Humble Bundle Thread

toasters can evolve though, dammit.
Recycle-icon.png

I think what everyone should really celebrate is getting to experience John Romero's magnum opus.

(I posted that video seven years ago. Good lord.)
I can't believe I don't remember ever playing Daikatana. I definitely remember the pre-release hype that probably would have even embarrassed Peter Molyneux, but I don't remember the game at all.

I can't believe I don't remember ever playing Daikatana. I definitely remember the pre-release hype that probably would have even embarrassed Peter Molyneux, but I don't remember the game at all.
I've never owned nor played Daikatana.

Thanks to Squeenix HB, I can now own Romero + Killcreek's game that's gonna make me its....ummmm....

I got most of this stuff on GOG, heck I think I own the Thief 3 Pack 3 times over (I didn't buy Deadly Shadows way back when). It's an ok way to get some older S-E stuff but seems to be missing games all over the place. Pass!

I was thinking the same thing. I know I played it but remember nothing. That makes me think it was a pretty meh experience.

In this one for $1. Only have thief in that tier. Other than hitman that BTA tier looks like a dumping ground for their weaker titles.

Going in for a dollar at some point, only own Thief from that tier (have SA on PS2 but not PC).

Going to guess the bonus will be Contracts or Blood Money, considering they already put 3 of the 5 Hitman games in the bundle so far

Going in for a dollar at some point, only own Thief from that tier (have SA on PS2 but not PC).

Going to guess the bonus will be Contracts or Blood Money, considering they already put 3 of the 5 Hitman games in the bundle so far
Good guesses, but I feel Blood Money should have been a headliner if they were going to include it. Contracts only saw Steam-release this year. Both seem possible but a little unlikely.

Thief 2 & 3 are sufficiently old and worthless, and would seem to be better 2nd week additions candidates.

I'd toss in Battlestations Pacific and Kane & Lynch 1 in as a good candidates as well (despite having GFWL). Just Cause 1 wouldn't surprise me either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can the old Hitman games be played with a controller? If not, how well does it control with a keyboard and mouse?

$14.99 or more for Kane and Lynch 2 Dog days and some old ass games that've been pennies on Steam sales countless times? 

Oh shit son. You know what that means. 

LET"S GET READY TO BUNDLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Good guesses, but I feel Blood Money should have been a headliner if they were going to include it. Contracts only saw Steam-release this year. Both seem possible but a little unlikely.[/
Didn't realize Contracts only hit Steam recently, was leaning towards that of the two since, well, not many people go "Wow, I wish I owned Contracts." (sadly)

BM would probably hold headlines/word of mouth longer though while being too big (was my thought) but yeah may be too popular. Thief 2+3 I'd assume would probably do the same while being less big (again assuming) so you're probably more likely right.

Finally Mooby will shut up about the Humble Squeenix Bundle!
FTFY

I was on the road and didn't see it until this morning at $10.something. Ah, well.
Yeah, work's a bitch. It's hard to catch Humbles when they start these days, although this one came completely out of the blue. I'm not sure whether it will be worthwhile to grab the second tier, so I'll have to see what the unlocks are. The lame thing is I've already read Days Gone Bye and I have Invincible from one of the other comic bundles, so the first tier isn't too great either.

If anyone's curious, none of the $1 tier games include OSTs.
I might be tempted by the second or third tiers if the Tomb Raider 2013 soundtrack were included.

You know what's missing here? Square Enix games.

No, seriously - all of this stuff was developed by Western and European devs: Crystal Dynamics, Io interactive, Looking Glass Studios, Ion Storm, Avalanche Interactive, Eidos Montreal, and N-Fusion Interactive. Most of these were published by Eidos.

So Mooby was wrong. This isn't the Humble Square Enix Bundle... but the Humble Eidos Bundle.
Eh, while true, I can't think of any Square Enix-developed games that would excite me anyway.

I think Battlestations Pacific, the older Thief games, and the other Hitman games are likely bonuses.

I really hope The Last Remnant gets added to the second tier. I've been eyeing that for a while but never actually wanted to spend money on it

I know I'm part of the problem but I'm thinking about upping my donation to get the third tier. I don't own any of them, and there's a few worth having there. 

Honestly if you don't own the thief games by now you really aren't a cag.

Also if you don't own the thief games you should get on that.
i grabbed the Thief Gold from the glorious Amazon Tony's day.. but seriously, the game ages so bad that it hurts my eyes to run through it. Not to mention the mechanic is a bit old school. I think it's best to leave the series to the rosy nostalgic memory and wait for a proper modern remake of Thief (not counting the crappy Thief 2014 reboot)

I really hope The Last Remnant gets added to the second tier. I've been eyeing that for a while but never actually wanted to spend money on it

I know I'm part of the problem but I'm thinking about upping my donation to get the third tier. I don't own any of them, and there's a few worth having there.
I guarantee it will, since I just bought it during the Steam sale. That the way Bundles work right?

New Humble Books Bundle - Transformers:

• Transformers Classics, Vol. 1-4
Beat the Average for:

• Transformers: All Hail Megatron, Vol. 1-4
  • Transformers: Autocracy
  • Transformers: Spotlight, Vol. 1
Pay $15 or more for:

• Transformers: More than Meets the Eye, Vol. 1 & 2
  • Transformers: Robots in Disguise, Vol. 1 & 2

New Humble Store Daily Deal:

Other Humble Store sales:

Oh good, Transformers, I've always loved the franchise for its deep and expertly written narratives so I'm sure these books will be great.

Oh good, Transformers, I've always loved the franchise for its deep and expertly written narratives so I'm sure these books will be great.
Sarcasm font added for MysterD.

I love how you have to BTA of $15 to get titles based on their theme song. HB is so disappointing.

According to Michael Bay, Transformers are made of Transformium. While I don't necessarily wish death unto him, I do hope he gets stabbed in his love stick.

I have a tab open on the Transformers bundle with the BTA at $4.40. That's almost half off the current average price. Anybody want it?

You pay via Paypal and I'll buy a gift copy and send you the link.

EDIT: Gone.

This is not sarcasm. Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye is one of the best comics on the stands today. Great characterization. Great humor. Great action. I'm pretty picky when it comes to comics, and I can't recommend the book enough.

bread's done
Back