Humble Bundle Thread

Thank you for being a prime example of the rage is question. :)
So admitted by omission.

529b679d21b15.jpg

Havent seen it mentioned but the OlliOlli game is one of the only cross buy eshop titles, so you can use one code to purchase both the Wii U version, then it makes the 3DS version free to download. Extra OlliOlli code for trade or giveaway with the code you did not use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have gave you space marine lol. Platinumed that game on PS3 and have no desire to play it again after that craziness.
I knew I should had waited a little bit longer.....

It's one of those games that I've always wanted to play but never bother buying, even @ $4.75 and bundled with a bunch of other games.

I have a tab open for $4.59 but still don't know if I want it. Only wanted Space Marine and possibly Company of Heroes 2. Really wanted to play Space Marine actually...

If anyone wants to maybe split up the costs or something like that, let me know. 

I just noticed there is a Nindie tab on the Wii U eShop. All of the current U games from the bundle are in it, along with these.

Sportsball

Shantae

both Mighty Switch Force! games

Ultratron

Lone Survivor

The Swapper

Thomas Was Alone

Mutant Mudds Deluxe

I wonder what else out of these will be added. I know a couple of these have been in PC bundles before. Only stuff I have are the WayForward games, so lots of options. I kind of doubt Shantae will be one of the added games either.

It is bullshit that the first tier of the weekly bundle has DLC for a game (CoH2) that you can only get in the higher tier. 

Booooooooooooo!

EDIT:  Nevermind I looked it up, CoH2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West is  standalone Multiplayer maps for CoH2.

I'll change my Boooooooo to WHY?

Well for someone just getting into PC gaming, I just grabbed the $1 tier for my first stab at the Warhammer 40000 games.

Picked up the weekly bundle just for the DoW expansion I didnt have, and to give the rest of the games to my brother so I have something to play with him this summer.

Good deal overall and the haters just have too many games. #SeasonalCAG

Well for someone just getting into PC gaming, I just grabbed the $1 tier for my first stab at the Warhammer 40000 games.
Great deal if you haven't played any of the Warhammer 40K games. It's easily worth the price of Tier 2 for Dawn of War 1 and 2. All of the DoW games are great, but it's disappointing that Relic chose to include the GOTY instead of the Gold or "Master" editions. The expansions to DoW 1 are terrific, especially Dark Crusade. I've been looking for a reason to take another stab at Soulstorm and if Relic hadn't been so stingy, I'd have probably been roped into it by this bundle.

DoW II plays very differently from the first game, which is a much more conventional RTS, but it's still really fun with great storytelling and gameplay.

My personal experience with Company of Heroes was such that it's tough for me to recommend it to others. I played some of the first game but I got bogged down in what was essentially a war of attrition. It seems to be technically well-done but even against the AI, it's very hard.

I enjoyed DoW2 a bit more than DoW1... Maybe because DoW2 is a tactical game and I was full of RTS games at that moment. But that doesn't means DoW1 is bad or generic... far from that. Those are brilliant games. I love the 40k universe

How can they sell you DLC if they sell you the editions with everything included? That's not how Humble works.
Plenty of games in Humble bundles have included full versions. Notably many Android versions of games with significant cash stores have included fully unlocked versions. Other games certainly have not included anything close to full versions. It seems pretty clear that Humble is willing to go with whatever the publishers and developers prefer.

I just noticed there is a Nindie tab on the Wii U eShop. All of the current U games from the bundle are in it, along with these.

Sportsball

Shantae

both Mighty Switch Force! games

Ultratron

Lone Survivor

The Swapper

Thomas Was Alone

Mutant Mudds Deluxe

I wonder what else out of these will be added. I know a couple of these have been in PC bundles before. Only stuff I have are the WayForward games, so lots of options. I kind of doubt Shantae will be one of the added games either.
Oh yes, all of those except the exclusive Mighty Switch Force 1/2 and Sportsball have been in Humble Bundles before. It would be great to see the original Shantae in this bundle, but I'm pretty sure the bonus will be MSF 2 for 3DS and possibly Mutant Mudds for Wii U.

I just noticed the new Humble library. I like the tabs but it still loads much too slowly. They need to get rid of the "load every game in your account" approach and just use a search filter or page-by-page endless scrolling.

I just noticed the new Humble library. I like the tabs but it still loads much too slowly. They need to get rid of the "load every game in your account" approach and just use a search filter or page-by-page endless scrolling.
So, Groupees, then?

Actually, while it still loads slow, it doesn't seem to freeze the browser while loading anymore. Or at least not to the same extent.

Still no Groupees.

It would be great to see the original Shantae in this bundle, but I'm pretty sure the bonus will be MSF 2 for 3DS and possibly Mutant Mudds for Wii U.
It's actually Pirate's Curse in there, I assume there is a similar tab on the 3DS eShop but I don't have one to check. Probably has a good chance still.

