Humble Bundle Thread

Well no one messaged me for these 2, so enjoy lurkers and everyone else:
Decided to snag these both just to try out the series. I've always heard good things about Warhammer 40k, but I've never actually played anything related to it. I didn't buy the bundle because I figured I'd just backlog them forever. But since I make sure to go back and edit in reviews after I grab a code drop, now I'll feel obligated to actually get around to them. Pretty much the only way I was ever going to.

In other words, thanks. I'll edit this to add some thoughts on the games within a day or so when I have the chance to actually play them.

Also, since I feel kind of bad about grabbing two keys at the same time, here's SpeedRunners Taken.

Dawn of War is pretty good, at least in terms of basic gameplay and stomping around in the tutorial. I don't quite understand all the subtleties, but as far as the core mechanics go, it's one of the rare RTS games that I'd be willing to play more of. Compared to most of the ones that I've tried, it feels more like a war and less like little army men knocking each other over. I think the persistent bodies setting helped a lot with that. About the only thing that could use some work is the camera. I wish you could zoom out maybe 30% more, and I sometimes had trouble getting it to scroll up and down. Really looking forward to trying out the second one after seeing this one.

Dawn of War II... not so much. The camera is better, but the gameplay is worse. I don't like the hero units, and there's either some basic concept that I don't understand or the game is way too slow in terms of resource gathering. There's no tutorial that I could find, the manual doesn't list anything that I hadn't already done, and it's not the same as the first game. I had pretty much the entire map captured and built up except for the enemy base and they were somehow able to send an overwhelming force against me with only the resources from their own base. I think I was probably just getting wrecked by their hero, but if that's the case, I really don't enjoy that style of gameplay. Give me bigger armies of expendable mooks any day. It also plays like a much more tactical game, but that's not really what I'm looking for in an RTS - I'd rather have time to plan in a game that's heavy on tactics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to snag these both just to try out the series. I've always heard good things about Warhammer 40k, but I've never actually played anything related to it. I didn't buy the bundle because I figured I'd just backlog them forever. But since I make sure to go back and edit in reviews after I grab a code drop, now I'll feel obligated to actually get around to them. Pretty much the only way I was ever going to.

In other words, thanks. I'll edit this to add some thoughts on the games within a day or so when I have the chance to actually play them.

Also, since I feel kind of bad about grabbing two keys at the same time, here's SpeedRunners: AWAZB-KZ***-0DRXP.

