about a minute, wonder if they took the page down to add in that.

Potential bad news for anyone that dollar'd in right away to wait out the unlocks?

Hahahahaha holy shit. They're trying to stop people from dollaring in and getting cheaper BTA stuff. Smart.

Good catch. I had been considering buying the $1 and adding for bta if unlocks were decent. Good thing laziness won out and I just went bta from the start.

Literally the only reason I can think of to do this is to stop people pennying at a low BTA just in case something decent pops up next week. So (a) ewwwwww and (b) I wonder if they're actually planning on adding something decent next week.

I'm guessing it's Deep Silver's doing (just being dicks), but maybe Humble decided to add it in to try to keep that BTA from tanking lower and lower. Until the page went back up it seemed to be pretty steadily staying at under $4.

I half expected the page to be restored and to see the BTA had shot back up or reset back to $6.

I'm guessing the unlocks will be something like Risen 2, Sacred 3, maybe Ryse. So as someone who only dollar'd in, I don't see anything interesting enough to make me wish I BTA'd in the first place. Unless they add one of the Metro Redux titles, which they won't.

That's definitely not on the page under an old tab. I noticed I couldn't access the page for about a minute, wonder if they took the page down to add in that.

Potential bad news for anyone that dollar'd in right away to wait out the unlocks?
Nope. Bad news for them. I already submitted a refund request, and I suggest everyone else do so as well. Maybe I'll buy the dollar tier next week when I'm sure I don't want the BTA tier.

They've done it at least once before - don't remember when. Hopefully this isn't a trend.
Yes, they've done it quite a few times before. At this point, I assume this is the case until I know otherwise.

I'm missing Deadlight (don't really want), Mighty No. 9 (nor this), and the Gat DLC. Unlike the Telltale bundle, there's just no way I can justify spending what would be at least $10 on Homefront: The Revolution. In no time at all, I'm sure it will be bundled cheaper/cheaper by itself. I doubt I could sell off enough extras from this bundle to justify a Tier 3 purchase. If I could sell most of the bundle for $10, maybe, but I don't think anyone's that much of a moran.

I'm guessing the unlocks will be something like Risen 2, Sacred 3, maybe Ryse. So as someone who only dollar'd in, I don't see anything interesting enough to make me wish I BTA'd in the first place. Unless they add one of the Metro Redux titles, which they won't.
The point is a refund request costs Humble money. Lots of people asking for refunds costs Humble lots of money. Maybe they'll think twice about being so shady in the future.

The point is a refund request costs Humble money. Lots of people asking for refunds costs Humble lots of money. Maybe they'll think twice about being so shady in the future.
Oh I don't disagree that this is shady. It absolutely is. Whether this is Humble who decided this or Deep Silver, I don't know. FWIW I believe the last time something like this happened was the THQ Nordic bundle from a few months back, so it may be a publisher decision and Humble either forgot to apply the restriction or Deep Silver added it when they saw the BTA plummet so fast.

All I'm saying is that given Deep Silver's catalog, there isn't much they can add next week that will make me regret not BTAing right away.

Hahahahaha holy shit. They're trying to stop people from dollaring in and getting cheaper BTA stuff. Smart.
the reason BTA drops badly b/c the higher tiers are repeat or just incomplete sh1t from Deep Silver. But instead of remedy their poor selection of games, they decided to go "draconian" and remove the BTA option.

Well, judging from that, I can already tell that they have NO confidence in the Week 2 unlock ---> it will be pure sh!t, ppl

If anyone got an extra Capcom $1 tier bundle let me know. Meant to pick one up last night after work but ended up going out to the bar and totally forgot to

Meh, $1-tier is pretty good, but only missing Mighty No. 9 from the BTA. The only realistic unlocks I can think of that would be good is Risen 2 Complete and Homefront DLC. Metro Redux/Dead Island Definitive would be great but there's no way in hell they'd let that happen. I expect the unlocks to be Sacred 2/3/Citadel and Risen 1/2 (with no DLC). I guess a Secret Files game would be a nice surprise.

Damn. Now I have to figure out whether any of my friends don't actually have any of the shit I wouldn't want if I were to buy the BTA instead of ignoring it entirely.
I'll take Mighty No 9 if you need somebody to buy that.

Would consider if the BTA included Homefront Revolution.  Will wait to see what the unlocks are, though.  $1 tier is good if you don't own most of that.  SR2 alone is easily worth $1.

arggg.. looks like I wasted a penny trying to save a $3.96 bta.

Saints Row is on sale constantly so most everyone probably has these already but .....

Please only take them if you don't have them already and you plan to play them!

Saints Row 2
2Q4XV-NVW39-HC6V9

Saints Row The Third
0T6B2-LNLYG-KKG92

Also a freebie from last week....
Shadow Warrior: Special Edition    
P49VJ-VGJLI-7N395   

Saints Row is on sale constantly so most everyone probably has these already but .....

Please only take them if you don't have them already and you plan to play them!

Saints Row 2
2Q4XV-NVW39-HC6V9

Saints Row The Third
0T6B2-LNLYG-KKG92

Also a freebie from last week....
Shadow Warrior: Special Edition
P49VJ-VGJLI-7N395 <--- must redeem by 10AM Pacific on Saturday, August 5th, 2017!
Took the SR codes. I must be one of the 4 people left on the planet who's never played any of ' em! Much obliged, friend.

Oh I don't disagree that this is shady. It absolutely is. Whether this is Humble who decided this or Deep Silver, I don't know. FWIW I believe the last time something like this happened was the THQ Nordic bundle from a few months back, so it may be a publisher decision and Humble either forgot to apply the restriction or Deep Silver added it when they saw the BTA plummet so fast.
I don't feel that having a bundle that doesn't allow adding funds is in itself a problem. I don't like it, but it's not something that's wrong. Changing terms post-purchase is what I have a major problem with.

75 to preorder agents of mayhem. Lol the hell no. After SR4, and watching that demo where they were so proud of their oh so original angry drunk girl character. Get bent Volition.

MN9 is good though. Better than most think.

75 to preorder agents of mayhem. Lol the hell no.
msrp.png

3L9VK-R6VEH-I68NG
e73d51c16b07d083026843ceda9c22056b9d04a2.gif

Devils Playground

3AZE6-L06W2-5R2N5

Saints Row 2

22B70-GYA26-ELAYC

Saints Row 3rd

Upper tiers for this weeks bundle are too high (at least for CAG).  $15 would be better if most did not already SR3, SR4 and Gat complete and why not just have freedom fighter edition of Homefront?  $75 for Agents of Mayhem is laughable, but "it's for charity" right?

Dollar and BTA tiers are solid though, especially if you wanted Mighty#9.  Next week's unlocks?

Telltale bundle blew away Deep Silver with an awesome BTA tier.  Yes, Tales of Monkey Island would have been epic, but still great showing.

bread's done
Back