Humble Bundle Thread

I think he needs the individual speaker outs for surround sound.

Inmate, how is the headphone amp on the Omni? And how much did you pay? And how is the mic on it?

Considering it since Office Depot sells it and I have some rewards there, but I don't need the speaker outs personally so I wonder if I would be better off investing in a dedicated headphone dac/amp.
I have this in a couple of post somewhere... at work, and on my phone, so no time to do a real post right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
have u looked into this (Creative Sound BlasterX G1 7.1 Portable HD Gaming USB)?

From Creative, offer 7.1 and cheaper than the Omni..
I saw it. Not overly impressed with it to be honest. 7.1 isn't a must for me, it has no physical mute/volume control like the Omni has, it doesn't add any length to my headset's cable and that extra slack is really appreciated (I know a extension could be used by thats just one more connection to degrade and/or troubleshoot in the future. Also doesn't have a spot for the mic to plug, which the Omni does have (though its not working right now.)

Inmate, how is the headphone amp on the Omni? And how much did you pay? And how is the mic on it?
I paid 79.99 for it via Amazon. I used the "third party" seller Creative Labs Inc and bought it directly from them so I could avoid taxes that I have to pay via amazon. Its an Amazon Fulfillment so Amazon customer service, yada, yada, yada.

Amp seems to be really impressive. I would say thats the best part of the Omni but that would come across as a bit backhanded when i don't mean it to be. I could hear a difference, or was convinced I could, so I had my wife listen to the headset without the amp and with the amp. She listened to a few songs. One Celtic band she likes (via CD), Fuzzy's Judas (Youtube) Shinedown's acoustic version of Simple Man via Amazon Music (not sure of the bit rate, etc), Imagine Dragons cover of Mad World via youtube (sorry foxhack no flac audio) and she thought it sounded fuller, better, etc with each song... (She's not much for headphones or I would likely need to hide my new cans.)

The Amp is 600 ohms which seemed to be the best I could find when I was looking... Granted, so many of the companies I didn't know so they got ruled out. I also ruled out Turtle Beach as there sound cards was shit back in the day and the various headsets I've had from them have been of average quality and not worth full price.

Mic, well, when you all could hear me it was a desktop mic on the Omni that was broadcasting me... Which wasn't what I planned. I for the life of me still haven't figured out why the the headset's mic won't work via the Omni in-line mic while it works without a hitch via the back of my PC and via the front... I'm about to contact Creative on that when I get done with this.

August Monthly

NBA 2K17

Pillars of Eternity

Offworld Trading Company

Overcooked

Nongunz

War For the Overworld

Wuppo

One Piece Burning Blood

September Unlock: Killing Floor 2 

I have none of the games bar NBA 2K17, which I already sold. I sold Pillars as I didnt want it too. Dunno what I will keep as Im not overly impressed with the unlocks in terms of a "I want that" POV. Not impressed with Killing Floor 2 as next month's unlock, but will likely get the bundle anyway since I imagine the unlocks will be decent enough.

Offworld Trading Company was in the Humble Intergalactic Bundle.. this may be a first (aside from The Witness)?

This monthly doesn't do much for me. Maybe if Overcooked had online co-op I'd be interested, but eh. Wuppo was also free on alienware, I think.

Pretty good monthly. Kinda wish I bought it, but there's nothing on there that I care about enough to seek out in the trading forum.

Not a lot of games that really interest me in the August bundle. Overcooked is something I've always had my eye on, but it being local only is kind of a drag. Already have KF2 as well.

Offworld Trading Company is a rebundle. I picked up a cheap copy of War for the Overworld in the trash thread a few years ago back when it was in Early Access (still haven't played). The rest of this looks like garbage. 

While I know KF is one of Fox's all-time favorites, KF2 is not at all a draw for me for September, so I guess I'll wait to see what the unlocks look like again. 

First month I don't want anything from. Hard to call it a bust because Pillars of Eternity is a great game for $12 by itself but those unlocks are pretty meh.

