Humble Bundle Thread

I know I don't have any nostalgic feelings towards these as by the time they were coming out I was like hmmph baby games!!!!! They look good and if the complete pack was like $7 or less I would consider it...but yeah I can pass on this nostalgia I never had.

hmm.. never heard of any of these.  the only game I played religiously back then was Oregon Trail but too bad, you can't find a digital version of it anywhere

hmm.. never heard of any of these. the only game I played religiously back then was Oregon Trail but too bad, you can't find a digital version of it anywhere
Just buy Organ Trail. It's the same thing, but with zombies. Oregon Trail + Number Munchers is where it's at.

hmm.. never heard of any of these. the only game I played religiously back then was Oregon Trail but too bad, you can't find a digital version of it anywhere
Below the Root was it for me. I loved that game but it's old as dirt now and you can't really find it anywhere legit AFAIK.

I played all these games as a kid and loved em. I'd love the complete pack but I have a feeling it'll be better to wait for a better bundle. $20 for nostalgia and for any future kids I may have to play is just too much. May jump on the $1 tier for now. Really curious why the backyard sports games haven't been brought to Steam. Those may have been the funnest sports games I've ever played. 

I want a digital playable version of Stay Tooned but I don't think that's happening ever :(
Nor will they ever release Midnight Rescue! I loved that game so much that in second grade, I played it for so long that I pissed myself in the seat. Kinda like what 30-year-old WoW players do.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCrEB73Mgrs[/youtube]

Doom was for sissies. Freddi Fish is for men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwh9iUtX4Fc
I like the bloody fish chunks. Damn u dark Freddi.

I was strongly considering buying the whole pack at $20 for my rug rats kids, but they already like to play games like Portal, Burnout, Terraria, and Minecraft and these look like they're more for very young children. Have I gotten the wrong impression of these games?

Edit: nostalgia plays no part in this for me since I was well out of school age before these were even released.
Eh, kids these days aren't going to be all that impressed with educational 90s PC games. I played them all the time because they were funner than real schoolwork, and I know how cheesy and dated they are. I mean sure... you can MAKE them play them, and fool them into thinking that's the best they can get, but are we really going to trick our (mostly hypothetical) children into playing these games just to sate our own nostalgia fixes?

Okay, Izod and Drabe are, but the rest of us?

Nor will they ever release Midnight Rescue! I loved that game so much that in second grade, I played it for so long that I pissed myself in the seat. Kinda like what 30-year-old WoW players do.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCrEB73Mgrs[/youtube]
Still have that installed on my IIsi.

*I used to have a copy of one of the versions of Oregon Trail on my old laptop a few years back, now that they came out with that facebook game though it might be pretty hard to impossible to find a download though. 

Same thing happened with Yoot Tower, the devs re-released it for iPad and thus is near impossible to find anywhere except on iPad.

Anybody interested in the steam link/key for the Humongous Entertainment complete pack for $15? I'm willing to settle for the DRM-Free copies of the games, but $5 is the most that I'd be willing to spend. If anybody wants to split the bundle, let me know.

EDIT: I pennyed in, just in case

EDIT #2: Deal is done

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the bloody fish chunks. Damn u dark Freddi.

Eh, kids these days aren't going to be all that impressed with educational 90s PC games. I played them all the time because they were funner than real schoolwork, and I know how cheesy and dated they are. I mean sure... you can MAKE them play them, and fool them into thinking that's the best they can get, but are we really going to trick our (mostly hypothetical) children into playing these games just to sate our own nostalgia fixes?

Okay, Izod and Drabe are, but the rest of us?
I bought them for me, by them time my kid is old enough to play games he isn't going to play this trash.

That being said, I imagine if he does play games it will be on a console of some sort like the normal kids at school.

Oh man, Squeenix Bundle bonuses are going to be epic(ally bad).
I'm hopeful. They will be premiering FF IX through Humble Bundle. Everything gets Linux support too. You'll see.

tumblr_m8q4y5WixL1rdutw3o1_500.gif

New Humble Square Enix Bundle BTA Unlocks:

• Hitman: Blood Money
  • Hitman: Contracts
  • Just Cause
  • The Last Remnant

New Humble Store Daily Deal:

Square Enix Week Humble Store Promotion:

Other Humble Store sales:

New Humble Store Daily Deal:
Square Enix Week Humble Store Promotion:

So now they're just mocking us.

Anybody interested in the steam link/key for the Humongous Entertainment complete pack for $15? I'm willing to settle for the DRM-Free copies of the games, but $5 is the most that I'd be willing to spend. If anybody wants to split the bundle, let me know.

Actually, I might, if greenday didn't already.

Meh, don't really feel bad about buying the few I didn't have solo during Steam sale.  Cost comes out to about the same minus extra copies of stuff.

All I need is Hitman Contracts, so a pass for me.

sch0oldaze was nice enough to PM me Contracts!

Definitely mocking us.

That said, I'm shocked a Japanese game somehow got mixed up in the SquareEnix bundle. Shocked and maybe a little offended? What does Squenix think they are, a Japanese developer?
I'm actually glad they didn't include more. Japanese games are bad enough, but when made by an American dev they tend to be even worse than usual.

Anybody know if WRC works on Windows 8? It seems a lot of people on Steam have that problem, and half say it does and half say it doesn't. If someone can actually verify that it does I wouldn't mind splitting a bundle for just that game if someone wants to go $5/$5.

I'm curious if you get dollar & BTA dups by first BTAing, then going all-in.

Oh man, Squeenix Bundle bonuses are going to be epic(ally bad).
Much better than I was expecting. I still own every single game in this bundle.

After completing my deal, I can confirm this.

Not quite sure what to do about that. I got my DRM-Free copies as well as 6 game keys for $5. Kinda feels like I fleeced my buying partner. Even if it was unintentional.

After completing my deal, I can confirm this.

Not quite sure what to do about that. I got my DRM-Free copies as well as 6 game keys for $5. Kinda feels like I fleeced my buying partner. Even if it was unintentional.
Considering Drabes and I paid more than $15 for that humongous Humongous pack and were fine with doing it I wouldn't feel too bad. There's nowhere else someone is going to get that entire pack for $15 right now and probably for a while.

I could get one off Tremor, but then I'd be spreading a virus that you can't get rid of.

This being said, if I find nothing better to get after the HIB bonuses get added, I'll probably pick it up myself. I bring shame upon my famiri again.

bread's done
Back