Humble Bundle Thread

Because you're a completely reasonable human being who doesn't want to leave anything that could possibly distinguish you to anybody who goes snooping sufficiently deeply--or these would-be "friends."
4516915f662e8fad80f657d9c49bc5b9.jpg

anyone else go for the 2nd tier just for Shantae? Dont care about twitch or the runner game, just wanted shantae.. wonder if it was worth the extra $5

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a $10 game that's already been bundled once. It will be 75% off for $2.50 at some point and in all likelihood end up bundled again.

If you're buying it just for that one game and are truly intending to play it now then fine, but for people who will just backlog it anyway if that's all you want out of that tier you might as well wait.

I doubt anyone cares very much, but I'm just tossing this out here anyway for the Whovians:

Despite the label, the soon-to-be-departed books bundle is actually not a gaggle of audiobooks--they're audio plays. This is not a distinction without a difference. An audiobook is basically exactly what it sounds like: a person sitting in a recording booth reading the text of a book. IMO, they're as dull as dirt. Big Finish produces full-cast audio plays with music and sound effects. The Dalek Empire stories (series 1 and 2) will only have Nicholas Briggs as a recognizable name to people who only watch the television series (series 3 features a character played by David Tennant). The stage plays are exactly what they sound like: dramatizations of stories originally presented theatrically, and, as such, only really available to people who were lucky enough to be of a certain age and live in Britain. "Curse of the Daleks" is the least Doctor Who-ish of these as it features only Daleks as it was not produced/authorized/endorsed by the BBC and could not use any of the BBC's copyrights. "The Seven Keys to Doomsday" is a play from the '70s that was written for Jon Pertwee but actually featured the actor who is in this version, Trevor Martin, as the Doctor. "The Ultimate Adventure" is a play from the '80s featuring Colin Baker, who reprises his role in the Big Finish version. Additionally, The Lost Stories adventures are 8 audio adapations of stories that were going to be produced with the Sixth Doctor that were nixed when he was abruptly replaced by Sylvester McCoy. Naturally, these star Baker and Nicola Bryant (as Peri), and if you haven't heard any of Colin Baker's previous plays with Big Finish as the Sixth Doctor, you really owe it to yourself to pick up this bundle. 

This is easily the best deal I snagged during the Steam sale! The individual Big Finish stories usually go for $12-15 per download. 

Thanks for making that distinction, warreni!  I have zero interest in audiobooks, but i'm a huge fan of radio serials.  Would have kicked myself for missing this due to my consistent apathy towards the "books" bundles.

Wow, talk about great timing.  I checked out this thread basically because I just bought the Doctor Who Audio bundle, hoping to find someone who would chime in on the details.  Thanks, warreni!

Is there a particular order I should listen to these in?  I've read some are better than others, etc.  I suppose as long as I'm just listening to a good audio play that's good enough for me.  Thanks for any advice!

Wow, talk about great timing.  I checked out this thread basically because I just bought the Doctor Who Audio bundle, hoping to find someone who would chime in on the details.  Thanks, warreni!

Is there a particular order I should listen to these in?  I've read some are better than others, etc.  I suppose as long as I'm just listening to a good audio play that's good enough for me.  Thanks for any advice!

Wow, talk about great timing. I checked out this thread basically because I just bought the Doctor Who Audio bundle, hoping to find someone who would chime in on the details. Thanks, warreni!

Is there a particular order I should listen to these in? I've read some are better than others, etc. I suppose as long as I'm just listening to a good audio play that's good enough for me. Thanks for any advice!
I haven't had time to listen to any yet personally, but fortunately, this is an easy question to answer:

The Dalek Empire stories are three separate series, so just listen in numerical order (1.1 - 3.6) and you're good to go. The stage plays are completely unconnected stories, so you can listen to those in any order. After reviewing the descriptions on Big Finish's site, I can say the Lost Stories are the same way, basically audio versions of unproduced Doctor Who serials. The first two are pseudo-sequels to The Celestial Toymaker and Vengeance on Varos (I'm not sure how the events of Mission to Magnus relate to what transpires in the Trial of a Time Lord sequence, and those stories were so terrible I'd personally just as soon view this as a standalone tale).

