Humble Bundle Thread

What I think about the new Humble Bundle

image.png

I own pretty much all of them other than Super Splatters (don't really want) and Outlast (Do want but have it on PS4 through PS+ which I'd likely prefer to play). Huge pass. Also remember that often bonuses aren't main tier stuff. Not worth it for me at least. The money will go to my Etrian Mystery Dungeon fund.

Pennied in at $5.20. Hopefully the unlocks push me over the edge, because I'd really like to grab Torchlight 2, but I don't have strong feelings about La Mulana and I'm sick and tired of first-person horror. I actually find it less immersive than third person.

Pennied in at $5.20. Hopefully the unlocks push me over the edge, because I'd really like to grab Torchlight 2, but I don't have strong feelings about La Mulana and I'm sick and tired of first-person horror. I actually find it less immersive than third person.
Dude, you can just split the bundle with someone. I already have those two games, I'd be willing to split it with you.

(I'm pretty broke right now so I can't buy it on BTA right away.)

ETA: And yes the captcha is broken for me too. What a friggin' joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, you can just split the bundle with someone. I already have those two games, I'd be willing to split it with you.

(I'm pretty broke right now so I can't buy it on BTA right away.)

ETA: And yes the captcha is broken for me too. What a friggin' joke.
I know, I just don't usually do splits or group buys, so I'm never really sure what fair pricing is. I'll shoot you a PM, though, maybe we can work something out.

This has probably been discussed before but if you buy a penny gift and send the link to someone can they add more money to the purchase and do they get your BTA?  I have recollections of Ashes and/or End discussing this a while back but I don't remember the answer.

This has probably been discussed before but if you buy a penny gift and send the link to someone can they add more money to the purchase and do they get your BTA? I have recollections of Ashes and/or End discussing this a while back but I don't remember the answer.
They can't add more to the purchase if you do it that way.

The only way to do it is log out of humble, buy it (NOT as a gift), and don't claim the page. When you give it away, the person can then up the payment. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.. I've never done it before so not sure if thats 100% accurate

The only way to do it is log out of humble, buy it (NOT as a gift), and don't claim the page. When you give it away, the person can then up the payment. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.. I've never done it before so not sure if thats 100% accurate
That's correct, afaik.

Yes that solution sounds familiar to me now.

These bundles just suck more and more.

La Mulana was a bundle repeat. Torchlight II has been super cheap.  Outlast is the only real deal in the second tier, but it's still not a great price IMO.  Why?  Because people who don't have these games by now are usually just plus 1ing and these prices aren't really great +1 prices.  For people who really want to play the games you save a few bucks but had to wait like 2 years to play the games.  

These bundles just suck more and more.

La Mulana was a bundle repeat. Torchlight II has been super cheap. Outlast is the only real deal in the second tier, but it's still not a great price IMO. Why? Because people who don't have these games by now are usually just plus 1ing and these prices aren't really great +1 prices. For people who really want to play the games you save a few bucks but had to wait like 2 years to play the games.
I think even Bobby owns most of these games, so they're doing something wrong if he owns this shit.

A good deal if you don't have TL2 by now.  Rest is kind of mediocre.  $10 tier is laughable.

Same.  This thread is the only thing that reminded me.  When I checked what it was I realized why it's now so easily forgettable.

All of this bundle talk is getting pretty boring. Nobody has a good story to tell, a funny video, or a wacky picture to share?

Man, I had all these already except for the $10 tier, so I have a bunch of spare keys, but only for facelesslurker:

Cku0Sn3.gif

TL2 is great, but it's been super cheap several times in 4 packs.. don't know why anyone wouldn't have it by now.
Without looking at foreign prices, $3 is the cheapest.

It has been out for quite awhile, though, and many have had a chance to buy it by now. It may have held out a bit too long on being bundled to be a prime draw.

Without looking at foreign prices, $3 is the cheapest.

It has been out for quite awhile, though, and many have had a chance to buy it by now. It may have held out a bit too long on being bundled to be a prime draw.
Yeah, I agree. If it had been bundled a year ago, maybe I'd see it differently.. but it's been too long.

Outlast is the standout to me, hasn't been out quite as long as TL2, although it is nearly a couple years old..

Pixel Piracy, UnEpic, Outlast, and Shadow Warrior are the ones I don't have. I might still buy the dollar tier just to get those two games.

Whew! Thanks for the update, I was starting to get scared I wouldn't be able to keep track of what you owned.
I did that list so I can figure out what to do here.

