Humble Bundle Thread

At the dollar level you might as well chance it. $3 starts getting rich for CAG blood and then you can start getting picky.
Which is why I dollar'd in. Surprisingly didn't have any of the lower tier. +7 for $1? Good trade-off regardless of what that +7 is.

Unsure about that BTA tier, probably skip it.

When has that ever stopped anyone here from buying a bundle?
I think the real question is: do any of these games +1?

The answer will only cost you one 10 Second Ninja, which can be sent directly to my messages.
I typically only buy things if I can see myself potentially playing and enjoying them at a later date...not buying a bundle just to add more games to steam account

i know, im a horrible person and what i just said indicates that i might be a sociopath but wutevar

Next time I see a "take a penny" dish, I will. Then I can get all this stuff for free!

Is that better?
Just so you know, in most cases here the penny thing is just a placeholder so people can lock in an average price and still give themselves time to think about it if they actually want the bundle and what tiers they want and so forth. It's a sort of 'Well just in case to cover my ass if I decide I want it later' thing. You can actually still change your amount and upgrade up to a month after a bundle ends.

(Almost) no one here who actually wants the games would pay a penny because no Steam keys. Now $1 we'd all pay in a hot minute. :p

I typically only buy things if I can see myself potentially playing and enjoying them at a later date...not buying a bundle just to add more games to steam account

i know, im a horrible person and what i just said indicates that i might be a sociopath but wutevar
I'm actually getting a bit more selective with what I purchase. I can't say anything looked that interesting in this one to me, but I didn't have any of them so +7 and 5 games with cards for a buck made me cave.

A-BOSS-is-like-a-diaper...-Always-on-your-A-and-FULL-of-.......jpg

+1 and CARDZZZZZZZ

Warning: The Chaos Engine is apparently a broken port - the netplay isn't working correctly and the game speed is not what it's supposed to be so that breaks several things about the game. The game has been somewhat broken because of that for over a year and the dev refuses to fix it - or maybe Mastertronic refuses to pay for the fixes. I dunno.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/242530/discussions/0/648811126585921077/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="kraftwerks" post="12396169" timestamp="1420743863"]Paid $20 for everything. Seemed more than fair for what's being offered.
A penny. Can't believe people really do that.[/quote]
Agree, I paid $50

I miss the full editor on the mobile/tapatalk version, I'm too lazy to code the yellow comic sans

I paid a penny and now Humble Bundle is 99¢ short from ending Game AIDS or whatever the charity of the week is. If only I had been more generous
I don't post much any more, though I do occasionally read some of the threads, and this time I feel obliged to post an FYI for those that care. From the bottom of the main HB page (though this applies to all bundles):

"[Payment processing fees] typically range between 1.9% and 5% + $0.05 to $0.30 depending on a number of factors including your location, purchase price, and payment method."

So for a $1 purchase, the absolute minimum payment processing fee seems to be about $0.07. Depending on the payment processor (e.g. using Paypal instead of a credit card directly at HB), it is more likely to be closer to $0.20 - $0.30. "Pennying in" always makes HB (and everyone else involved in a bundle) lose money.

Well, it says "typically" ranges from.  It's very possible that Humble Bundle had other  arrangements for those micro payments.  Or, to put it more bluntly, if they have a set up where they lose a nickel per penny purchase and yet continue to sell things for a penny, I don't feel bad for them at all.

That said, if I'm in, it's always for a buck minimum for the Steam keys.

Got a tab at $3 and a few pennies. Considering that NONE of the 4 games in the BTA-tier have ever been bundled before, and the lowest any of them has gone is $2 (before coupon), I'd say each game is probably worth 50 cents.

re: Penny

Their system allows for it and always has. Obviously they are doing well because they started from some little indie thing that happened once in a blue moon to 3 or 4 bundles at once and a store.

When something really becomes an issue that's massively abused they can and have stepped in to make changes. The penny Steam keys for example. Meanwhile they've experimented with and found ways to manipulate the average price to be on the higher end in most cases. They very clearly know what they are doing with their payment model and have been doing it for years now.

Also they've long since accepted large amounts of money from venture capitalists they have to answer to and are a business first, not a charity. While it's in their best business interests to keep that "Humble" and charitable image, you better believe that when all is said and done if something is causing them to lose lots of money they will change it.

re: Penny

Their system allows for it and always has. Obviously they are doing well because they started from some little indie thing that happened once in a blue moon to 3 or 4 bundles at once and a store.

When something really becomes an issue that's massively abused they can and have stepped in and make changes. The penny Steam keys for example. Meanwhile they've experimented with and found ways to manipulate the average price to be on the higher end in most cases.

