Humble Bundle Thread

Really wished that farcry3 was steam instead of uPlay.  Guess I will wait and hope it is on the next steam sale :)

I'm a cat-person. Dumbass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcOiy19cQj8

EDIT:

In a hole at the bottom of the sea.
81c293e8de77a2cdab4b50e996a7ca4e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Somehow I don't have any of the $1 tier games for the weekly.  How did that happen?  I passed up too many bundles...

The full price of The Banner Saga: Factions - Variations Pack is $9.99 on Steam and you need to pay more than $11+ now to get it in the 2nd tier? Someone needs a math lesson.

I-need-a-dollar.jpg

I should have grab Fly'n when it was 80% off at Amazon, waiting for games that are likely to show up in a Humble no longer pays off. 

I don't think these bundles could be any worse if they took acting lessons from Carl Weathers.

Whoever actually doesn't have a game in this week's Weakly should probably stop using Steam altogether. Clearly, you are doing it wrong.

The full price of The Banner Saga: Factions - Variations Pack is $9.99 on Steam and you need to pay more than $11+ now to get it in the 2nd tier? Someone needs a math lesson.

I-need-a-dollar.jpg

I should have grab Fly'n when it was 80% off at Amazon, waiting for games that are likely to show up in a Humble no longer pays off.
I don't think these bundles could be any worse if they took acting lessons from Carl Weathers.
They could have, and should have, just done a Humble store daily sale for Banner Saga at 40% with some extra free crap and called it good. That they made it a PWYW (but not really) bundle is a joke. Humble, Stoic and Versus Evil are money grubbing whores out to shake down their fans for every cent they can squeeze out them. If this is what it means to be indie I will happily stick with EA and Ubisoft.

Meanwhile you have Ubisoft making essentially indie games and priced at $15 regular price. What a mixed up world we live in.

They could have, and should have, just done a Humble store daily sale for Banner Saga at 40% with some extra free crap and called it good. That they made it a PWYW (but not really) bundle is a joke. Humble, Stoic and Versus Evil are money grubbing whores out to shake down their fans for every cent they can squeeze out them. If this is what it means to be indie I will happily stick with EA and Ubisoft.

Meanwhile you have Ubisoft making essentially indie games and priced at $15 regular price. What a mixed up world we live in.
I'm assuming Humble was just desperate for "bundles" to fill up 14 consecutive days with that they wouldn't regret not holding for 2 weeks instead. Don't expect anything that good, Humble's saving that for when they can take your money over the standard amount of time. (Could you imagine the Internet outrage of the Deep Silver repeat being the new bundle for 2 weeks?)

I'm assuming Humble was just desperate for "bundles" to fill up 14 consecutive days with that they wouldn't regret not holding for 2 weeks instead. Don't expect anything that good, Humble's saving that for when they can take your money over the standard amount of time. (Could you imagine the Internet outrage of the Deep Silver repeat being the new bundle for 2 weeks?)
Which is fine but don't call it a bundle then if you can't have actual games in all the tiers. Just call it a Daily Deal or something like Daily Royale. I feel like they are making a very lame attempt to have tiers of junk just so they can technically call it a bundle and pretend like there is actually some PWYW aspect to it when really they were just highlighting one particular game today and not even at that great of a discount either.

I got to season 2 on the show until that horrible episode about the girl that drew things that came to life. I'm afraid to go back. It's GOT to get better than, right? My favorite was "Father's Day", but it seemed like that quality of episode was kinda rare :(

