Humble Bundle Thread

Thing is - it took Nimi Places and StartMenu8 to get me to work this bad boy a bit into shape.
I don't count that. I'm (almost) perfectly happy with the stock Windows 8 (not 8.1) start screen: I just don't like that I have to press a bunch of extra buttons when searching for a system shortcut.

And for us people who like older games and want to run those on newer OS's - you still can't disable Aero crap (Desktop Comp & Visual Themes) on Win 8.1.
That could be a problem, for some older games - i.e. Sacred series.
To get Sacred 1 + 2 PC running on Win 7, I did have to turn off that Aero garbage.
Yeah, I didn't say it's perfect. :p

Sure, 8.1's better than 8.

Thing is - it took Nimi Places and StartMenu8 to get me to work this bad boy a bit into shape.

And for us people who like older games and want to run those on newer OS's - you still can't disable Aero crap (Desktop Comp & Visual Themes) on Win 8.1.

That could be a problem, for some older games - i.e. Sacred series.

To get Sacred 1 + 2 PC running on Win 7, I did have to turn off that Aero garbage.
aoe3 aka games that disable auto on windows 7 u have to do manually

They probably ran out of money again.
they should probably do another kickstarter

"hi, i'm tim schaefer. we're running low of funds, so give us money so we can do a humble bundle, where you can give us more money. where else can you find a video game company that churns out a quality, but not groundbreaking or goty material, type games once every four years or however long it takes us now a days? let's get this kickstarter party rollin!"

Pretty sure I own everything by Double Fine but the newest.  Maybe if they turned up with an Old School Lucas Arts Bundle I'd be in.

they should probably do another kickstarter

"hi, i'm tim schaefer. we're running low of funds, so give us money so we can do a humble bundle, where you can give us more money. where else can you find a video game company that churns out a quality, but not groundbreaking or goty material, type games once every four years or however long it takes us now a days? let's get this kickstarter party rollin!"
www.gofundme.com/timschaefer

His perpetual kickstarter page isn't active...yet. But it will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I just can't pull the trigger on the weekly bundle. I love the Dirt series but for some reason I can't pull the trigger on this. I don't own any of the games in the bundle either so it wouldn't be that bad at $6. I just wish it was more like $4. Am I too cheap? Is there even such a thing?

Man I just can't pull the trigger on the weekly bundle. I love the Dirt series but for some reason I can't pull the trigger on this. I don't own any of the games in the bundle either so it wouldn't be that bad at $6. I just wish it was more like $4. Am I too cheap? Is there even such a thing?
I own most in the bundle - and basically paid 2nd tier to get Dirt Showdown (since I didn't have that anywhere) + to put most of those games on Steam that I did NOT have there (Overlord 1 + DLC + Overlord 2 + Rise of the Argonauts).

According to IsThereAnyDeal, Dirt Showdown's best price was $6.82 on Gamersgate.

I know right? Or maybe a Toyota Camry or 25,000 humble bundles?
The Camry has a larger carbon footprint.

Yes. Do you somehow think they'll get cheaper?

Ah. Now you made me partially regret my purchase :(
same here, now I better see the whole collection in a bundle, can't have an incomplete library.

you should watch what you say...certain members are prone to seizures if they witness statements like this
I think I'm about to go supernova.

Or maybe something about games and not cheeseburgers? I already have civ 5. Therefore are the non civ games shit or not?
lunch-cheeseburger-paradise-frank-j-imao-demotivational-poster-1261617296.jpg

[customspoiler="they now have bacon flavored beef"]
edf8b809d008d19fb8c65808f71a8a4b.jpg
[/customspoiler]
oops, didn't notice the pig derrick at first.

Yes. Do you somehow think they'll get cheaper?
There's $5.99 of wiggle room left till they hit rock bottom. I caved anyway. It's only a couple of dollars and I do actually want to play the games. If I was willing to pay $6 for the Amanita & Friends bundle I shouldn't have a problem with this one but every now and then I question my needless spending.

You know... I'm on Windows 8 and I don't even remember ever going to their store.
I had some free promo credit was about to expire from my microsoft wallet and I really don't play my 360 much anymore so I went browsing in the store. It's pretty dire. I picked up Halo Spartan Assault because it was on sale and couldn't find a single other thing that I thought might be worth buying. I used the rest of that credit on the 360 for stuff I'll probably never, ever play because the store for the machine that I use daily has absolutely nothing going for it. If they sold desktop apps in that thing it wouldn't be so much of an issue.

Disappointed about the DF weekly, like most of us. I can't be the only one still hoping for the Popcap bundle, right?