At the worst, I might just penny in.

Not sure if I'll drop $1 for Tier 1 for Steam-keys.

All depends on if I can get some trades, key-drops, or something.

Thank you Spoder for the Tetrobot review! I played a few levels of it, and I agree that it really has a nice charm to it, very nice art, and the puzzles seem to be pretty solid. I look forward to playing more of it. 

As for the latest bundle... I am really surprised that every single game is a repeat for me. I'm sure they've all been in other humble bundles as well. 

The only thing I don't have is the Shadow Warrior Deluxe Edition bonus content, which would be $10 to directly upgrade to on Steam, so it wouldn't even be worth getting through the bundle, unless I was planning to give away all of the other games. 

Although I'm tempted to buy in, just on the off-chance that the games-to-be-unlocked are gonna be good.. 

Thank you Spoder for the Tetrobot review! I played a few levels of it, and I agree that it really has a nice charm to it, very nice art, and the puzzles seem to be pretty solid. I look forward to playing more of it.

As for the latest bundle... I am really surprised that every single game is a repeat for me. I'm sure they've all been in other humble bundles as well.

The only thing I don't have is the Shadow Warrior Deluxe Edition bonus content, which would be $10 to directly upgrade to on Steam, so it wouldn't even be worth getting through the bundle, unless I was planning to give away all of the other games.

Although I'm tempted to buy in, just on the off-chance that the games-to-be-unlocked are gonna be good..
My guess is the bonus games will be 2 repeats and 1 decent new-to-bundles game.

It'd be cool if anyone could guess what they are though, I think it might've been posted earlier.. the 3 games appear to be censored in this pic:

473b6c90ad87bf7bab0a5c48879ab5b023c3ac77.jpg

My guess is the bonus games will be 2 repeats and 1 decent new-to-bundles game.

It'd be cool if anyone could guess what they are though, I think it might've been posted earlier.. the 3 games appear to be censored in this pic:

473b6c90ad87bf7bab0a5c48879ab5b023c3ac77.jpg
On the shirt a blob up in the sky is censored. Race the Sun possibly?

I'm shockingly bad at guessing these games from hints though, so probably not.

EDIT: Actually, I think race the sun was a bonus in the last numbered bundle. So unless they wanna take this repeats themed bundle to the extreme, it's probably not that.

On the shirt a blob up in the sky is censored. Race the Sun possibly?

I'm shockingly bad at guessing these games from hints though, so probably not.

EDIT: Actually, I think race the sun was a bonus in the last numbered bundle. So unless they wanna take this repeats themed bundle to the extreme, it's probably not that.
Yeah, I'd be amazed if anyone guessed those correctly. To me, the middle censored image on the patch looks like a beaver, and the bottom a dog.

I think even Bobby owns most of these games, so they're doing something wrong if he owns this shit.
Yup, the worst part is I got all of the BTA games outside of bundles.

La Mulana was my first Steam store purchase for $1.50. Got Torchlight 2 for a key or something (to open a 4-pack), and bought Outlast for $5 from the Humble Store from the DRM-free version.

Pixel Piracy, I got from BundleStars, but I'm missing Unepic and Super Splatters, so I'll probably just buy the $1-tier unless the additions aren't crap.

I think it's funny how the ridiculously high-tier of that Spain bundle is a $1-tier here though. That third-tier is almost never worth it.

Overall good $1-tier, good BTA-tier (though all of these games were seriously overdue for a Humble so most of us have them), bleh $10-tier. Knew Shadow Warrior would be bundled but I was hoping it wouldn't be like this.

I'm hoping some other overdue bundle games like Spelunky or Rogue Legacy get added, but otherwise I'm looking forward to HiB15 now that these are out of the way.

Bobby why the hell did you buy La Mulana on Steam? That damned game was in a Groupees bundle as a bonus for god's sake. It was even a bundle that had a one game for fiddy cent minimum at one point so some people were stocking up and getting multiple 1 game bundles to get multiple La Mulana's as the bonus.

Bobby why the hell did you buy La Mulana on Steam? That damned game was in a Groupees bundle as a bonus for god's sake. It was even a bundle that had a one game for fiddy cent minimum at one point so some people were stocking up and getting multiple 1 game bundles to get multiple La Mulana's as the bonus.
Was before I really knew about bundles. Saw 90% off and thought it was a really solid deal on a game that was only available on a Wii for way more otherwise.

Jan 21, 2014
$1.49
Purchase
La-Mulana

bread's done
Back