Humble Bundle Thread

I already own Strafe. I enjoy it honestly and it's better after they patched it up a bit.
So one of the biggest complaints I recall reading about STRAFE pre-patch was that AI pathing was screwed up. Basically that enemies would attack you in a straight line and it was easy to manipulate. Any idea if this was fixed with the Millennium patch?

The next step in that logical equation is: you like terrible games!
But if I like them then, ipso facto presto chango, they're not terrible!
schooled.gif

I have H1Z1 with crates and Rivals up for sale if anyone wants to shoot me an offer. Everything else looks good.

Last edited by a moderator:
People actually want to play Quantum Break?!?!?!
Yes, b/c it's fantastic as a very linear Max Payne 1+2 style shooter w/ time power mechanics and the TV-style episodes are excellent HBO-style TV.

Thank God this wasn't another open-world UbiSoft style game and/or MP-style Level-based competitive game, since that is what it seems like most AAA companies now want to develop.

Nex Machina was actually near the top of my wishlist so I'm happy for that one but since I bought the bundle with Sexy Brutale in it, that stings a bit.  And I had the Blazblue game.  Nice unlocks next month.

Yes, b/c it's fantastic as a very linear Max Payne 1+2 style shooter w/ time power mechanics and the TV-style episodes are excellent HBO-style TV.

Thank God this wasn't another open-world UbiSoft style game and/or MP-style Level-based competitive game, since that is what it seems like most AAA companies now want to develop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEjvpHpVyiw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEjvpHpVyiw
I haven't played Dear Esther yet (even though it's been in my backlog forever and all) - but I doubt that game has third-person or first-person shooter mechanics, which Quantum Break has.

I haven't played Dear Esther yet (even though it's been in my backlog forever and all) - but I doubt that game has third-person or first-person shooter mechanics.
From what I could see, neither does QB!!!

N-e-wayz, I'm going to get this bundle and sell off Quantum Break and probably DoW III. Since I am too good for the cess pool thread, anyone feel free to 'get in muh DMs' to talk Amazon credz or game swapzzzzzz.

I'm glad I decided to postpone this month, none of these unlocks are super appealing to me kinda sucks I bought the fanatical bundle though.

Next month unlocks are great, I've almost bought DoW3 for $20 on cdkeys a handful of times since it released and quantum break looks good too.

This seems like one of the monthlies where if you just sit on the unlocks for a few months they'll be worth around the price of the bundle each.

From what I could see, neither does QB!!!

N-e-wayz, I'm going to get this bundle and sell off Quantum Break and probably DoW III. Since I am too good for the cess pool thread, anyone feel free to 'get in muh DMs' to talk Amazon credz or game swapzzzzzz.
QB might be linear as can be, but you will be shooting a lot of bad guys and using your time powers quite a bit.

It's very much in the vein and style of Remedy's Max Payne 1 & 2 - but you get 22 minute TV-style episodes instead of comic book/graphic novel style cut-scenes b/t Acts.

Interesting early unlocks here.

QB - Already own it. It's awesome. If I didn't have this already, I'd be all over this bundle and just take the rest along for the ride.

Dawn of War 3 - Eh, I've had Complete Editions of Dawn of War 1 & 2 forever that I haven't played, so do I really want or need DoW3 yet?

Long Dark - Looks alright, I guess. [shrug]

Next month is great.  I hope you guys are ready to apologize to IGN.

Also, I find the attitudes kind of funny.  Sexy Brutale was in a $10 tier on an otherwise crappy bundle on Fanatical and it was generally praised, but included as an unlock on Humble and people are mostly "meh" about it  I think the unlocks were pretty decent.  Nothing mind blowing, but a lot of games I wanted to buy eventually. 

Has anyone tried taking advantage of the referral bonus? I signed up for the January bundle with a brand new account, but it wasn't credited.  :???:

Next month is great. I hope you guys are ready to apologize to IGN.

