Humble Bundle Thread

Thanks to Fatality again for the Ace Patrol code.  It's actually a lot more fun than I thought.  Sometimes I prefer these pick up and play turn based strategy games that don't require a lot of study into the mechanics and unit strengths.

It's really cheesy that they are using a $15 Brave New World to bring the average up.
Well it's not like it's the first time they've done this, there was the Starbound limited tier (which was stupid), and before that the $25 Dead Island Riptide. I don't see a problem with a third fixed tier honestly, it's a better alternative than having no average at all like the weeklies, and the real bargain hunters will have been F5ing since the average launched to get the cheapest price and won't have to worry about it being "artificially inflated".

The second tier is $8 now but I am only missing Railroads, guess I will just have to get Railroads from someone cheap or wait for the Railroad Tycoon Collection to hit 75% off on steam.

Gah, second tier quite high now. Wish I got in on it whilst it was about 4 dollars. I have CIV V complete, but still, was expecting it to hover around that point and just snatch up tier 2 next week when the bonuses are announced.

The second tier is $8 now but I am only missing Railroads, guess I will just have to get Railroads from someone cheap or wait for the Railroad Tycoon Collection to hit 75% off on steam.
wow people are dumb now it overprice lol people who brought bnw are dumbass of the year

The second tier is $8 now but I am only missing Railroads, guess I will just have to get Railroads from someone cheap or wait for the Railroad Tycoon Collection to hit 75% off on steam.
That spiked up in a hurry. I got a second tier gift copy shortly after it began for $3.92.

I would imagine that as the "average" price rises, and the gap between the second and third tier decreases, it makes that higher tier much more attractive. I can easily see somebody (non-CAG, of course) saying "Well, if I'm going to spend 8 bucks on Civ 5 and G&K (not to mention all the other Sid games), might as well spend $7 more on BNW....that's over 75% off!"

Ah. Now you made me partially regret my purchase :(
I am only missing that Railroads game from the whole bundle, the lower tier is still a bargain if you do not have 2 or 3 games, can't said the same for the higher tiers.

For anyone interested in the Civilization V soundtracks, they can be found in these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\DLC_Deluxe\Soundtrack
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Sounds\Streamed\Music

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice bundle...  I'm not seeing any talk about extra games being added so I guess Pirates! isn't going to get added...  No that it likely maters as I own everything above the 1 tier so I should just wait for a normal sale anyhow.

Nice bundle... I'm not seeing any talk about extra games being added so I guess Pirates! isn't going to get added... No that it likely maters as I own everything above the 1 tier so I should just wait for a normal sale anyhow.
It would be their first bundle without any bonus. With all the recent hate towards them, it wouldn't be wise to resign from the bonus. Putting on the site 'go BTA to unlock one bonus game revealed next week', would be just dumb, because Pirates! is the only missing game from Sid Meier. I guess it will be free to all 1st week purchasers, like it was in old good HB days and that's why I've bought the bundle. It's a good move for them, because by this they can generate some good PR at relatively low cost

It would be their first bundle without any bonus. With all the recent hate towards them, it wouldn't be wise to resign from the bonus. Putting on the site 'go BTA to unlock one bonus game revealed next week', would be just dumb, because Pirates! is the only missing game from Sid Meier. I guess it will be free to all 1st week purchasers, like it was in old good HB days and that's why I've bought the bundle. It's a good move for them, because by this they can generate some good PR at relatively low cost
True enough. I played the original Pirates! and the remake so I'm Pirates!d out, but that would be great for the Pirates! noobs out there.

I bit the bullet and went for the $15

Never played a Civ game in my life, so I figured it was a great deal.
Get ready to be amazed...I recommend going 3 then 5 then 4....best for last for the Civilizations. Civilization 5 + DLC and bigger DLC just never was awesome as Civilization 4+ expansions. Civilization 3 was nice at the time but had some big problems esp unit stacking. Still was fun as heck though I think Civ 4 was where the series reached the peak of awesomeness.

True enough. I played the original Pirates! and the remake so I'm Pirates!d out, but that would be great for the Pirates! noobs out there.
I played the remake on the original Xbox... Its been so long I would give it another go around but like you said... I don't think their was enough to the game to rack up a huge number of hours on. (Though I remember a complete play through being really considerable in length... I played till my character was just too old to get anything done... Great game, helped considerable as it really invoked memories of Wilbur Smith's Birds of Prey. Great novel, if anyone is looking for something to read.)

Get ready to be amazed...I recommend going 3 then 5 then 4....best for last for the Civilizations. Civilization 5 + DLC and bigger DLC just never was awesome as Civilization 4+ expansions. Civilization 3 was nice at the time but had some big problems esp unit stacking. Still was fun as heck though I think Civ 4 was where the series reached the peak of awesomeness.
Why are you condemning the guy to be in his computer non stop for at least a month?

filepicker-sUCZIgDHQTKreXrg0RxL_ain-t-nobody-got-time-fo-dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

I'd just play IV and V if and when you get bored of it

I bit the bullet and went for the $15

Never played a Civ game in my life, so I figured it was a great deal.
Realllly good deal if you don't own any of this stuff. The only thing is I find it redundant and unnecessary to own Civ 3-5. They're *essentially* the same game, just with some gameplay tweaks and graphical updates.

Realllly good deal if you don't own any of this stuff. The only thing is I find it redundant and unnecessary to own Civ 3-5. They're *essentially* the same game, just with some gameplay tweaks and graphical updates.
Civ IV and V are really different. I can't comment on 3.

Honestly when I think CIv I still think Civ 1-2.

Yea, same routine in all three, whenever I see a bronze age spearman fortified on a mountain killing my modern armor, I get all GOD fuck DAMMIT and nuke it from orbit. (Sure, I can use artillery, but it is not as satisfying =P~ )

Apparently Civ fans made an icon for it:
spearvstank.gif

And the bundle is not only missing Pirates, but also Alpha Centauri (but that isn't on Steam).

I also don't know why anyone would dislike DRM free. That's like a dog lover hating puppies.

spearvstank.gif

And the bundle is not only missing Pirates, but also Alpha Centauri (but that isn't on Steam).

I also don't know why anyone would dislike DRM free. That's like a dog lover hating puppies.
I like dogs and dislike puppies

Puppies get lost easily
Kinda like my drm free shit

spearvstank.gif

You obviously are a not a true digital game hoarder. DRM free is our worst nightmare. We need a lazy way to organize all the hundreds or thousands of games we will never play, DUH.

Also we like being able to sell jpegs to stupid people for virtual money to buy MOAR GAMEZ we won't play.

Okay, kind of a silly question:  I already have Civ III and IV Completes, soooo....  do these Steam versions have trading cards?   :whistle2:

Anyway, I'm thinking the $1 tier is obviously worth it for me since those two games are the only two I own, but what about the $15.01 tier?  Is that actually worth it now that there is a complete edition releasing?  I cannot, at all play Civ V on my current computer so it'll be sitting unplayed for quite a while if I were to buy it.

Because people have come to equate DRM-free with not-on-Steam (which is ironic, especially when it comes from people who proclaim "Steam is not DRM"). I personally think it's shortsighted, if not outright dumb, but convenience wins over freedom.

Yeah, I was thinking last night after I redeemed the Civ III and IV keys, "Am I seriously going to play Civ III? Like, ever?" Oh, well. Hoard mode wins.

bread's done
Back