Might do next month for killing floor 2 even though I didn't enjoy the first one all that much, give me another game I can potentially join a bro night for too.

It's times like these that I wish I had an interest in strategy games, anime, and local-coop. Those are some pretty well-regarded unlocks.

I sold Pillars so this cost me about half the cost (bought Pillars 2 Winter sales ago I think). Not great honestly, but want to try One Piece (though people says it sucks) and Nongunz, so it's not terrible. I honestly grew bored of KF2 from being free on PS+ (way, way, way too repetitive....I played the first too so that may have diminished the fun). Will still stay in for next month since this is low MSRP. Would rather have Overcooked on PS+ easily, but i'll see if I ever play it.

I thought Quiet City was a rogue game or maybe an ASCII adventure game. It just looks like some game where you go to circles and press X....looks terrible honestly. I'll try it for morbid curiousity, plus growing up with rogue games and adventure games like ZZT.

Of course I bought overcooked a long time ago, same with wuppo. Both games are seriously worth the price I paid. Guess I'll put them up for sale if anyone wants them.

August Monthly

NBA 2K17

Pillars of Eternity

Offworld Trading Company

Overcooked

Nongunz

War For the Overworld

Wuppo

One Piece Burning Blood

September Unlock: Killing Floor 2

I have none of the games bar NBA 2K17, which I already sold. I sold Pillars as I didnt want it too. Dunno what I will keep as Im not overly impressed with the unlocks in terms of a "I want that" POV. Not impressed with Killing Floor 2 as next month's unlock, but will likely get the bundle anyway since I imagine the unlocks will be decent enough.
I only owned Pillars (and still haven't sold my copy yet) but the rest of it is enough to justify my cost with War of the Overworld and Offworld being two games I looked at during the last sale.

I still want to know why Axiom Verge hasn't been bundled yet... I should have just bought it.

I only owned Pillars (and still haven't sold my copy yet) but the rest of it is enough to justify my cost with War of the Overworld and Offworld being two games I looked at during the last sale.

I still want to know why Axiom Verge hasn't been bundled yet... I should have just bought it.
You might still be able to find it for $10 at GS:

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/axiom-verge-collectors-edition/130428

I still haven't activated my copy. I should do that.

I saw it. Not overly impressed with it to be honest. 7.1 isn't a must for me, it has no physical mute/volume control like the Omni has, it doesn't add any length to my headset's cable and that extra slack is really appreciated (I know a extension could be used by thats just one more connection to degrade and/or troubleshoot in the future. Also doesn't have a spot for the mic to plug, which the Omni does have (though its not working right now.)
- 7.1. virtual is better than 5.1 virtual right?

- the lack of physical mute/volume ctrl can be mitigated since most headset has it built in anyway?

- cable length = I am sitting in front of my desktop and even when I play console, the HyperX cloud cable is long enough to sit further back (what headset do u use?)

- No Mic plug: Amazon reviews indicates that built in mic w/ your existing headset can be used just fine?

So u picked the 5.1 version b/c of the stronger AMP?

You might still be able to find it for $10 at GS:

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/axiom-verge-collectors-edition/130428

I still haven't activated my copy. I should do that.
Yeah, I had them holding one one day... but the monthly was just around the corner and so was the Steam sale... and then humble had it for 10 bucks (like nine for subscribers) and I was convinced it was going to be either an unlock for this month or more likely part of two shown unlocks for next month.

Its an endless vicious cycle...

overcooked with no online coop is so disappointing.  about the only thing i would have bothered with in this bundle. 

unless kf2 has a decent sell price,  I wont bother with next month either

Offworld Trading Company was in the Humble Intergalactic Bundle.. this may be a first (aside from The Witness)?

This monthly doesn't do much for me. Maybe if Overcooked had online co-op I'd be interested, but eh. Wuppo was also free on alienware, I think.
First since last month you mean? Galactic Civilizations III last month's monthly was in the same $15 tier of a previous Humble that Offworld Trading Company was in.