EDIT:

Those are the same prototypes that were given out as bonus for Humble Double Fine Bundle. :nottalking:
Yup. They were also the prototypes that came from the last Amnesia Fortnight. I'm sure there will be new ones after the prototyping cycle, but it's disappointing. Particularly when almost none of them get made into final products...

I played a little Railroads! last night until it CRASHED on me.  I much prefer the old railroad tycoon/railroad tycoon deluxe.    I hate not being able to zoom out more to see a larger portion of the map and see the goods available at a station without mousing over them.

I already had CD copies of Railroads!, Civ 3 and Civ4 but bought the bundle to have on Steam and better compatibility.  I wish they would make Civ 1 available...  I still have the 5 inch floppy disks for that game but no PC with an old style floppy drive and I regret not buying the Civilization Chronicles retail bundle.

I played a little Railroads! last night until it CRASHED on me. I much prefer the old railroad tycoon/railroad tycoon deluxe. I hate not being able to zoom out more to see a larger portion of the map and see the goods available at a station without mousing over them.

I already had CD copies of Railroads!, Civ 3 and Civ4 but bought the bundle to have on Steam and better compatibility. I wish they would make Civ 1 available... I still have the 5 inch floppy disks for that game but no PC with an old style floppy drive and I regret not buying the Civilization Chronicles retail bundle.
http://play.freeciv.org/

A Civ 1/2 reimplementation with customizable rulesets (including Civ 1 and Civ 2 rulesets).

Disappointed about the DF weekly, like most of us. I can't be the only one still hoping for the Popcap bundle, right?

EDIT:

Yup. They were also the prototypes that came from the last Amnesia Fortnight. I'm sure there will be new ones after the prototyping cycle, but it's disappointing. Particularly when almost none of them get made into final products...
I don't think Amnesia Fortnight will be a weekly, but rather running as a separate promotion like the Yogscast thing.

Two out of five prototypes making it into production isn't too bad.

Those are the same prototypes that were given out as bonus for Humble Double Fine Bundle. :nottalking:
It's a new sub with those apps in it. Presumably they'll post videos of their pitch ideas, users will vote, then they'll make prototypes of those winners which will then be added to the sub.

I don't think Amnesia Fortnight will be a weekly, but rather running as a separate promotion like the Yogscast thing.

Two out of five prototypes making it into production isn't too bad.
Fair point. Two out of five definitely aren't bad, statistically. And I'm always in favor of supporting Double Fine. Hell, I'd pick the bundle up just to support them. I hope I wasn't overly harsh in my last post. Out of curiosity, which other game is going into production? I only know of Spacebase DF-9, unless we're counting Costume Quest (which alters the statistics a bit). But I'm hoping there's another DF game in the works that I somehow missed. Ideally, Hack n' Slash.

Fair point. Two out of five definitely aren't bad, statistically. And I'm always in favor of supporting Double Fine. Hell, I'd pick the bundle up just to support them. I hope I wasn't overly harsh in my last post. Out of curiosity, which other game is going into production? I only know of Spacebase DF-9, unless we're counting Costume Quest (which alters the statistics a bit). But I'm hoping there's another DF game in the works that I somehow missed. Ideally, Hack n' Slash.
I didn't read it as being harsh.

Also, I've got good news.

I think it's possible we'll get a DF weekly and Amnesia Fortnight 2. They did say "promotion(s)" after all.

Oh man, I'm so ready for Amnesia Fortnight 2.  I love the behind the scenes stuff and seeing the progression of ideas and art.  I don't care if you all think it's a bad gaming value, it's about the event and the entertainment and with the hours of streams and produced videos it is high value to me.

Oh man, I'm so ready for Amnesia Fortnight 2. I love the behind the scenes stuff and seeing the progression of ideas and art. I don't care if you all think it's a bad gaming value, it's about the event and the entertainment and with the hours of streams and produced videos it is high value to me.
You forgot sarcasm font

8-[

8-[

8-[

Okay, kind of a silly question: I already have Civ III and IV Completes, soooo.... do these Steam versions have trading cards? :whistle2:

Anyway, I'm thinking the $1 tier is obviously worth it for me since those two games are the only two I own, but what about the $15.01 tier? Is that actually worth it now that there is a complete edition releasing? I cannot, at all play Civ V on my current computer so it'll be sitting unplayed for quite a while if I were to buy it.
Say, now that's a great question! I don't have an answer for you but I'd bet someone here does.

:whistle2:

... And boy, do you look familiar...

bread's done
Back