Humble Bundle Thread

I grabbed the BTA on the Team 17 bundle this morning and will be grabbing the $8 tier on the Boardgame bundle before that one ends. But the Yogscast bundle looks like a huge ripoff to me.

New additions to Yogscast are LostWinds 2: Winter of the Melodias and an exclusive skin for Jurassic Park Evolution, which sits at a hefty $54.99 price tag still.

LostWinds 2 is actually really good, but it's also a game that was released on the original Wii. Good platformer with somewhat dated graphics.
I think there's a very strong argument to be made that the Yogscast bundle each year is the worst bundle offered on Humble. Typically packed to the gills with bundle repeats, and the ones that aren't are typically either not good or games like Lost Winds 2 which ame out now 2 console generations ago

I was actually saying yesterday in Discord that this year's Yogscast bundle was actually half-presentable.  Nothing I want but at least it's not all DLC for F2P games and crap.

Then today, it's a hot pink dinosaur skin and an Elite ship skin.

You nerds won't be saying that once they give preorder keys for TES6 on Christmas Eve! Thx 4 Sumarset Humble!

You nerds won't be saying that once they give preorder keys for TES6 on Christmas Eve! Thx 4 Sumarset Humble!
What, not even for the season pass? Keys for base TES games are worth about as much as horse armor, since complete editions end up costing less than the DLC.

I actually want to try Vegas Pro but i'm too cheap to buy it and subsequently would be too lazy to learn it.  I'll stick with my rudimentary knowledge of Lightworks.

Been a long time since I've been interested in a top tier Humble. Will pay $15 to get Lost World, Sonic Forces, Sonic Mania, and an extra copy of Sonic Racing Transformed to give away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty underwhelmed by this bundle. Sonic Mania is the only thing I'm interested in, so an easy pass.
I sorta feel the same way (great bundle overall, but no interest in Forces or Lost World kills it for me). But on the bright side, at least now we know Mania won't show up in a Monthly any time soon. Makes it a relatively safe buy during the upcoming sale without fear of a better deal shortly afterward. A repeat of last month's $6.79 deal would be nice.

ITAD doesn't say I own Sonic Generations or Sonic Racing Transformed, but I do. The rest of the two higher tiers are all new for me. Tempting.

Hmmmm...

I'm only missing Sonic: Lost World; Sonic Mania; and Sonic Forces.

Missing BTA and $15 Tier stuff.

tumblr_inline_p7hxpbUXqq1sa6bzm_540.gif

It's clearly geared toward those weird Sonic fans with horrible body odor who use lots of body spray to cover it up. Which is like...all of them.

sonic-vore.jpg

$40 off? Sure. $40 credit on their store? No thanks. It would either expire or I'd end up paying twice what I wanted to just to use up the credit.

Says it expires with 6 months of inactivity. Put a reminder in your calendar and buy a $1 game to make the credit last another 6 months if you have that much trouble finding things to buy on the store.

New sort-of D&D books and photography software bundles today.

If anyone's crazy enough to buy that Yogscast monstrosity and doesn't mind parting with the Ankylosaurus skin for JWE, let me know. 

If anyone's crazy enough to buy that Yogscast monstrosity and doesn't mind parting with the Ankylosaurus skin for JWE, let me know.
Oh is this the begging for Yogscast scraps thread? In that case I would like the Guild Wars Eye of the North expansion, thanks!

Photography bundle doesn't look bad.... I've used PSP a lot over the years... Granted, it's been likely a decade now.

5E bundle... Looks like WotC brought the OGL back with the new edition... That's both good and bad.

I'd been using Paint Shop Pro 5.0 for ages until my latest computer never got an optical drive to reinstall it.  I guess I should upgrade.

Yeah, there's a number of third party D&D material.  Kobold Press has a couple very well regarded monster manuals, for instance.  I actually have a Kickstarter reward pending with Frog God games so I might buy into this bundle.

Funny how the first things in ages I've wanted to buy from Humble aren't video game related.

Photography bundle doesn't look bad.... I've used PSP a lot over the years... Granted, it's been likely a decade now.