Also, I find the attitudes kind of funny. Sexy Brutale was in a $10 tier on an otherwise crappy bundle on Fanatical and it was generally praised, but included as an unlock on Humble and people are mostly "meh" about it I think the unlocks were pretty decent. Nothing mind blowing, but a lot of games I wanted to buy eventually.
Yeah they were ok, nothing terrible but nothing great either. I would've bought the Fanatical bundle if the blackfriday coupon worked on it, but I'm glad it didn't. Was holding out on it waiting for a decent coupon, but now the $10 tier is shit so I might pass on it.

Also, I find the attitudes kind of funny. Sexy Brutale was in a $10 tier on an otherwise crappy bundle on Fanatical and it was generally praised, but included as an unlock on Humble and people are mostly "meh" about it
That's the only thing from the last Monthly that I want. It looks a lot like Ghost Trick and I fucking love Ghost Trick.

If anyone wants to sell their key, hit me up :v

I also have Dear Esther, somehow. Two editions of it, even! I don't know what the difference is, and don't care.

By the way, I agree with MysterD, Quantum Break is very good, but I also agree with the Moobster that it has way too many cutscenes. The live-action stuff was pretty bad too. Remedy's fetishization of television finally went too far.

I do think Remedy does a great job at shooting/gunplay. I just with their games weren't so linear or CINEMATIC!
That's all the stuff that I actually like about their games: linear, cinematic, and shooter.

At some point, I might've been okay with the idea of a non-linear and open-world Remedy game (i.e. when we were just starting to get non-linear action games, numerous years back; probably around the STALKER or Boiling Point era) - but, not nowadays. Not with today's over-saturated climate of these games.

I don't need any more open-world games - we got enough of those on the market nowadays, as is. The linear-cinematic experience seems to be going further and further away in the AAA space, as they ain't yet found ways to stuff MTX's (Micro-Transactions) and Loot Boxes in those yet. Maybe in due time, I guess, they'll find a way to stuff MTX's and LB's in linear game experiences.

I also have Dear Esther, somehow. Two editions of it, even! I don't know what the difference is, and don't care.

By the way, I agree with MysterD, Quantum Break is very good, but I also agree with the Moobster that it has way too many cutscenes. The live-action stuff was pretty bad too. Remedy's fetishization of television finally went too far.
I think everyone who owned Dear Esther (original) got upgraded to the newer Landmark Edition.

'Cause I know for sure, I had Dear Esther way before the Landmark Edition came out.

Plus, Landmark Edition is now the only version being sold on Steam - looks like it got remastered in Unity Engine:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/520720/Dear_Esther_Landmark_Edition/

Dear Esther: Landmark Edition has been remade with the Unity engine, featuring a full audio remaster, and the addition of a brand-new Directors' Commentary mode, allowing players to explore the island and learn what inspired the game and how it was crafted by The Chinese Room and Rob Briscoe.

Next month is great. I hope you guys are ready to apologize to IGN.

Also, I find the attitudes kind of funny. Sexy Brutale was in a $10 tier on an otherwise crappy bundle on Fanatical and it was generally praised, but included as an unlock on Humble and people are mostly "meh" about it I think the unlocks were pretty decent. Nothing mind blowing, but a lot of games I wanted to buy eventually.
I think if I didn't own the Long Dark already I'd feel more excited about it. The unlocks this month weren't anything that I would play, but they must have been decent since I sold mostly all of them in the cesspool within 5 minutes though.

I think if I didn't own the Long Dark already I'd feel more excited about it. The unlocks this month weren't anything that I would play, but they must have been decent since I sold mostly all of them in the cesspool within 5 minutes though.
I would say many would be after any games from Relic and Remedy. Them two companies have a reputation for putting out high quality products.

I can't speak on the Long Dark, though - don't know much about; and for some reason, ain't super interested in it.

Happy that I never purchased The Long Dark during a previous sale. I've been tempted to on several occasions. Definitely in for the January monthly now. 

Not bad, I'm pretty happy with some of the December unlocks.

I was tempted to buy Nex Machina from the PS Store (but passed), tempted to buy it on Steam in the Autumn sale (but passed), and now it's in a HB Monthly (Solid). I passed on Fanatical's Nemesis bundle so the Sexy Brutal is a nice addition. STRAFE and Passpartout: The Starving Artist look mildly interesting and perhaps worth at least trying. I'm not a big 2D Fighter fan so Rivals of Aether and BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend I'm not too enthusiastic about. 

