Humble Bundle Thread

Dead Space 3 came out after ME3 and was already bundled.

But, I doubt it as well.
Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 were in the first one weren't they?

I'd expect to see TitanFall, ME3, or Crysis 3 in this one.
Dead Space 3 is a dead franchise (especially since the game's lead no longer works at the studio.) I dunno if Crytek is working on a new Crysis game. Mass Effect still has a lot of legs and a lot of fans to support future games.

Now... Titanfall. That would be a hell of a surprise. But EA no longer sells the base game on its own, only the Deluxe, and both the Season Pass & individual DLCs are free. Including it in this bundle would make them lose money since there's no DLC to sell to people.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a weird bundle.

Peggle again, but Origin only (included a Steam key last time, and has been free on Origin)
Dragon Age Origins, but no DLC (not surprising, but they may include it next week)
Bejeweled 3 again, but with Steam key (unlike Peggle)

This bundle would have been a lot better if they'd included Steam keys for Peggle Nights and Zuma (or some other Popcap game) instead of Peggle and Bejeweled 3 respectively.

The [customspoiler="Humble background picture"]
bbfc2637fa2192d96a6e73f32291af06d82ef3b1.jpg
[/customspoiler] has a city that matches [customspoiler="SimCity 2000"]
7197_front.jpg
[/customspoiler].

Apparently you only get 1 unified origin key if you BTA immediately. You get 2 keys (1 for each tier) if you pay less than BTA first and BTA later.. so if you want 2 keys (1 per tier), it's best to pay a dollar and then BTA.

EDIT: Fixed bad typo.

EDIT 2: Bobby gave me this info and I forgot to credit him.

Hmmm, I don't have the Dragon Ages or the Command and Conquer game (but not very interested in that one TBH).  Everything else I have on Origin or for the Medal of Honor on GOG.

Is it worth it for just the Dragon Age games?  Aren't there better versions with DLC included?  Would it be cheaper to skip this and do that instead?  

The only thing sort of pushing me towards it is getting another copy of PvZ Garden Warfare to gift for a BGCQ game night since that game is a total blast.  

Edit:

And I see it's just one key per tier?  So I couldn't keep DAII and give away PvZ?  That puts this firmly in the pass zone for me then.  

Apparently you only get 1 unified origin key if you BTA immediately. You get 2 keys (1 for each tier) if you pay less than BTA first and BTA later.. so if you want 2 keys (1 per tier), it's best to pay a dollar and then BTA.
Oh. Oh no. I don't want duplicate games on Origin! Dammit! Two copies of Mass Effect 2, Bejeweled 3, Peggle, DA:O and Dead Space 2?

I understand why they did this - to keep resellers at bay. But dammit... >_<

If anybody is on the fence and is hoping there will be good bta bonus games, remember the last origin bundle's bonuses were the first populus and command and conquer red alert or whatever it was

they won't be including like, me3 or something in all likelihood. im trying to decide if peggle, da2 and bejeweled are worth 4.40. i'll probably buy seeing as i want to play through the da games before i get inquisition and i dont have da2 on pc

If they like money, they need to put something that has a chance at getting people to increase their $1 purchases.  Judging from the lack of a top tier. though, I guess that can't be assumed.

The unified key is meh but sorta makes sense if their goal was to increase the origin user-base numbers - people might make secondary origin accounts just to avoid duplicates in the same account.

If they like money, they need to put something that has a chance at getting people to increase their $1 purchases. Judging from the lack of a top tier. though, I guess that can't be assumed.
Seeing as how EA doesn't get any of the money this makes, it's not necessarily about money, it's more about being a PR stunt.

And also getting people to get the base game that has a ton of dlc to buy so i guess also about money a bit.

Seeing as how EA doesn't get any of the money this makes, it's not necessarily about money, it's more about being a PR stunt.

And also getting people to get the base game that has a ton of dlc to buy so i guess also about money a bit.
Forgot that they had done that the first time. Hopes lowered.

The bonus will obviously be a surprise debut of the new battlefront game.

dumbasses

Don't forget that most of the games in Humble Origin 1 and the Popcap bundle were given away for free after the bundles ended, making this bundle potentially less of a deal than it seems.
Great the new "i don't want to buy this game because it might be bundled" is now "i don't want to buy this bundle because the games might be free"

blergh already bought whoops. that's 4.48 that could've been spent on a chalupa and a soft taco supreme dammit

This bundle isn't terrible but wow, a lot of these games have been free or bundled before. Even PvZ was free on PS4. Not much point in holding out for good bonuses either, considering what we got last time.

DS2 in the $1 tier is a nice gift after the first bundle contained 1 and 3. Unless you're a moran like me who bought it on Steam since then.
Yeah, I'm one of those morans. I also have DA: Ultimate on Steam (which includes an Origin version iirc), but I don't feel as stupid for that one.

Peggle not including a Steam key is so odd, and I'm disappointed the usually $5 C&C Collection (or Titanfall) isn't a BTA bonus as opposed to.. Bejeweled 3 (which was free on Origin, along with DA: O, Peggle, and Sim City 2K).