Also they've long since accepted large amounts of money from venture capitalists that they have to answer to and are a business first, not a charity. While it's in their best business interests to keep that "Humble" and charitable image, you better believe that when all is said and done if something is causing them to lose lots of money they will change it.
3752879-9772726788-belie.jpg

Got a tab at $3 and a few pennies. Considering that NONE of the 4 games in the BTA-tier have ever been bundled before, and the lowest any of them has gone is $2 (before coupon), I'd say each game is probably worth 50 cents.
I thought that 10 Second Ninja and 0rbitalis had already been bundled... if not, I wonder what I was mixing them up with.

Well they look like shitty awful games that should be in 20 different bundles and most likely will be eventually, so there's that.

Well they look like shitty awful games that should be in 20 different bundles and most likely will be eventually, so there's that.
Yeah, I'm always surprised to see how high the sale prices for 10 Second Ninja have been. I remember when there was a ton of Steam coupons for it too.

Just so you know, in most cases here the penny thing is just a placeholder so people can lock in an average price and still give themselves time to think about it if they actually want the bundle and what tiers they want and so forth. It's a sort of 'Well just in case to cover my ass if I decide I want it later' thing. You can actually still change your amount and upgrade up to a month after a bundle ends.

(Almost) no one here who actually wants the games would pay a penny because no Steam keys. Now $1 we'd all pay in a hot minute. :p
Yeah, this is what I do. Not sure exactly when it caught on, but I guess we're all doing it now. I like having the 30 days to think about it.

The only time I see pennying in getting you anything (aside from hate pennying) is for DRM-free versions/soundtracks/shit from the Books and Mobile bundles.

RE: Humbles

The Weekly is a pretty decent $1 tier, mostly for Montague's Mount and Richard & Alice. The BTA stuff is nothing I'd pay anything extra for. Dream and Runers in the $15 look decent, but they'll be in more bundles cheaper down the road. 

The Books is not too great. Normally, I like the comics bundles, but there are only one or maybe two things in the first tier that I'd even read. The BTA tier has a few other things I might read but the price started out ridiculous and only went up from there. The $18 tier isn't bad if you want those giant collections of Walking Dead and Saga, but, meh. 

Seeing Speedball 2 brings back a  lot of nostalgic memories. One of my all-time favorite games. Tossing $1 for this one. :) 

More comics I will never read? SIGN ME UP!!!
If you don't like comics, you do you, but Image is great. I can attest to Alex + Ada, Wicked + The Divine, and Sex Criminals to be some of the best comics, just ever. The latter two were on plenty of top comics list for the year.

Wytches is pretty cool as well. And I hear nothing but praise for Deadly Class. Penny in, yo. Penny-in.

I don't know if this was mentioned before. If you bought Typing of the Dead from the first Sega HB, it's missing the free Football Manager DLC. If you activated it with a HB key and want that DLC, you'll have to buy the complete collection

If this is old news, I apologize. I had no idea until I tried playing it with Bobby and he noticed the DLC was missing.

http://blog.humblebundle.com/post/107906804069/changes-in-steam-key-redemption

A little over a year ago, we launched OAuth Steam key redemption, creating one-click Steam key redemption for games purchased through Humble Bundle. However, Steam is removing support for OAuth, so we’ll be returning to the system we used before, which requires you to manually redeem your Steam keys.

Starting today, go to your Steam desktop client and use the "Activate a Product on Steam" feature to redeem your keys.
edit - just noticed Foxhack posted this in the Steam thread already. My bad. F U, Foxhack! =P~

If Valve is going to enforce keys only then they need to get their shit together and do web activations. EA got that shit down a long time ago. Hell, even Desura did.

I'd say they could add activating keys to their app too, but that would requiring them breaking their 3 years streak of no updates.

If Valve is going to enforce keys only then they need to get their shit together and do web activations. EA got that shit down a long time ago. Hell, even Desura did.

I'd say they could add activating keys to their app too, but that would requiring them breaking their 3 years streak of no updates.
... didn't they fire their app team?

I went through ShiftySlug's account to find which Retroism games he owns. The amount of games he owns is very close to the amount in the bundle, so I suspect it'll contain these (minus 1 game).

Bloodnet
Gunship
Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender
Shadow ops
Silent service 2
Slave zero
The Undergarden
Tycoon City: New York

It wouldn't be so bad if steam wouldn't freeze* after entering any key. And they seriously effing need web-key-redeem.

*to the point that Windows asks, It think it crashed, shall I kill it?
I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens to. I just thought it was time to reinstall windows and refresh my OS. It's extremely annoying and even game updates tend to freeze Steam quite often. Or perhaps I really do need to reinstall... :whistle2:k

Perhaps tomorrow will bring HIB #14.

Some hopeful guesses at candidates (based on what's sold DRM-free + Steam key in the Humble Store):

Banished

Octodad

The Inner World

Among the Sleep

Neverending Nightmares

Outlast

Ether One

Rogue Legacy

Spelunky

Gods Will Be Watching

Shadowrun Returns

Schein