Humble Bundle Thread

Wow.

Ten minutes of Starseed Pilgrim and that was enough to make RUSH BROS. look good.

It's one thing to make a game hard, but when you don't even bother explaining the goddamn mechanics... what the hell are we even supposed to do?

2deep4u
Trailer made me think: wtf is this crap. Oh well steamGameCount++;

So what makes Rush Bros so bad? I played a few minutes of it the other day and didn't find it necessarily awful like some make it seem.
I'll have to play it again to remember why it's so bad.. but I do remember the rhythm mechanics were really gimmicky (as in, music only affected the movement of some traps and that was about it), platforming elements being really off, and the music in online MP was separate.. both people use different songs which kind of defeats the purpose of MP IMO. Beat Hazard did it right, songs were synced for both people. I think for a multiplayer game the game fails, and I don't know why anyone would play it in SP, as the game wasn't meant to be played that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to play it again to remember why it's so bad.. but I do remember the rhythm mechanics were really gimmicky (as in, music only affected the movement of some traps and that was about it), platforming elements being really off, and the music in online MP was separate.. both people use different songs which kind of defeats the purpose of MP IMO. Beat Hazard did it right, songs were synced for both people. I think for a multiplayer game the game fails, and I don't know why anyone would play it in SP, as the game wasn't meant to be played that way.
Ah, I was wondering why I couldn't play the tutorial. It kept failing to find a match for me. Weirdly enough, I played it on mute as I tend to play a lot of games. It was a pretty bland platformer on mute, but certainly not awful. Maybe mute is the way to go.

Wow.

Ten minutes of Starseed Pilgrim and that was enough to make RUSH BROS. look good.

It's one thing to make a game hard, but when you don't even bother explaining the goddamn mechanics... what the hell are we even supposed to do?

2deep4u
I like Starseed...once you figure out what you're supposed to do it's simple enough. It's really relaxing. Overall, this bundle is absolutely fantastic. They could've put pictures of horse shit in as the bonuses, and it would've still been a great bundle...but Fez and two games that have never been bundled before is pretty good for humble bundle bonuses. Plus the tiers worked out awesome for me...the only game I didn't have in the upper tier was Beat Buddy, which I'm willing to bet may be the worst game in the whole bundle.

WHICH IS WHAT YOU'RE ABOUT TO BECOME!
dark_souls_prepare_to_die_edition.jpg

Eh, pretty weak additions though now I have Fez without paying for it.

I like Starseed...once you figure out what you're supposed to do it's simple enough. It's really relaxing. Overall, this bundle is absolutely fantastic. They could've put pictures of horse shit in as the bonuses, and it would've still been a great bundle...but Fez and two games that have never been bundled before is pretty good for humble bundle bonuses. Plus the tiers worked out awesome for me...the only game I didn't have in the upper tier was Beat Buddy, which I'm willing to bet may be the worst game in the whole bundle.
I'm sorry, but if Phil Fish pictures would have been the bonus I would have been even more pissed off than I am now.

Two days ago: I'm going to BTA on this bundle the second they show the bonus games.

Today: Hm, are these new three games really worth it?  I mean, I already have Fez...

I'm still going to do it, but now I understand that feeling you all have when you see a repeat in a bundle.  If it weren't there, I'd already have gone in on the bundle instead of typing out a post about indecision.  And as far as I'm concerned, Fez isn't even a bad repeat.  Everyone's opinions on the creator aside, it's got a good concept and an wide open feel that you wouldn't expect from a game with that much complexity.  But just by being a game I already have, even a good one, it soured the bundle a little.

With no added multiplayer games, I'll certainly not be doing an extra BTA bundle for my wife's account.  Hopefully I can catch a Monaco from somebody.

Think I bought Beatbuddy during Winter Steam Sale....got to control my indie splurging during the next sale, a good amount of those got bundled. Only Monaco I would get as new from the BTA...will likely pass, but glad to get The Swapper for a dollar (luckily I stopped myself from buying this in said previous sale).

Everyone's opinions on the creator aside, it's got a good concept and an wide open feel that you wouldn't expect from a game with that much complexity. But just by being a game I already have, even a good one, it soured the bundle a little.
I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't mind Phil Fish. Dude's crazy; but he makes a solid game - no problem with that. It was pretty obvious his personality doesn't mesh well with the internet (even in interviews he seemed a bit pompous) and once the trolls find out they're under your skin - it's only a matter of time before you explode. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw him develop again and it wouldn't hurt me any.

But agreed, I wasn't happy with another HIB Fez drop - would rather shovelware at that point.

