Humble Bundle Thread

Three games I don't own in the $1 tier, making them 33 cents each. Pfft, guess I'll buy it.

Fox - I've never played Lexica, but it should be interesting if it's Sudoku + Scrabble as they say it is. It looks like a crossword type game in the trailer...

Bleh weekly also have to point out last time I tried to play the Commando's games on Steam had to do many tweaks and couldn't even play the first one correctly. I really wouldn't recommend it.
that's why you should buy old games from GOG.. my copy works flawlessly as vanilla.. and I even modded it somewhat too (still run fine with mods)

that's why you should buy old games from GOG.. my copy works flawlessly as vanilla.. and I even modded it somewhat too (still run fine with mods)
Something something European something gamers.

Some games are better at GOG, others are better at Steam. Nothing wrong with owning both. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Something something European something gamers.

Some games are better at GOG, others are better at Steam. Nothing wrong with owning both. :p
I think what matters is you let the #fakeybro's of the world buy the game once it gets its version on its platform - whether Steam, GOG, or whatever.

Let them pay to be Beta testers. ;)

Pay attention to readers, gamers, reviews, technical forums - and see what version is the version to get.

New Humble Weekly Bundle - Merge Games:

• Lexica
  • Deadly 30
  • Bridge Constructor Medieval
  • Battle Group 2
Pay $6 or more for:

• Commandos Collection
  • The Book of Legends
  • Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
Pay $9 or more for:

• Meridian: New World (Early Access)
Sweet. Great $1 tier, I almost bought Lexica for $1.49 in Steamcards cash the other day.

Sweet. Great $1 tier, I almost bought Lexica for $1.49 in Steamcards cash the other day.
Played it a bit so far and I like it. From the Sudoku angle, though, it feels like cheating since I often end up making educated guesses and more or less brute forcing it. Nature of the beast I suppose.

New Humble Store Flash Sales:

Humble Store End of Summer Sale (Day 12):

If for some reason you don't have this, but have been eyeing up Age of Wonders III, get AoW: SM and see if you like it. AoWIII is same game but a little prettier. AoW: SM holds up pretty well.

Recommended for turn-based fantasy strategy bods.

:whee:
You just described me exactly. Guess I'd better bump up Shadow Magic in the backlog! Thanks for the rec.

New Humble Store Flash Sales:

Humble Store End of Summer Sale (Day 13):

yep it should be $2.50
AND deluxe version.

oaHl4nv.png

It is worth buying blacklist for Uplay? How are the updates?
Just beat Blacklist a couple of weeks ago and it is a more in line with Conviction than the older Splinter Cells which I liked. Uplay is just like Steam/Origin and it is mostly an overlay in the game and an engine to start the game. The game is older so I don't think it will be getting any updates but if it did Ubisoft makes the games and Uplay so it will update quick.

uPlay is actually pretty bad at updating older games and relies on in-game updater on Blacklist, which might or might not work and need to downloads each patch sequentially (Blacklist has 3 patches after initial download).

Just beat Blacklist a couple of weeks ago and it is a more in line with Conviction than the older Splinter Cells which I liked. Uplay is just like Steam/Origin and it is mostly an overlay in the game and an engine to start the game. The game is older so I don't think it will be getting any updates but if it did Ubisoft makes the games and Uplay so it will update quick.
uPlay is actually pretty bad at updating older games and relies on in-game updater on Blacklist, which might or might not work and need to downloads each patch sequentially (Blacklist has 3 patches after initial download).
I don't mind using other clients, like Origin. I like the uPlay rewards thing and don't mind uPlay through Steam... but I heard too many bad things about the uPlay client and the updating tool/method. I don't want to go through holes to play a game unless it's a classic one.

BTW, I loved Conviction ;)

Wow, Blacklist for 4.49. Think it is a price bug?
yep it should be $2.50
AND deluxe version.

oaHl4nv.png
And Steam.

I don't mind using other clients, like Origin. I like the uPlay rewards thing and don't mind uPlay through Steam... but I heard too many bad things about the uPlay client and the updating tool/method. I don't want to go through holes to play a game unless it's a classic one.

BTW, I loved Conviction ;)
There's nothing to be afraid of with Uplay... it's just that if it's not on Steam... well it doesn't really exist when I looking for my next game to play.

And Steam.

There's nothing to be afraid of with Uplay... it's just that if it's not on Steam... well it doesn't really exist when I looking for my next game to play.
UPlay needs a better system for handling its updates, more so than anything else. Origin even does a better job w/ this than UPlay, for crying out loud.

IIRC, your patch-installer EXE's from UPlay that games take automatically actually goes somewhere - I can't recall where. I think it's somewhere in UPlay folder or Windows' Temp folder somewhere, IIRC.

That's a great price on Castle of Illusion. Barring a Capcom bundle, I doubt you'll see it any lower than that.
If you've played the original, you'll love this new version. They really took good care of every detail that made the old one a classic.

bread's done
Back