Not sure I want to get the rest of the books if I never watch the show again :(
That Olympics episode where the girl draws things that come to life is by far the very worst episode in the series. I have plenty of issues with the show, especially with the way Steven Moffat runs it after taking over, but I still think it's solid and enjoy watching it. I don't think any other episodes have been that bad.
"Fear Her" was terrible but no more or less than many of the other terrible shows in the new series. I'm a longtime Whovian (started watching in the early to mid-'80s, when I first became of aware of the show) and the quality of the individual stories has always been highly variable. If you got past that one, the two-parter that closed out Series 2 was fantastic and one of the more-restrained of the series finales that we got with the new Who. Both Davies and Moffat have a tendency to go batshit-crazy when it comes to writing finales and we end up with some weird and sometimes nonsensical tales, some of which just work because the characters and the actors hold it together and some of which tend to collapse under their own weight. The Series 3 finale was abominable for any number of reasons which I won't spoil for anyone who hasn't seen it (but don't watch it--really, don't). However you can forgive all of Series 3's shortcomings if you just watch "Human Nature"/"The Family of Blood" (and Moffat's second offering in the show, "Blink," is also quite good). Series 4 is generally more consistently not-terrible, with "Silence in the Library"/"The Forest of the Dead" being the standout story. Tennant's (not quite) last appearance in "The End of Time" is also one of those things that has its moments but is best not dwelt-upon overlong. Series 5 is quite good until you see the appearance of Moffat's new brand of excess in the Pandorica story. Series 6 returns to the general uneven quality that marked many past series, but Moffat's first Christmas special, "A Christmas Carol," is brilliant. Series 7 is once again a mixed bag, with "The Power of Three" being the only standout in the first part, but the second part making amends with several terrific episodes, including "The Bells of Saint John", "Cold War", "Hide", and "Nightmare in Silver." The 50th anniversary stuff, sadly, was a bit of a mess, and "The Time of the Doctor," Smith's swan-song, even more so. You're actually much better off just listening to "The Light at the End" because it's much less rubbish than what the Beeb put together.

Another aspect of the show I disliked at this point was that Rose and the Doctor were always looking super chipper, holding hands and looking like they were sharing some private joke. I don't know what bothered me so much about it, it just seemed overdone. Maybe I just dislike happy people.
If it's any consolation, Rose's departure changes the Doctor's relationship with his future companions significantly. What you're referring to was actually deliberate because it was intended to show the effect that she was having on him.

True, but I'm not sure that's really a big factor here. Rather, ebook buyers, including ebook bundle buyers, are nuts in their willingness to shell out. The Humble Ebook bundles have all had very high averages, as have the Storybundles. Maybe it's a factor of ebooks not seeing the same sort of non-bundle sales that PC games do.
This may be true to some extent, but a lot of this genuinely is the Doctor Who factor. I won't BTA a lot of ebook bundles, but for Doctor Who stuff, I absolutely will. And many Whovians feel that way. When Storybundle had a Who bundle, I BTA'd that one but I haven't BTA'd any of the actual Humble ebook bundles because they were generally >$10 and that kind of $$ for books I may or may not read is crazy talk.

New Humble Daily Bundle - The Banner Saga:

• The Banner Saga Artwork
  • The Banner Saga Factions - Starter Pack
BTA for:
  • The Banner Saga Factions - Variations Pack
Pay $15 or more for:
  • The Banner Saga
Humble and Groupees have just gone in the crapper at this point. I have no other explanation for these. These things are sucktacular.

If I wanted to pay <40% off MSRP on a game, I could just buy it off the store. I'd have to be an idiot to buy this "bundle" for The Banner Saga, when it will inevitably be at least 50% off during the Spring or Summer sales and probably at least 66% by the Winter sale.

What? Shitty platformer bundle repeats is awesome! You can pay $10 for King Arthur's Gold. That's the lowest it has ever been when in the top tier of a Humble Bundle.
Er, yeah. When even platformer paladin MNS dumps on a bundle of platformers, you know it's time to pack it in. It really probably wouldn't be so bad if most of these weren't repeats from other bundles. At least bundle together a bunch of new crappy games like Indie Royale!

Well, I'm posting to smugly gloat. I told you so.

The Banner Saga is in a high priced fixed tier as I predicted.

When you you people going to learn... just because a game is in a Humble Bundle doesn't mean it's a good deal.

tombstone_php_line1_Humble_Bundle_line2_line3_B.jpg
What can I say?

I feel like this guy:

GLX9VuI.png

when he found out his sister hadn't really been kidnapped by aliens.

I wanted to believe.