Playing BeatBuddy, without knowing anything about the game beforehand, my first impression was that the main character was a blue turtle that bore a close resemblance to Princess Leia ...

beatbuddy_02_by_varuuna-d6vqml5.png

Finally caved in on Adventure Weekly Bundle. Really wish Jack Keane 1 was there but most were new games to me sans Deponia and Critter Chronicles which I bought from GMG....now I want my 3.75 back!

Finally caved in on Adventure Weekly Bundle. Really wish Jack Keane 1 was there but most were new games to me sans Deponia and Critter Chronicles which I bought from GMG....now I want my 3.75 back!
I already have: Deponia (Steam); and both TBoUT games from GOG; and Dark Fall: Lights Out from Retail.

Namely - I want Dark Fall: The Journal.

Not sure on Jack Keane 2.

If you hopped on the Dead Island Riptide glitch yesterday, you will find another link in your Humble library for Dead Island:Epidemic.  Comes with the obligatory 4 giftable copies of DI:E.

This time were the bonus games only for people who beat the average?

So, I was going to My Library on Humble to active the new games.  In your Library, the bundles are listed alphabetically.  However, it really bugs me that Humble Bundle 11 is listed first in my numbered bundle list now.  I want to change to change the Humble Bundle names to 03, 07, etc. so it correctly sorts them in proper number sequence. 

The really annoying thing is that it wouldn't even solve the issue, because Humble in all their infinite wisdom decided to go all Roman on us for bundles 5 and 10 (Humble Bundle V and X respectively), so those are always going to show up last in the numbered sequence (and presumably XV, XX, and so on will as well).

Is this really an issue?  No.  Do I have issues?  Maybe, but I totally feel like Humble Bundle should accommodate those issues :)

So, I was going to My Library on Humble to active the new games. In your Library, the bundles are listed alphabetically. However, it really bugs me that Humble Bundle 11 is listed first in my numbered bundle list now. I want to change to change the Humble Bundle names to 03, 07, etc. so it correctly sorts them in proper number sequence.

The really annoying thing is that it wouldn't even solve the issue, because Humble in all their infinite wisdom decided to go all Roman on us for bundles 5 and 10 (Humble Bundle V and X respectively), so those are always going to show up last in the numbered sequence (and presumably XV, XX, and so on will as well).

Is this really an issue? No. Do I have issues? Maybe, but I totally feel like Humble Bundle should accommodate those issues :)
HIB V pre-dated the beta-launch of HumbleBundle accounts... out only link with our purchases used to be out emailed link-per-bundle and a email-resender.

You don't need a Humble account for the bundles... so really it's your fault for making an account dear. ;)

You don't need a Humble account for the bundles... so really it's your fault for making an account dear. ;)
I find no fault with this logic, so you're right. I brought this on myself. I would have also accepted "You're a big stupid head" as a valid reason.

Italian grannies! Italian grannies EVERYWHERE!
Italian grannies? Damn immigants!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55sjaEDJ65k

Is it bad the I don't have Deponia and haven't purchased the bundle yet?  I'm considering a couple from Bundle Stars also.  My dilemma is which bundle I'm going to knock out 1st as I finally dip into my Steam library.  Yep, I've been hoarding.  I already had Fez from a prior bundle, but the other unlocks just don't look too hot to me. 

My next HB prediction:

Diablo III w/ Reaper of Souls expansion/ Unlocks will be pre-order bonuses.

HIB V pre-dated the beta-launch of HumbleBundle accounts... out only link with our purchases used to be out emailed link-per-bundle and a email-resender.
Is that right? Huh, I guess it is. I don't recall ever not having a Humble Account. HiB V was my first Humble, though, and I purchased it at the end of it's sale period, meaning I had all of two weeks without a Humble Account.

Don't you automatically get the new games if you BTA when you first bought it? Or do you have to somehow change the amount you dontated? I could up my amount by like 50 cents for Fez...

(Sorry if this is commonly known or answered recently. I skimmed the first post and a few of the last pages but didnt find anything)

Don't you automatically get the new games if you BTA when you first bought it? Or do you have to somehow change the amount you dontated? I could up my amount by like 50 cents for Fez...

(Sorry if this is commonly known or answered recently. I skimmed the first post and a few of the last pages but didnt find anything)
Yes. If you BTA'd when you bought in initially, you should automatically see those links added to your bundle page. If you bought in at lower than BTA then you have to add a payment that equals the difference between your initial payment and the BTA figure at the time that you purchased (not the current BTA figure).

Yes. If you BTA'd when you bought in initially, you should automatically see those links added to your bundle page. If you bought in at lower than BTA then you have to add a payment that equals the difference between your initial payment and the BTA figure at the time that you purchased (not the current BTA figure).
Awesome! They are indeed there. Thanks warreni!

It's been that way since HIB 9 in September...

bread's done
Back