Humble Bundle Thread

Wait - what the heck took you so long to finally turn into a PC gamer and a CAG? ;)
I was a PC gamer until around the time I left college. By then, both my desktop and my laptop weren't really suited to play games anymore, so I ended up picking a cheap 360 slim, and then a cheap Wii (which is right around when I signed up for CAG). Enjoyed those for a few years, found out about Humble last year and how cheap PC games have gotten, and got a much better computer this past holiday. So now I'm back. :p

Not to mention, I'm really not too thrilled with the current gen (PS4/Xbone/Wii U), so I figured it was time to bail.

:rofl:

If Squeenix games don't go cheap enough for you, your only hope is

Pie_Rat.jpg
Not outside the realm of possibility, Sleeping Dogs was recently low enough for me to pick it up. It's only a matter of time for their other games. The key point here are that I pretty much own all these titles already, just on my 360. I'm in no hurry, they'll hit 85% off or show up in some sort of bundle (whether through Amazon or not) sooner or later. Same with Rockstar's stuff.

To illustrate my point, these are all the Squeenix games I can find on Steam that I own on console:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360)

Tomb Raider (360)

Just Cause 2 (360)

Sleeping Dogs + All DLC (360)

Tomb Raider Anniversary (360)

Hitman Blood Money (360)

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (360)

Hitman Contracts (360)

Hitman Absolution: Professional Edition/Hitman: Sniper Challenge (360)

Lara Croft + The Guardian of Light + All DLC (360)

FFVII (PSX)

FFVIII (PSX)

Tomb Raider Underworld + All DLC (360)

Dungeon Siege 3 (360)

Kane & Lynch 1 (360)

Kane & Lynch 2 (360)

Mini-Ninjas (360)

Quantum Conundrum (360)

American Mensa Academy (360)

See now why I'm waiting for a bundle? They already have enough of my money. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a PC gamer until around the time I left college. By then, both my desktop and my laptop weren't really suited to play games anymore, so I ended up picking a cheap 360 slim, and then a cheap Wii (which is right around when I signed up for CAG). Enjoyed those for a few years, found out about Humble last year and how cheap PC games have gotten, and got a much better computer this past holiday. So now I'm back. :p

Not to mention, I'm really not too thrilled with the current gen (PS4/Xbone/Wii U), so I figured it was time to bail.

Not outside the realm of possibility, Sleeping Dogs was recently low enough for me to pick it up. It's only a matter of time for their other games. The key point here are that I pretty much own all these titles already, just on my 360. I'm in no hurry, they'll hit 85% off or show up in some sort of bundle (whether through Amazon or not) sooner or later. Same with Rockstar's stuff.

To illustrate my point, these are all the Squeenix games I can find on Steam that I own on console:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360)

Tomb Raider (360)

Just Cause 2 (360)

Sleeping Dogs (360)

Tomb Raider Anniversary (360)

Hitman Blood Money (360)

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (360)

Hitman Contracts (360)

Hitman Absolution: Professional Edition/Hitman: Sniper Challenge (360)

Lara Croft + The Guardian of Light (360)

FFVII (PSX)

FFVIII (PSX)

Tomb Raider Underworld (360)

Dungeon Siege 3 (360)

Kane & Lynch 1 (360)

Kane & Lynch 2 (360)

Mini-Ninjas (360)

Quantum Conundrum (360)

American Mensa Academy (360)
So you don't really need them, and you're just complaining like a broken toaster.

This is really YOUR PROBLEM due to your POOR LIFE CHOICES of buying all those pc games on console.

tumblr_muw7s9Kge01qm83s0o1_500.jpg

So you don't really need them, and you're just complaining like a broken toaster.

This is really YOUR PROBLEM due to your POOR LIFE DECISIONS of buying all those pc games on console.
Never said I needed them in general. Just for PC. I'd welcome a Squeenix Humble with open arms to massively cut down on the costs associated with double-dipping on all of those games.

And I never said it wasn't my problem (I said they're never low enough for me). Or that they weren't poor life decisions, but that was a lifetime ago when I was shackled as a console peasant. :p

Edit: I also don't think I was complaining. :whistle2:k

Never said I needed them in general. Just for PC. I'd welcome a Squeenix Humble with open arms to massively cut down on the costs associated with double-dipping on all of those games.

And I never said it wasn't my problem (I said they're never low enough for me). Or that they weren't poor life decisions, but that was a lifetime ago when I was shackled as a console peasant. :p

Not what i saw

I was a PC gamer until around the time I left college.

<snip>

See now why I'm waiting for a bundle? They already have enough of my money.