*** = tabletop gaming shorthand for a 20 sided die.
You're welcome. Enjoy.

So if anyone has any CoH2 DLC they don't want I wouldn't complain to get it. :p

*Edit: Thanks Malkan for the Oktoberfest or whatever it is DLC

[customspoiler=I've got a kajillion extra bundle keys I can trade it for even]
  • 500 Years Act 1
  • 8 Bit Commando
  • 9th Company: Roots Of Terror
  • Alan Wake's New American Nightmare
  • Alien Breed Trilogy
  • Always Remember Me
  • And Yet It Moves
  • Angvik
  • Ascension to the Throne
  • Aveyond: Lord of Twilight
  • Banzai Pecan
  • Barter Empire
  • Battlepaths
  • Beatbuddy: Talle of the Guardians
  • Bejeweled 3
  • Beyond Divinity
  • Big Lands
  • Bionic Heart
  • Bird Assassin
  • bit Dungeon II
  • Black Soul
  • Blackwell Bundle
  • Blast 'Em
  • BlazBlue Calamity Trigger
  • Blob from Space
  • Block Story
  • BloodRayne Betrayal
  • Borealis
  • Boxes With Guns
  • Brawlhalla
  • Broken Sword Director's Cut
  • Cannabalt
  • Captain Morgane
  • Castle
  • Chaos Domain
  • Chernobyl Commando
  • Cinders
  • Circuits
  • Cities In Motion
  • Claustrophobia: The Downward Struggle
  • Clickr
  • Clones
  • Cloning Clyde
  • ClusterPuck 99
  • Cobi Treasure Deluxe
  • Cognition Episode 1
  • Commandos 3 Destination Berlin
  • Crash Time II
  • Crazy Machines
  • Crazy Machines 1.5
  • Crazy Machines 2
  • Crazy Machines Elements
  • Critical Mass
  • Crunch Time!
  • C-Rush
  • Crystal Story II
  • Cubesis
  • Cubetractor
  • Cyberpunk 3776
  • Dark Gates
  • Dark Scavenger
  • Data Hacker: Corruption
  • Data Hacker: Initiation
  • Deadly Premonition Director's Cut
  • Divine Divinity
  • Doom and Destiny
  • Drakensang: The River of Time
  • Drew and the Floating Labrinyth
  • Drive to Hell
  • Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project
  • Echo of the Wilds
  • Elements: Soul of Fire
  • Escape Goat
  • Escape Machines
  • Eschalon Book I
  • Eschalon Book III
  • Eschalon Book II
  • Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween
  • Fabula Mortis
  • Fake Colours
  • Farm For Your Life
  • Final Dusk
  • Fine Sweeper
  • Five Nights at Freddy's
  • Fort Defense
  • Frayed Knights
  • Freedom Fall
  • Galactic Civilizations II
  • Galaxy on Fire 2 HD
  • Garshasp: The Monster Slayer
  • Gearcrack Arena
  • Gorky 17
  • Gravi
  • Grimind
  • Gun Monkeys
  • Guns of Icarus Online
  • Hamilton's Great Adventure
  • Heileen
  • Heileen 2
  • Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising
  • Hunters Of The Dead
  • I-Bomber Defense and Pacific
  • Ilamentia
  • Inescapable
  • Infinite Space
  • Inside the Gear
  • International Snooker
  • Isaac the Adventurer
  • Jet Gunner
  • Jolly Rover
  • Jones on Fire
  • Kingdom Elemental
  • King's Bounty Platinum Edition
  • King's Bounty Platinum Edition (GOG key)
  • Knitt Undergroun
  • Koya Rift
  • Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan
  • Last Inua
  • Legend of Dungeon
  • Level 22
  • Lilly and Sasha: Nexus of Souls
  • Lily Looking Through
  • Litil Divil
  • Lost Civilization
  • Love
  • Lucius
  • Ludwig
  • Lume
  • Lunar Pack - Wake & Lunnye Devitsy
  • MacGuffin's Curse
  • Magnetic By Nature
  • Major Mayhem
  • MAKING HISTORY II: THE WAR OF THE WORLD
  • Making History II: The War of the World
  • Mata Hari
  • Memories of a Vagabond
  • Micron
  • Millennium 1
  • Miner Wars Arena
  • Motte Island
  • Mr. Bree+
  • Muffin Knight
  • Mysterious Cities of Gold
  • Nekochan Hero Collection
  • Nihilumbra
  • Northmark
  • Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi
  • Not the Robots
  • Obludia
  • One Day for Ched
  • Pahelika Revelations HD
  • Paper Sorceror
  • Paradigm Shift
  • Paranormal State: Poison Spring
  • Perfection
  • Pid
  • Pitri 1977
  • Pixel Hunter
  • Pixel Piracy
  • Pixel Puzzle Japan
  • Plain Sight
  • Planet Stronghold
  • Plazma Being
  • Portal of Evil
  • Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
  • Postal I
  • Power-Up
  • Pressured
  • Probably Archery
  • Psichodelya
  • Ravensword Shadowlands
  • Red Lake
  • RefleX
  • Reprisal Universe
  • Retro/Grade
  • Revenge of the Titans
  • Reversion: The Meeting
  • Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches
  • Richard and Alice
  • Robotex
  • Rochard
  • Rocketbirds Hardboiled Chicken
  • Runaway, A Road Adventure
  • Runaway, The Dream of The Turtle
  • Runaway: A Twist of Fate
  • Rush Bros
  • Rush for Glory
  • Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves
  • Savant Ascent
  • Schein
  • Sentinel
  • Seven Kingdoms II HD
  • Shadowgrounds
  • Shadowgrounds Survivor
  • Shadows of War
  • Shadows: Price For Our Sins
  • Shiny the Firefly
  • Showtime!
  • Sid Meier's Pirates
  • Siege of Inaolia
  • Silence of the Sleep
  • Siralim
  • Skyborn
  • Slinki
  • Soulbringer
  • Space Chem
  • Space Hack
  • Space Warp
  • Spark Rising
  • Speedball 2 HD
  • Spice Road
  • Spirited Heart
  • Spy Fox in "Dry Cereal"
  • Steam and Metal
  • Steamworld Dig
  • Steele Storm Complete
  • Storm in a Teacup
  • Storm Over the Pacific
  • Strategic War in Europe
  • Subject 9
  • Summoner
  • Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection
  • Super Panda Adventures
  • Survivalist
  • Sweet Lily Dreams
  • Swipecart
  • Swords and Soliders
  • Swords and Soliders Sausage fest DLC
  • T.E.C. 3001
  • Tales from Dragon Mountain: The Strix
  • Tales of the Orient: The Rising Sun
  • The Chaos Engine
  • The Defenders: The Second Wave
  • The Desolate Hope
  • The Howler
  • The Journey Down Chapter 1
  • The Longest Journey
  • The Maker's Eden
  • The Moon Sliver
  • Theatre Of The Absurd
  • Them - The Summoning
  • They Breathe
  • Threadspace Hyperbole
  • Tiamat X
  • Time Gentlemen Please! and Ben There Dan That!
  • Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers
  • To The Moon
  • Tobe's Vertical Adventure
  • Toki Tori 2
  • Train of Afterlife
  • Tribloos 2
  • Trine
  • Two Worlds Epic Edition
  • Type: Rider
  • Unhack
  • Us and Them
  • Van Helsing
  • Vanguard Princess
  • Vanguard Princess Hilda & Lilith DLC
  • Vanguard Princess Hilda DLC
  • Vertical Drop Heroes HD
  • Viscera Cleanup Santa's Rampage
  • Volt
  • War Of the Human Tanks
  • War the Game
  • Windforge
  • Woodle Tree
  • World War 2: Wrath of Time
  • Worms Reloaded
  • Xotic
  • Yelaxot
  • Yury
  • Z
  • Zack Zero
  • Zombie Shooter 2
[/customspoiler]