I can understand that there may sometimes be deluded souls who think that they aren't making indie games but are instead making real games and thus deserve to sell for more than $2 when bundled with a bunch of other indie games. It's a mistake of hubris and that is a vice I know all too well.

Someday reality will strike and he will understand. "Oh no, I've been making... indie games all these years!"

I can understand that there may sometimes be deluded souls who think that they aren't making indie games but are instead making real games and thus deserve to sell for more than $2 when bundled with a bunch of other indie games. It's a mistake of hubris and that is a vice I know all too well.

Someday reality will strike and he will understand. "Oh no, I've been making... indie games all these years!"
His original post was apparently trollish on purpose. I don't pay attention to him anymore.

The only game I don't have in that Nintendo bundle is Woah Dave. I don't think I'm going to get the bundle just for one game.
Woah Dave is horrible. It's a complete rip-off of the original Mario Bros, except there's only one enemy and when it reaches the bottom it switches between the fly and spiky types. And you kill enemies by throwing shit at them instead of knocking them over and kicking them.

Woah Dave is horrible. It's a complete rip-off of the original Mario Bros, except there's only one enemy and when it reaches the bottom it switches between the fly and spiky types. And you kill enemies by throwing shit at them instead of knocking them over and kicking them.
But how would it look in my backlog?

Playing Pac Man Museum on PC reminds me what an utter classic the original Pac Man is and why Woah Dave's pretensions at being an arcade classic barely measure up to classic Mario Bros. And also why I have not enjoyed any Bit Trip game.

To be honest I am almost ready to call my $10 on the Nintendo bundle a waste just because I already had Guacamelee which is still by miles the best thing on offer there. Everything else is "alright when bundled with another good game."

I see, I guess I'll just pass on this bundle then.

Anyone want the remaining warhammer games? I don't want them. Contribution would be welcome but if you just want them free that's fine too. Pm me.

Edit: Guess I should name which ones they are.

Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II

Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War GOTY

Wow, when did Humble change their library page? They've added pagination and it doesn't take minutes to load anymore!
It's fairly recent. I get the general impression that most bundle sites are made by people who don't actually buy a ton of bundles. Indie Royale I'm looking at you.

This helps though.

I get the general impression that most bundle sites are made by people who don't actually buy a ton of bundles.
That's like saying that the majority of indie developers haven't a clue that their clientele might react poorly when they choose not to deliver on promises of greenlight vote/bundle keys.

Dumbass

Well yeah. I get that they don't literally buy their own bundles. I guess I just would have thought that maybe they'd have the good sense to take into consideration that they might have repeat customers and ease of use and all that.

You know things like maybe not just using images with the bundle names on them so you can't control-F and actually have to view all the damned images or a search for an individual game instead of having to go to Google to figure out which of their 100 bundles it was in. And then still having to eyeball all the images because you can't do a find.

Clearly that is too much to ask.

I dislike the lack of heft in jumps and the way throwing feels. Actually, I don't care for the gameplay in Woah Dave. Bubble Bobble, Snow Bros., even China Gate are way better.

I dislike the lack of heft in jumps and the way throwing feels. Actually, I don't care for the gameplay in Woah Dave. Bubble Bobble, Snow Bros., even China Gate are way better.
Gravity in the game is messed up. It feels needlessly accelerated. I understand it as an NES throwback, but we're in 2015.

You know things like maybe not just using images with the bundle names on them so you can't control-F and actually have to view all the damned images or a search for an individual game instead of having to go to Google to figure out which of their 100 bundles it was in. And then still having to eyeball all the images because you can't do a find.

Clearly that is too much to ask.
Good news. Ctrl-F works on the Indieroyale collection page. Each picture has almost invisible text above it. I figured that out when I absentmindedly tried to search on the page last week and it worked. That doesn't help with figuring out what bundle a particular game was in, though.

I just checked and there's a Nindie section on the 3DS eShop as well.  It includes the games in the bundle, and Shantae and MSF2 that are also on the Wii U page, plus:

Retro City Rampage DX
Titan Attacks!
Xeodrifter
Mutant Mudds
ATV Wild Ride 3D
Bomb Monkey

I just checked and there's a Nindie section on the 3DS eShop as well. It includes the games in the bundle, and Shantae and MSF2 that are also on the Wii U page, plus:

Retro City Rampage DX
Titan Attacks!
Xeodrifter
Mutant Mudds
ATV Wild Ride 3D
Bomb Monkey
glad i did not pay more then a buck for the package..

many are saying the add ons will just be the other moons

I just checked and there's a Nindie section on the 3DS eShop as well. It includes the games in the bundle, and Shantae and MSF2 that are also on the Wii U page, plus:

Retro City Rampage DX
Titan Attacks!
Xeodrifter
Mutant Mudds
ATV Wild Ride 3D
Bomb Monkey
There are enough games there for a second bundle if they wanted to go that route.

bread's done
Back