None of this is fair, and for the record, you can bet your ass I'm complaining.

Not what i saw
Nah, I complain about shit all the time (see: my annoyance with Humble today) on here, but I'm not complaining about Squeenix's discounts (on the majority of their titles, FFVII and FFVIII could use some better sales but those are the only titles I can think of specifically). They have good MSRPs/discounts for the most part, and they're great for people who don't own the game in any format already. :mrgreen:

Stop crying over burnt toast. Sell those piteous 360 peasant games and buy them on Steam for cheaper, :newbie: .

Nah, I complain about shit all the time (see: my annoyance with Humble today) on here, but I'm not complaining about Squeenix's discounts (on the majority of their titles, FFVII and FFVIII could use some better sales but those are the only titles I can think of specifically). They have good MSRPs/discounts for the most part, and they're great for people who don't own the game in any format already. :mrgreen:
FFVII was $3... :newbie:

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/105096/ubi.com---final-fantasy-vii-pc-digital-download

Enough of this :newbie: talk. I don't have any Squenix games on PC because they didn't make any for PC (other than FFVII and FFVIII) until after they decided to start only making terrible games.

So I'll take a Squenix Humble Bundle for steamcount +x, plzkthx.

So, I pre-sold a copy of Worms: Clan Wars on SteamTrades for $4 and got an offer within a half-hour, so I managed to pick this bundle for $6 after all. A happy ending. :mrgreen:
Nope. Can't post that image.

I bought this on Steam when it was the same price recently and proceeded to put 31 hours into it of co-op (local only). I've only played a handful of the LEGO games but this one was by far my favorite. It's easy to recommend for $5.
I'll probably never buy another LEGO game at any price, but I find it weird that the newest iteration in the bunch has had such remarkable sales in such a relatively-short period of time. It makes me wonder whether Travellers Tales itself is now kinda sick of the idea of basically making the same game over and over with different IPs.

And does anyone else think that Rehearsals and Returns looks extremely f*cking weird?

Anyone else having trouble redeeming Humble games today? I bought QuestRun from the store but I keep getting the message 'Steam errored, please refresh page and try again'

Alan Wake is one of those games where they might as well make it free at this point because pretty much everyone who is willing to pay even the slightest amount of money for it has it by now.

New Flash Sales:

New Featured Sales:

Good price on Poker Night 1, especially if you like having DRM-free versions.

The rest doesn't seem so great, tbh.

The Euro 2 Truck Sim Gold was that price on Steam rather recently as well.

Any comments on the Commandos Collection?

Good price on Poker Night 1, especially if you like having DRM-free versions.

The rest doesn't seem so great, tbh.

The Euro 2 Truck Sim Gold was that price on Steam rather recently as well.

Any comments on the Commandos Collection?
The Commandos collection imho needs a good amount of fixes. The first 2 games run way too quickly (I tried fixes but they didn't seem to work well and the speed was still off). The other 2 I think are better in the speed department but could use the fixes for different screen resolutions. Slightly cleaner though. This sounds like blasphemy but it's likely better to get the full collection on GOG sometime, as at least with the original 2, they run normally and can be played well.

On another thought, two passes for today. Only two I want are Broforce and Blackguards but both are way out of my price range. Hoping around the winter sales I can get both for maybe 5 each...

The Commandos collection imho needs a good amount of fixes. The first 2 games run way too quickly (I tried fixes but they didn't seem to work well and the speed was still off). The other 2 I think are better in the speed department but could use the fixes for different screen resolutions. Slightly cleaner though. This sounds like blasphemy but it's likely better to get the full collection on GOG sometime, as at least with the original 2, they run normally and can be played well.

On another though passes for me, only two I want are Broforce and Blackguards but both are way out of my price range. Hoping around the winter sales I can get both for maybe 5 each...
Thanks. What makes the GOG versions special though? Specific fixes to the GOG versions? Buying it off the Humble Store also includes DRM-free versions, so I'm assuming similar fixes can be made to those versions, right?

Thanks. What makes the GOG versions special though? Specific fixes to the GOG versions? Buying it off the Humble Store also includes DRM-free versions, so I'm assuming similar fixes can be made to those versions, right?
I know GOG tunes the old games so they work pretty well and you get nifty extras like the manual. If humble is using DRM free GOG tuned versions (some games are like this on Steam too), they should run well. I don't have the humble version to tell though. The Commandos versions on Steam aren't GOG tuned versions though which is why I don't recommend them, and they take a lot of tuning to work decently.

New Featured Sales:

Hmm... interesting... that's exactly half of the BundleSaviors but with Toaster-Bait versions as well.