Now,

52IFwBn.png

"Fear Her" was terrible but no more or less than many of the other terrible shows in the new series. I'm a longtime Whovian (started watching in the early to mid-'80s, when I first became of aware of the show) and the quality of the individual stories has always been highly variable. If you got past that one, the two-parter that closed out Series 2 was fantastic and one of the more-restrained of the series finales that we got with the new Who. Both Davies and Moffat have a tendency to go batshit-crazy when it comes to writing finales and we end up with some weird and sometimes nonsensical tales, some of which just work because the characters and the actors hold it together and some of which tend to collapse under their own weight. The Series 3 finale was abominable for any number of reasons which I won't spoil for anyone who hasn't seen it (but don't watch it--really, don't). However you can forgive all of Series 3's shortcomings if you just watch "Human Nature"/"The Family of Blood" (and Moffat's second offering in the show, "Blink," is also quite good). Series 4 is generally more consistently not-terrible, with "Silence in the Library"/"The Forest of the Dead" being the standout story. Tennant's (not quite) last appearance in "The End of Time" is also one of those things that has its moments but is best not dwelt-upon overlong. Series 5 is quite good until you see the appearance of Moffat's new brand of excess in the Pandorica story. Series 6 returns to the general uneven quality that marked many past series, but Moffat's first Christmas special, "A Christmas Carol," is brilliant. Series 7 is once again a mixed bag, with "The Power of Three" being the only standout in the first part, but the second part making amends with several terrific episodes, including "The Bells of Saint John", "Cold War", "Hide", and "Nightmare in Silver." The 50th anniversary stuff, sadly, was a bit of a mess, and "The Time of the Doctor," Smith's swan-song, even more so. You're actually much better off just listening to "The Light at the End" because it's much less rubbish than what the Beeb put together.

If it's any consolation, Rose's departure changes the Doctor's relationship with his future companions significantly. What you're referring to was actually deliberate because it was intended to show the effect that she was having on him.

This may be true to some extent, but a lot of this genuinely is the Doctor Who factor. I won't BTA a lot of ebook bundles, but for Doctor Who stuff, I absolutely will. And many Whovians feel that way. When Storybundle had a Who bundle, I BTA'd that one but I haven't BTA'd any of the actual Humble ebook bundles because they were generally >$10 and that kind of $$ for books I may or may not read is crazy talk.

Humble and Groupees have just gone in the crapper at this point. I have no other explanation for these. These things are sucktacular.

If I wanted to pay <40% off MSRP on a game, I could just buy it off the store. I'd have to be an idiot to buy this "bundle" for The Banner Saga, when it will inevitably be at least 50% off during the Spring or Summer sales and probably at least 66% by the Winter sale.

Er, yeah. When even platformer paladin MNS dumps on a bundle of platformers, you know it's time to pack it in. It really probably wouldn't be so bad if most of these weren't repeats from other bundles. At least bundle together a bunch of new crappy games like Indie Royale!

What can I say?

I feel like this guy:

GLX9VuI.png

I wanted to believe.

Now,

52IFwBn.png
fuck you! I'm watching X Files for the first time and you've spoiled it all! Spoiled it all!

"Pay what you want for The Banner Saga!"
It only took them several hours, but they finally changed that line to "The Humble Daily Bundle featuring The Banner Saga".

I agree that this package should have been sold as an exclusive for the Humble Store instead of trying to pass it off as a traditional bundle with no standalone games in the lower tiers. I can't imagine anyone BTA'ing just to get another DLC for Factions, especially with the BTA price now over the retail price of that DLC, so just about all the sales from this bundle have to be from those getting the $15 tier. It's not a bad $15 package; you're getting more content here at a lower price than Steam's last sale on TBS. But, to try to pass this off as PWYW is disingenuous and paints what would otherwise be a decent Store offer in a bad light.

It only took them several hours, but they finally changed that line to "The Humble Daily Bundle featuring The Banner Saga".