Excellent info, 13 days and 23 hours too late.
fuck. Double fuck. Had I actually looked into this, it would've been an insta-buy. I'm not a huge fan of audiobooks, for the most part. The lone exception I have experienced to this point would be the Harry Potter series, as read, nay, performed by Jim Dale. Each and every character had a distinct voice that, after a few lines, can be easily picked out without a name attached to the quote. I imagine these were probably even better than that, and because I decided to eat lunch... I missed warreni's description and the bundle altogether.

screen-shot-2012-01-06-at-7-40-25-pm.png

fuck. Double fuck. Had I actually looked into this, it would've been an insta-buy. I'm not a huge fan of audiobooks, for the most part. The lone exception I have experienced to this point would be the Harry Potter series, as read, nay, performed by Jim Dale. Each and every character had a distinct voice that, after a few lines, can be easily picked out without a name attached to the quote. I imagine these were probably even better than that, and because I decided to eat lunch... I missed warreni's description and the bundle altogether.
Sorry. I actually meant to post this a week or so ago, but my post-holiday days and nights have been rather crazy. Also, I seriously figured the reaction to my initial post would be something like, "oh, who cares, I hate audiobooks of any kind" or "yeah, I already know these aren't audiobooks in the conventional sense, nerd!"

You need to penny lock day one. You get a whole month to think about it and then forget to increase your payment till a couple days after it expires.

You need to penny lock day one. You get a whole month to think about it and then forget to increase your payment till a couple days after it expires.
Just goes to show how disappointing Humble has been... I can't even be bothered to remember to penny lock anymore. No one's fault but my own.

Who's ready for some comics?

tinyfeyfive.gif

Humble Image Comics Bundle 2

Free Issues begin on day 2

Pay What You Want
  • Image Expo 2015 Preview Book
  • Alex + Ada Vol. 1
  • Deadly Class Vol. 1
  • C.O.W.L. Vol. 1
  • Elephantmen 2260 Book One
  • Minimum Wage Vol. 1
  • God Hates Astronauts Vol. 1
  • Genius #1-5
  • Satellite Sam Vol. 1
Beat the Average
  • The Manhattan Projects Book One
  • The Wicked + The Divine Vol. 1
  • The Fuse Vol. 1
  • Velvet Vol. 1
  • Sex Criminals Vol. 1
  • Wytches #1
  • The Walking Dead Vol. 22: A New Beginning
  • The Fade Out #1
$18 or more
  • The Walking Dead Compendium One
  • East of West: The World
  • Saga Book One

Love Image as well and really want Sex Criminals....but not at that BTA price. 1 cent is good to check out the rest in the first tier though.

New Humble Weekly Bundle - MasterTronic:

• Montague's Mount
  • Blast 'Em! + Source Code
  • May's Mysteries: The Secret of Dragonville
  • The Shopkeeper
  • Richard & Alice
  • Speedball 2 HD
  • The Chaos Engine
Beat the Average for:

• Concursion
  • 10 Second Ninja
  • 0RBITALIS (Early Access)
  • Over 9000 Zombies! (Early Access)
Pay $15 or more for:

• Tango Fiesta (Early Access)
  • Dream (Early Access)
  • Runers

Even for just over $3, I can't really justify buying the second tier. The only game I was really interested in was Over 9000 Zombies, and I nabbed that in the auction for about a buck fitty.

Orbitalis is "meh", and the other two are undoubtedly going to be bundled to hell and back.

$1 tier it is, if only for the +4.

Wow, I really want Runers after seeing some gameplay on Twitch.  $15 is a bit too high for me though hopefully it will start its rounds in the bundle circuit.

I just won Montague's Mount in the auction during the winter sale but haven't even added it to my library yet, so yeah, you guys are welcome for that one.

bread's done
Back