The Battleground Bundle - $3.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]

• American Conquest: Fight Back
  • Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
  • Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty
  • Commandos 2: Men of Courage
  • Commandos 3: Destination Berlin
  • Cossacks: Arts of War
  • Cossacks: Back to War
  • Cossacks II: Battle for Europe

And $0.31 cheaper than the expired

Ultimate Commandos ~$2.25 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]

I don't. Is there a good place I should go for a dirt cheap Steam key?
Humble Anal Wake Weekly, both Anal Wake games for a buck. They'd also been "hot deals" on GG.

Hmm... interesting... that's exactly half of the BundleSaviors

The Battleground Bundle - $3.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]

• American Conquest: Fight Back
  • Cossacks: Arts of War
  • Cossacks: Back to War
  • Cossacks II: Battle for Europe

And $0.31 cheaper than the expired

Ultimate Commandos ~$2.25 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]

Humble Anal Wake Weekly, both Anal Wake games for a buck. They'd also been "hot deals" on GG.
Yeah, I don't care about Cossacks (and it's incomplete anyways), and it comes with DRM-free versions, which is why it's a tempting price.

As for Anal Wake Weekly, that was a great deal, but even if they repeated it, I'm sure they'd fuck it up somehow.

Holy shit, Humble just hit a new low. :wall:

I'm sorry Motoki, I had no idea they'd pull this shit.

I think this is the first time there's only been a game in the BTA-tier. What the fuck are they doing?

I thought Banner Saga "Bundle" was bad, but this is just terrible.  How does one game make a bundle?  I think we need to send HB a dictionary to help them re-figure out what bundle really means.

I thought Banner Saga "Bundle" was bad, but this is just terrible. How does one game make a bundle? I think we need to send HB a dictionary to help them re-figure out what bundle really means.
At least Banner Saga gave you SOMETHING at the $1-tier that wasn't art book/music, even if it was DLC for a F2P game.

I am hate-pennying the fuck out of this one.

They should've used all these daily bundles as content for one regular bundle.

$8 for 4 copies ain't that bad. Likely only sane choice if you really want :D

And because there is nothing in the lower tier to pull the price down the average is going to continue to climb so you might as well buy 4 copies even if you only want one, but then you are basically paying full price for 1 copy.

At least Banner Saga gave you SOMETHING at the $1-tier that wasn't art book/music, even if it was DLC for a F2P game.

I am hate-pennying the fuck out of this one.
no that was art at the dollar tier then. And the FTP game dlc was over ten bucks then the actual game at 15.

And because there is nothing in the lower tier to pull the price down the average is going to continue to climb so you might as well buy 4 copies even if you only want one, but then you are basically paying full price for 1 copy.
Apperantly it was $1.99 at Humble Store. So much lol.

They should've used all these daily bundles as content for one regular bundle.

$8 for 4 copies ain't that bad. Likely only sane choice if you really want :D
That's why it's a bundle. You get 4 games for $8.

They're all the same game but it's still a bundle, like a bundle of sticks is a bundle =P

*Puke* I was waiting for this Daily....This game looks ok though extremely repetitive so I would need to co-op with friends so only that tier seems good. Ugg....lame Humble!!!!!

No, the $1-tier came with this. It's a Starter Pack for the game that normally costs $3.
Sorry guess I just remembered it wrong which is easy to do when the thing you are trying to remember is someone trying their damnedest to bend you over and sodomize you with no lube.

Last edited:
Apperantly it was $1.99 at Humble Store. So much lol.
Yeah. I thought that was a trap because we were guaranteed a Hammerwatch bundle from the promo banner, so I advised Motoki to wait for the bundle. Not thinking they'd pull something this terrible. Even if the top-tier gets you 4 copies, that's still $2 a copy, which is the same as the sale price. :wall:

Holy shit, Humble just hit a new low. :wall:

I'm sorry Motoki, I had no idea they'd pull this shit.

I think this is the first time there's only been a game in the BTA-tier. What the fuck are they doing?
MAN FUNK DAT, Humble are a bunch of corporate whore San Francisco hipster startup just in it for the venture capital money to live the goodlife C U Next Tuesdays.

$2 one day, $6.25 the next or $8 if you buy the pack but then have to offload the rest. Obviously the BTA will stay high since no one in their right mind is going to buy one copy for over $6 when 3 4 is $8 and it was $2 by itself yesterday. The soundtrack and art for the PWYW/$1 tier is a joke. That stuff should be bonuses. That's just their lame excuse to make it a 'tiered bundle'.

If this is what it means to be humble and indie I will take EA and Ubisoft, thanks.

bread's done
Back