Only games I don't have are DS2 (Origin), Medal of Honor (Origin), C&C Generals (Origin), PvZ (Origin) and DA 2 (Origin), so it looks like the main value for me would be PvZ and DA2, which I'd probably buy from somewhere from Amazon if they were in a 2-pack for $4 or something.

Here's hoping the bonuses are worthwhile.

EDIT: Fixed bad typo.

EDIT 2: Bobby gave me this info and I forgot to credit him.
Yeah, I found out by going through the comments on Reddit because they've had bundles with unified Origin keys before. Really sucks, since I already have ME Trilogy and Bejeweled on Origin. $1-tier also sucks since 2 freebies are included in the key.

Edit: At least some of the "removed" bonuses from the first Origin bundle came to this one.

Maybe the bonus is SimCity 2013!

V5nGuAy.gif
ueVWLkr.png

Yeah maybe. I'm glad this was from totally free giveaway by random norwegian site and I definately didn't pay a cent for this piece of shit.

I never played it and never will be because I also bought Cities: Skylines at full price. It's better. (Honestly it's great).

I also owned Dragon Age Origins, Crysis 1, Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 2 on Steam. That's pretty targetted attack by EA.

I also owned Dragon Age Origins, Crysis 1, Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 2 on Steam. That's pretty targetted attack by EA.
Now that you mention it, I think Crysis 1 and 1.5 (can't remember what they called it) w/ Steam keys would probably the best bonuses possible, since I don't own either. (Queue incoming NFS game/s.)

Now that you mention it, I think Crysis 1 and 1.5 (can't remember what they called it) w/ Steam keys would probably the best bonuses possible, since I don't own either. (Queue incoming NFS game/s.)
Crysis Wars / Warhead.

Okay, serious question. Do these games get flagged with "New" on the corner when you activate the key on Origin? Other games do this, but I want to make sure this happens here too.

Not bad.   Might $1 in for Dragon Age.  Already have Bejeweled 3 and not a big Mass Effect fan.  I can't see them adding anything good Steam-wise for the bonuses.

Crysis Wars / Warhead.

Okay, serious question. Do these games get flagged with "New" on the corner when you activate the key on Origin? Other games do this, but I want to make sure this happens here too.
Yeah, they got flagged as new in the corner when I added the bundle to my account.

Yeah, I'm one of those morans. I also have DA: Ultimate on Steam (which includes an Origin version iirc), but I don't feel as stupid for that one.

Peggle not including a Steam key is so odd, and I'm disappointed the usually $5 C&C Collection (or Titanfall) isn't a BTA bonus as opposed to.. Bejeweled 3 (which was free on Origin, along with DA: O, Peggle, and Sim City 2K).

Only games I don't have are DS2 (Origin), Medal of Honor (Origin), C&C Generals (Origin), PvZ (Origin) and DA 2 (Origin), so it looks like the main value for me would be PvZ and DA2, which I'd probably buy from somewhere from Amazon if they were in a 2-pack for $4 or something.
You can redeem you steam ds2 key on origin. Not that I'm one of those morans that wasted my hard earned card pennies buying ds2 purely because having 1 and 3 and not 2 bothered me even though I haven't played any of them. dammit

The bonus games will all be shit, even Dead Space 3 as a repeat is probably too good for a bonus in this bundle.

inb4 Theme Hospital is a bonus

The bonus games will all be shit, even Dead Space 3 as a repeat is probably too good for a bonus in this bundle.

inb4 Theme Hospital is a bonus
meh usually the bonus games are decent since they're apart of the beat the average but again whether you like a game or not is a matter of opinion.

It wouldn't surprise me if one or more of the bonus games are from the first humble bundle, just hoping it's anther dead space game, would like to have those on steam.

meh usually the bonus games are decent since they're apart of the beat the average but again whether you like a game or not is a matter of opinion.
I disagree. The quality of the bonus games in most Humble bundles are below other games in the BTA tier. Usually 1-2 games are repeats or aren't very interesting, and if we're lucky 1 is decent. The first Origin bundle had Populous (which later became free on Origin I think?) and C&C 3 Uprising (which I think is the worst in the series) as bonuses.

This bundle's insane, only if you don't already own most of EA's stuff already.

I'm gonna have to check and see what I own + where - i.e. check both Steam + Origin.

I disagree. The quality of the bonus games in most Humble bundles are below other games in the BTA tier. Usually 1-2 games are repeats or aren't very interesting, and if we're lucky 1 is decent. The first Origin bundle had Populous (which later became free on Origin I think?) and C&C 3 Uprising (which I think is the worst in the series) as bonuses.
again all a matter of opinion. I can't quote specific bundles but there's been a good amount of them that made me tempted to "beat the average" once they added those mystery games. I'm hopeful they will be some good ones.

At one point I was buying mad humble bundles because I was about to buy a new gaming pc and was trying to build a steam backlog. Never got that new pc but planing on it next month. Most likely gonna build one at micro center so gotta work on building that backlog lol

Each tier is one key, so they'll all be yours. Plus if you BTA without dollaring in first it's all one big Origin key.
Ick @ one big Origin key.

Steam keys are separate, right?

Is Dead Space 2 + DAO one Steam key?

Is Bejeweled 3 + ME2 one Steam key?

bread's done
Back