January's early unlocks are solid. I paid early mainly for Quantum Break (wishlist) and to unload Dawn of War III (not really an RTS fan) and The Long Dark (already own, good atmospheric survival game). 

I certainly hope the Humble Monthly continues to be consistent or at least on par with past Humble Monthlies before IGN bought Humble. Here's hoping that's the case.  :pray:

I would say many would be after any games from Relic and Remedy. Them two companies have a reputation for putting out high quality products.

I can't speak on the Long Dark, though - don't know much about; and for some reason, ain't super interested in it.
Jennifer Hale voices one of the characters in The Long Dark. Along with some other good voice actors. Are you tempted now?

Sexy Brutale is a decent unlock, it's just on the tail of a bundle people bought mainly for that game.

Really, I'm not even excited about buying it for a couple bucks now because, after being bundled twice now, next step will be a $5 BTA tier.

Jennifer Hale voices one of the characters in The Long Dark. Along with some other good voice actors. Are you tempted now?
You left out Mark Meer (Male Shepard from ME Trilogy), David Hayter (Solid Snake before MGS5), and Elias Toufexis (Adam Jensen from Deus Ex: HR & MD).

Still not tempted.

EDIT:

I still gotz a Quantum Break key... selling for a small loan of a million dollars.
Already own QB. Don't need it, thanks.

You left out Mark Meer (Male Shepard from ME Trilogy), David Hayter (Solid Snake before MGS5), and Elias Toufexis (Adam Jensen from Deus Ex: HR & MD).

Still not tempted.

EDIT:

Already own QB. Don't need it, thanks.
Surely you need an unused copy for collector purposes.

Surely you need an unused copy for collector purposes.
I already have a retail-boxed Timeless Collector's Edition - which has an extra BR about the making of the game and soundtrack on disc.

I don't need much more than that, TBH.

I know you're joking, but I was mildly tempted to grab a January bundle when I read about the story mode for this game. However, I already got a cheap copy of Dawn of War and own QB, so not really worthwhile. Plus I figure the fact that there are an (unprecedented?) three early unlocks suggests strongly that the remaining games for January will be about on par with the unlocks for December. . . or of even higher quality.

I know you're joking, but I was mildly tempted to grab a January bundle when I read about the story mode for this game. However, I already got a cheap copy of Dawn of War and own QB, so not really worthwhile. Plus I figure the fact that there are an (unprecedented?) three early unlocks suggests strongly that the remaining games for January will be about on par with the unlocks for December. . . or of even higher quality.
I'm expecting them to be worse than the unlocks for the December bundle since we've got 3 headliners. H1Z1 was crap, these headliners are good (aside from maybe Dawn of War 3 which bombed in reviews/sales).

Sexy Brutale is a decent unlock, it's just on the tail of a bundle people bought mainly for that game.

Really, I'm not even excited about buying it for a couple bucks now because, after being bundled twice now, next step will be a $5 BTA tier.
You wont buy that bundle either though.

How do we go from H1Z1 as the early unlock to 3 solid games shown? Is there no middle ground? IMO Quantum Break or Dawn of War III by themselves are at least on par with H1Z1 as an early unlock.

As far as the H1Z1 unlocks. I don't think I would have regretted passing completely on that month and almost did. They aren't terrible though. Couple things off my wishlist.

Not a bad set of unlocks. Want Sexy Brutale, Nex Machina, and Strafe. 

Next month's unlocks are great value although I'm only interested in keeping Quantum Break and even that I'm lukewarm about.

I'm expecting them to be worse than the unlocks for the December bundle since we've got 3 headliners. H1Z1 was crap, these headliners are good (aside from maybe Dawn of War 3 which bombed in reviews/sales).
Unlocks are typically so bad I just give them away versus the selling at cut-rate prices of the early reveals.

Sexy Brutale and Nex Machina were both wishlisted, the rest are decent. I don't play many fighting games these days so I'm not sure if I'll keep Rivals or Blazblue. 

Next month's unlocks are really great, but I already own Long Dark and have played and beaten Quantum Break on Xbox and I've never been a big fan of RTS games. 

bread's done
Back