5E bundle... Looks like WotC brought the OGL back with the new edition... That's both good and bad.
That's a lot of acronyms, and that's coming from a government employee!

Public Service Announcement:

The last day to cancel or pause before you are auto-charged for the January 2019 bundle is...

... oh shit, that was today. :no:

Oh well, I hope some of you can share in my misery next Friday.

Misery, IGN owned Humble is going to start the new year with a glorious monthly. It will be epic.

By the way, while I do not predict a weekly on this coming Tuesday (Jan. 1), Spoder called it that Origin will be doing a weekly soon. The bundle gods have been given sacrifices including me buying Mass Effect Andromeda and Star Wars Battlefront 2.

The last day to cancel or pause before you are auto-charged for the January 2019 bundle is...

I'm okay with Just Cause 3 (as bad the reception was) and Wizard of Legend plus random crap for $12. I mean... as if this stuff will ever be cheaper in Steam sales?

I can. Forgot to pause, that was the last month of my annual. Ah well, I admit defeat. FU humble, no way am I doing another annual. I'll just pick up scraps in the cesspool or trade for them.

I'm pretty sure I paused mine but I see it listed in my stuff... I wonder if I didn't go threw all 5 billion confirmations you have to go threw to really pause the damn thing.

Something I was signed up ages ago pulled this neat stunt where you had to go through like twenty hoops and it kept telling  you "If you leave now you will miss out on x and y" and then had a cancel / do not cancel selection underneath.  On the very last one it switched places so if you were just sitting there spamming the cancel link as it popped up you would click "do not cancel" on the last page.  And either way you got the same message that just said something like request confirmed.  At least Humble doesn't do that.  lol

That reminds me of a terrible mailing list I was on. Like you would cancel and it would somehow put you on like 2 or 3 others. Sad thing it was for a reputable website, though I think it's defunct now. After that happened I filtered out all these new ones and only get on mailing lists for stuff I actually want emailing me. But some corporate goon has to be like oh look this many people (likely a bunch of bots as well) are wanting to hear from us....

As a young idiot to make some extra money I did those online surveys and such, which are fine, but one time I was like oh I can get $40 for trying a free sample of like labels or something for mailing or something like that. That was hell and a half to cancel that. I think I remember having to call and being passed 3-4 times on the phone. They kept wanting me to get more and more labels at bargain prices. I even told them to take it off immediately and that they didn't have my true CC. Never again. I don't even know if those survey sites are profitable anymore. I may as well as work a shift at McDonalds or something than go through that monotony again. 

I'm okay with Just Cause 3 (as bad the reception was) and Wizard of Legend plus random crap for $12. I mean... as if this stuff will ever be cheaper in Steam sales?
You're probably thinking of Just Cause 4. I haven't seen too much negative press on 3. For my part, I hit a roadblock about midway through the second story chapter (roughly 10 missions in) that took me a while to get past. The difficulty level of 3 compared to 2 seems a bit higher overall, except for that last mission in 2, which was just insane. I solved my issue by finishing up the Sea Heist DLC and acquiring the lightning gun (eDEN Spark)--man, is that thing good at blowing up vehicles and buildings!

I have a feeling that 4 was rushed out the door. There certainly seemed to be an Assassins Creed- or Far Cry-like dramatic lack of time between sequels being churned out in the series relative to the span between 1 and 2 or 2 and 3.

I'm pretty sure I paused mine but I see it listed in my stuff... I wonder if I didn't go threw all 5 billion confirmations you have to go threw to really pause the damn thing.
You probably did. Pausing is much easier than actually cancelling. I've done both.

Well.. Just Cause 3 is a great game, but it's bad for me because I bought it in 2016 and it's been in the $3 range in the past. As a HB Monthly headliner, it's not what I'm hoping to see.

Well.. Just Cause 3 is a great game, but it's bad for me because I bought it in 2016 and it's been in the $3 range in the past. As a HB Monthly headliner, it's not what I'm hoping to see.
This exactly. The monthly really seems to be running out of steam with pulling in the headliners which is why it's going to this 3 game headliner system. Holding out hope for the next few months as I still have 5 months left on my sub.

bread's done
Back