I agree that this package should have been sold as an exclusive for the Humble Store instead of trying to pass it off as a traditional bundle with no standalone games in the lower tiers. I can't imagine anyone BTA'ing just to get another DLC for Factions, especially with the BTA price now over the retail price of that DLC, so just about all the sales from this bundle have to be from those getting the $15 tier. It's not a bad $15 package; you're getting more content here at a lower price than Steam's last sale on TBS. But, to try to pass this off as PWYW is disingenuous and paints what would otherwise be a decent Store offer in a bad light.
45718833.jpg

So you're sure about the year then?

I take it you like your burgers extremely rare
yep, like good humble bundle deals lately.

Whoever actually doesn't have a game in this week's Weakly should probably stop using Steam altogether. Clearly, you are doing it wrong.
woohoo, I don't have any of those.

fuck you! I'm watching X Files for the first time and you've spoiled it all! Spoiled it all!

OMG way to ruin the show for me!
#fakenerds

What can I say?

I feel like this guy:

GLX9VuI.png

I wanted to believe.

Now,

52IFwBn.png
get in ur dungeon yo!

I feel another pay-what-you-want with a minimum of $15 for an actual game coming tomorrow.
There's nothing to stop them at $15 at this point either. Seems their top tiers have been progressively inching up.

Oh and you can count on something from Tim Schafer again soon. He probably hired 12 more employees in the time that I wrote this and needs to get their yearly salaries lined up.

What can I say?

I feel like this guy:

GLX9VuI.png

I wanted to believe.

Now,

52IFwBn.png
What? I thought it turned out she had been abducted by aliens, returned to earth, then died?

Really though X-Files was such a clusterfuck of retcons and plotholes I really can't believe it survived as long as it did.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the show, but solely for the great monster of the week episodes. The overall plot was pure shit, and it was very damn apparent early on the writers had no idea where they wanted to go and were just riding it out for as long as they could. Which turned out to be like 10 years lol lol. Too bad she wasn't immortal like Scully rofl.

Seriously, don't bother. Like I said above the overarching plots were pure shit, they make Days of Our Lives look like the goddamned Walking Dead of Breaking Bad by comparison. The monster of the week episodes often had a lot to love, but even then there are still so many better shows out there that it's probably not worth sitting through the crap.

Last edited:

What can I say?

I feel like this guy:

GLX9VuI.png

I wanted to believe.

Now,

52IFwBn.png
Man... Moffat's writing sounds like comics scribe Grant Morrison. Maybe I just won't get back into Dr, Who :( I hate overly epic confusing stories.

Huh. Well, it seems like that should make some kind of headline somewhere: "Doctor Who Fan Makes People Hate Doctor Who."
I know how that feels, there are tons of Nintendo fans and Trekkies that get on my nerves big time, even though I love both myself.

I know most people in this thread think the daily bundle right now is the most offensive thing they've ever seen, but I'm really tempted to get it. I enjoyed the f2p multi quite a bit when it first came out and I doubt the base game will get much cheaper than 12.50 until the end of the year. I guess the game will be in a proper bundle one day. I'm not dying to buy any more games right now, but Banner Saga is pretty much #1 on my list of games to buy.

Ugh, can't decide, but I'll take these types of deals over repeats any day.

I know most people in this thread think the daily bundle right now is the most offensive thing they've ever seen, but I'm really tempted to get it. I enjoyed the f2p multi quite a bit when it first came out and I doubt the base game will get much cheaper than 12.50 until the end of the year. I guess the game will be in a proper bundle one day. I'm not dying to buy any more games right now, but Banner Saga is pretty much #1 on my list of games to buy.

It will be cheaper than 12.50 on Steam before the end of the year or I'll eat my hat.

I know how that feels, there are tons of Nintendo fans and Trekkies that get on my nerves big time, even though I love both myself.
Well, normally, I just make people hate me, not third parties or unrelated phenomena, so it's novel to me.

Yeah, I have a bunch of Steam credit to burn so I should probably wait. At the absolute worst, I'll probably have to wait until January and pick it up from Amazon for like $5.

I was tempted by the f2p stuff, but the starter pack is only $3, so it's not even really worth the $1 min and I don't think I care about the variations pack.

OTOH, charity, hmmmmm.

For $11.50 more you can get an AMD rewards card off of ebay.

This post is highly offensive to me.

bread's done
Back