Anyway, I like the unlocks, though I'm unsure on and may sell One Piece. Offworld Trading Company, War for the Overworld, and (especially) Overcooked were wants for me. Wuppo looks really fun, too.

First since last month you mean? Galactic Civilizations III last month's monthly was in the same $15 tier of a previous Humble that Offworld Trading Company was in.

Anyway, I like the unlocks, though I'm unsure on and may sell One Piece. Offworld Trading Company, War for the Overworld, and (especially) Overcooked were wants for me. Wuppo looks really fun, too.
Yeah you're right, I forgot about GalCiv3

I already traded away Pillars and Basketball Game but if you're interested in anything else in this bundle, I'm your man. I'll sell/trade any of these games away for just about anything.

This month was okay not great but not bad, hopefully overcooked adds online multiplayer I know its been in the talks but I assume they will launch that as a standalone game. I redeemed all but NBA2K17 since I seriously have no interest in it so I will have to add it to my like of games to trade. 

Last NBA game I played was NBA Live 97 I think or NBA Hangtime for arcade action. Last NHL one was 96....man it's been a long time since I've played these series haha.

Not wow'ed by the bonuses.  KF2 for $12 is something I'll seriously consider.  I'm sure it'll be another year before it hits $5.

Nongunz looks neat, but do i really need another difficult, rogue-lite platformer? No, I don't. Overcooked got lots of positive buzz during GotY discussions, but local co-op only kills it for me. 

Ended up keeping Pillars, Wuppo and Offworld. Sold the rest for a total of $12.15 (as long as the buyers don't back out). Three free games from the August monthly and a .15 profit. Not too bad. 

Wanting (and not owning) both Pillars and NBA, I'm pretty happy right out of the gate. Overcooked looks like a lot of fun, so I'll try that, but the one I'm installing first is War for the Overworld, which looks heavily influenced by Dungeon Keeper. Good bundle for me.

Even though I'm skipping the next (own KF2), I want to cheerlead for it a bit. If you've only tried KF, or maybe KF2 six months ago or more, I'd urge you to give it another look. They've added so much content since it first launched in early access, and the gameplay has improved a great deal. There are some truly wacky Workshop maps to play if that's not enough. And, as fox alluded to, the Weekly Events have been a lot of fun: shrinking or growing enemies, special fleshpound waves, headshot-only, and they all come with rewards.

If you want a little variety, try the map called The Descent... It's a string of ten smallish maps that play out randomly. Tripwire hinted at making more maps like this. Of course, it's a horde game when all is said and done, so if that turns you off then the bells and whistles aren't going to matter. But if it's been a while, or you've never tried it, it's worth a shot.

Not surprised about KF2 being bundled as has been on PSN.  Forgive the ignornant question, but is there Single Player content for KF2?  Is there any interest in having CAG KF2 time?

Not surprised about KF2 being bundled as has been on PSN. Forgive the ignornant question, but is there Single Player content for KF2? Is there any interest in having CAG KF2 time?
I hate to speak for others but from what I've gathered on from the thread that its one of Foxy's favorite series. I think KF2 is viewed as being the weaker of the two but it was still in EA at that time.

Not surprised about KF2 being bundled as has been on PSN. Forgive the ignornant question, but is there Single Player content for KF2? Is there any interest in having CAG KF2 time?
KF2 is a horde/wave game and, as such, you can play any level solo. It can be a little more difficult without team mates to bail you out, but it's entirely possible to make it through all the waves and defeat the boss by yourself. Of course, without others to carry on if you die, there's no chance of you respawning at the end of the wave and it's game over. There is no campaign or story -- just sixteen official levels to choose from and a bunch more in the workshop.

As to your second question: I've played KF2 with the bros on many evenings.

It's very much a multiplayer experience.  You can play solo but you'll eventually hit a wall as you advance in difficulties.  It's also not particularly fun playing solo, either.  Not sure if things have changed between KF1 and KF2, but the KF1 community was miles friendlier than similar communities like Left4Dead, etc.

