Humble Bundle Thread

It doesn't take a day to look up whether a game has cards....
Well, I didn't have a clue where to find out that information.

heh nope it doesn't. Use Steam Card Exchange to check for that sorta stuff ;)
The Steam store pages for Civ 3 or 4 do not indicate they have Steam trading cards, so probably not. Civ 5 has cards though.
Tanks! :D

I guess there's really little reason to load up those then since my computer already has IV installed.

Is there a rule or something that states that almost all indie/semiindie/hipster game should have puzzles? I'm getting tired of puzzle platform/action/rpg/adventure/fps/spoder/simulation games!

For those who dont have, the $1 dollar tier has 3 games with steam cards and you'll likely break even on purchase. 

EDIT: Stacking has cards despite the Steam Store page not showing it as having cards.  Not sure why that is, but the game does have cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized I don't have Costume Quest somehow.  I have most of the other Double Fine stuff.  Still wont be buying this though.

Purchase Canceled

Sorry for the inconvenience.
We have received too many purchase requests from you in a short period of time, so we have canceled your order (you will not be charged).

too many = 0

U serious? First you said I'm not human because I'm unable to read those recaptchas :(

Another spoder alt account!
Damn, I should have added a mustache to my avatar.

So you were banned/trade banned and decided to use your alt account afterward? Got it ;)

Just kidding, but a lot of people do that.
I think I made it around the same time I got Orange Box and my Steam account in '07-08. Really did forget about it because I went to register the same name on CAG again over the holidays, I was all WTF name taken. Searched my email and there the welcome email was.

So, what we learned here is: if we want a DF game, we just need to wait. It WILL be bundled soon enough at $1

I think they are shooting themselves in the foot. Several times now. 1 bundle is OK. But THAT many?

So, what we learned here is: if we want a DF game, we just need to wait. It WILL be bundled soon enough at $1

I think they are shooting themselves in the foot. Several times now. 1 bundle is OK. But THAT many?
Yeah, I'm even cautious about buying the Amnesia Fortnight bundle. All of those prototypes will be in another bundle eventually. That's how bad DF is, they'll rebundle prototypes..

They need another $5 million to make another tepid adventure game.
This.

I'm so tired of Double Fine at this point. I realize they are industry darlings for sticking it to the man and all that but Tim Schafer has so much money he wipes his ass with $100 bills yet they still always are begging for more.

It's not my problem he can't manage money worth a shit and that it somehow costs him millions of dollars to make the same sort of game some indie could make in his mom's basement for a shoestring budget, minus the big name voice actors.

There, I said it.

Yeah, I'm even cautious about buying the Amnesia Fortnight bundle. All of those prototypes will be in another bundle eventually. That's how bad DF is, they'll rebundle prototypes..
If I was a Broken Age kickstarter, I'd be pissed. But I'm not and I don't care. I've never bought a DF game outside of a HIB... I suppose I should probably play one so I can rage about it...

If I was a Broken Age kickstarter, I'd be pissed. But I'm not and I don't care. I've never bought a DF game outside of a HIB... I suppose I should probably play one so I can rage about it...
Hardly anyone rages about their new stuff - it's all bout the old 'stalgic

It's not my problem he can't manage money worth a shit and that it somehow costs him millions of dollars to make the same sort of game some indie could make in his mom's basement for a shoestring budget, minus the big name voice actors.
Then why concern yourself with it?

Why do people want to make themselves so angry over this stuff? Life is so much easier and fun if you let it be.

It's an interesting idea, but I just don't care about DF enough to want to spend money on their prototypes or invest in their community voting.  Psychonauts will live on as one of my absolute favorite games of all time, but what have you done for me lately? 

Personally, I enjoy the behind the scenes footage and the experience of voting and discussing what games they might make in the future.  While the 'games' themselves, which are mere prototypes, might not be worth much, the video footage is what's worth it for me.

Then why concern yourself with it?

Why do people want to make themselves so angry over this stuff? Life is so much easier and fun if you let it be.
You make easy and fun sound laudable in that upside-down world of yours.

....goes back to PVPing in Hello Kitty Online.

bread's done
Back