Humble Bundle Thread

I got Starbound. Kind of regret it now, heh. :|

I didn't see this had Papo & Yo and Reus... ugh. And worse... Bit Trip Runner 2. Yuck...

Last edited by a moderator:
if i have a tab open at $4.99 should i buy it there or does anyone think the average will ever drop below that after the starbound average inflation?

I ended up getting screwed by the Amazon Payments thing too... by the time I got through with Paypal I got left with this message on my profile:

We sold out of Starbound; unfortunately your purchase was right on the edge. We are scrounging for more keys.

Please let us know if you would like a refund. Please make your email subject "Where is Starbound in HIB10".

Kind of underwhelmed with super indie bundle X. So many better games out there. Guess these are the new games that will be in every bundle going forward. In for BTA. Like hell would I pay an extra $5 for an alpha that will eventually be in a bundle anyways.

if i have a tab open at $4.99 should i buy it there or does anyone think the average will ever drop below that after the starbound average inflation?
No harm in waiting, right? It's what I'm doing. Personally I don't find the BTA games all that enticing so they may well sell a lot of below the average bundles.

Anyone if they offer refunds on the bundles? I bought the bundle twice because I thought $5.00 would get me everything. Site took forever to load...I sent them an email, but I'm not hopeful...

qMu0afP.png

Kind of underwhelmed with super indie bundle X. So many better games out there. Guess these are the new games that will be in every bundle going forward. In for BTA. Like hell would I pay an extra $5 for an alpha that will eventually be in a bundle anyways.
I don't think Terraria has been bundled, so I wouldn't count on that. On the plus side, we are either looking at some awesome bonuses or the next indie bundle is likely to have some really great games that were 90% off over the holiday sales.

LOL. Everyone got a little too spoiled with the licensed games in Humble INDIE Bundles.

This is a good INDIE bundle. I'm in for the BTA once it drops to ~$3.

So I already have To the Moon, Joe Danger 2 and Papo & Yo. I want Runner 2 but not sure if the BTA are worth it if the average goes way down. Pretty meh bundle for me this time. Plus I'm sure one of the bonus games will be Joe Danger 1 which I also have.
I'd skip the bundle and wait for a Runner 2 key drop here on the forums. In fact, I'll probably have an extra one myself I'll be able to send you after I buy when the average drops, if you haven't picked it up from someone else by then.

Incidentally, I think Runner 2 is a great game. Really great aesthetics and solid gameplay. I only got through the first world before I got distracted by the rest of my backlog, as usual...

Probably more like 2000-3000, many of whom didn't even get the game they paid $10 for.
Exactly right. And from a prior post they'll offer refunds... but they won't take those refunds out of the totals, keeping the average up.

I know humble needs to make that money, and people will always buy cheap games, but my sliders will be going to charity and devs this time around.

Well I think I'm going to dime it to lock in a $5 BTA in case the 2nd week additions excite me.  (Also if the BTA goes sub-$5, I can just buy a new bundle.)

I think the 1000 copies thing was dumb because they didn't reserve your copy before you checked out.  I also think they'd have gotten even more money by making it: anyone who pays more than $10 in the first 10 minutes...

Wanted Starbound during the holiday sale but passed. Managed to refresh with 640 codes left and immediately tossed in my $10. By the time it was done processing it was down to 24. Talk about barely making it in under the wire. I hope this isn't a new trend because 1,000 codes is absurdly low for such a popular bundle (humble bundles in general not necessarily this one specifically). Only game I already had was Reus and I bought it for a couple bucks during the holiday sale so no biggie, just gives me trade fodder I guess. In the end it didn't matter what the bonus was I was going to toss in my money since I knew I wouldn't have time to think about it (probably their whole goal). Glad it ended up being a game I actually wanted though.

I'd skip the bundle and wait for a Runner 2 key drop here on the forums. In fact, I'll probably have an extra one myself I'll be able to send you after I buy when the average drops, if you haven't picked it up from someone else by then.

Incidentally, I think Runner 2 is a great game. Really great aesthetics and solid gameplay. I only got through the first world before I got distracted by the rest of my backlog, as usual...
That would be awesome if you did that. You rock.

Wanted Starbound during the holiday sale but passed. Managed to refresh with 640 codes left and immediately tossed in my $10. By the time it was done processing it was down to 24. Talk about barely making it in under the wire. I hope this isn't a new trend because 1,000 codes is absurdly low for such a popular bundle (humble bundles in general not necessarily this one specifically). Only game I already had was Reus and I bought it for a couple bucks during the holiday sale so no biggie, just gives me trade fodder I guess. In the end it didn't matter what the bonus was I was going to toss in my money since I knew I wouldn't have time to think about it (probably their whole goal). Glad it ended up being a game I actually wanted though.
just throw it in your sig like idioteque

one day someone will buy that copy of cherry tree high comedy club....... one day

From a CAG standpoint, both Reus and Surgeon Simulator have been on sale for $2.50 each.  So unless you're paying less than $6 for the BTA, it's not really a deal unless the bonus games next week are more desirable.

That being said, everyone should be in for a $1 just for To The Moon.

That would have completly killed the BTA price.
I know... but I was thinking from their perspective not ours... but more in line with trying to avoid the issues with selling only 1000 copies.

the extra $4 for Reus and Surgeon Sim is marginal value at the $5 BTA (pending 2nd week additions) $1 is clearly where it's at.

Not gonna lie, I saw 10 dollars for some game to the first 1000 and bought it without even looking at what was in the bundle...

And I was very happy with this decision, wanted Starbound, Runner 2, and To The Moon and the others all looked good too.

bread's done
Back