It's very much a multiplayer experience. You can play solo but you'll eventually hit a wall as you advance in difficulties. It's also not particularly fun playing solo, either. Not sure if things have changed between KF1 and KF2, but the KF1 community was miles friendlier than similar communities like Left4Dead, etc.
what's the difference b/w KF series and Left for Dead? These are all zombie co-op HORDE games to me.

Not wow'ed by the bonuses. KF2 for $12 is something I'll seriously consider mooby. I'm sure it'll be another year before it hits $5.
fify

what's the difference b/w KF series and Left for Dead? These are all zombie co-op HORDE games to me.

L4D has you moving from level to level, heading for safe rooms whereas KF2 has all the action coming to you.  You'll want to move for various reasons (not the least of which is to avoid getting swarmed) but the map is more of an arena than an area to be navigated through.  Speaking of, L4D has an attempt at a story going through it where KF is very much just "Zombies attacking, kill the waves, kill the boss"

KF2 has a class system that gives you different abilities and extra exp for particular types of weapons.  Also some classes are more equipped to handle certain types of zombies although all of them can be killed by anyone with enough bullets.  So you're never screwed for not having a [class] but you're distinctive beyond what gun you just picked up.

Agreed that the KF population seemed much less bitchy and try-hard than the L4D people.  I've played a bit of KF2 solo and it can be fun for a few levels or if you're just trying to grind a class up but it's nothing you're going to dedicate yourself to.

Also, in KF you earn money between waves that you can use to upgrade weapons, but more ammo, make it rain on teammates. L4D is your typical FPS pick stuff up off the ground weapons.

Pretty good bundle for me, Got 2 games I kept passing up during sales (Pillars and OTC), plus Overcooked. Also got NBA 2k17 so can be lazier in picking up 18 now =p.

L4D is objective-oriented. You have to get to the end of the level without dying, with events like powering up a carousel that attracts endless hordes of zombies in between. The focus is on surviving rather than killing everything, since the zombie waves literally ARE endless. You don't get cash to buy more ammo or health, you have to find it and if you run out you die. It also has a survival mode, which is basically KF without currency. You start with everything you need and hold out for as many waves as possible in your arena. And it has an AI director adapting the difficulty constantly in all game modes, something that was introduced last year in KF2.

It is definitely more of a try-hard game because all but 2 special infected will kill you if your multiplayer teammates don't react quick enough. In multiplayer modes, 4 people get to be survivors and 4 get to be infected. The infected team spawns every 20 seconds, and your character is helpless if either a smoker, hunter, charger, or jockey gets you. Any special infected can instantly kill you in the right hands.

So say you're starting out in the safe room at the beginning of the Mercy Hospital level. You open the door and run out into the hallway. Charger comes out, charges you, hits your teammates and knocks them back, spitter spits acid on the spot where you all land, hunter pounces the guy next to you and starts ripping open his stomach, then boomer spews bile on everyone and a horde of 30 common zombies is suddenly attacking you all while the boomer bile blurs your screen so you can't see shit. And you die in less than a minute. Tank and witch didn't even spawn.

It's not a very forgiving game, especially in multiplayer.

It should be noted that KF2 introduced a new player vs player mode in which one team is human and the other controls more powerful versions of the monsters. However, all of the action takes place in the existing wave-based levels. It's very much L4D-lite. I don't think it is played much though.

versus is the only way to play L4D, the co-op version is boooooooooring

also the modded servers with huge player counts are a good goof, as are the xp/leveling up servers. it's so janky and broken, I love it

The custom servers are crazy. L4D2 versus is already punishing to new players, but when you give people a point reward system like KF and let them BUY tank and witch spawns in a campaign like Hard Rain? Insanity.

Humble GalaTrash ReBundle of Poop.

Nothing too see here. Move along.

Pony Island and Devil Daggers are great, but you should already own them.

bread's done
Back