I've been entering a bunch of Steamgifts giveaways but probably have a better chance at getting struck by lightning.

/begging

Dawn of War II... not so much. The camera is better, but the gameplay is worse. I don't like the hero units, and there's either some basic concept that I don't understand or the game is way too slow in terms of resource gathering. There's no tutorial that I could find, the manual doesn't list anything that I hadn't already done, and it's not the same as the first game. I had pretty much the entire map captured and built up except for the enemy base and they were somehow able to send an overwhelming force against me with only the resources from their own base. I think I was probably just getting wrecked by their hero, but if that's the case, I really don't enjoy that style of gameplay. Give me bigger armies of expendable mooks any day. It also plays like a much more tactical game, but that's not really what I'm looking for in an RTS - I'd rather have time to plan in a game that's heavy on tactics.
As I stated before, DoW2 is completely different, it is a TACTICAL game, same as Company of Heroes.

New Humble Mobile Bundle - 13:

• Timelines: Assault on America Premium
  • The Ministry of Silly Walks
  • Hellraid: The Escape
Beat the Average for:

• Puzzle Retreat Complete
  • Worms 3
  • Twisty Hollow
New Humble Store Flash Sale:

I don't even have an Android device I would play games on anymore, but I'm still tempted to penny in for Ministry of Silly Walks. 

I think in this sale we pretty much saw what will be in weeklies for the next year....likely a lot of 60-70ish percent stuff that wasn't a great price but going down.

I did get Hive...well cause I suck at that boardgame and playing the AI will help my game. Got the full pack...more bugs yay...
Do you remember how much you paid for the full Hive pack? I missed the HB sale and I see that Steam has a complete 2-pack for $6.24.

Just want to point out Richard Stark's Parker: The Hunter (Darwyn Cooke) in the Books Bundle is one of life's little pleasures. Not to be missed for the price.

I just checked and there's a Nindie section on the 3DS eShop as well. It includes the games in the bundle, and Shantae and MSF2 that are also on the Wii U page, plus:

Retro City Rampage DX
Titan Attacks!
Xeodrifter
Mutant Mudds
ATV Wild Ride 3D
Bomb Monkey
That's interesting, but I will confirm that the RCR DX developers confirmed on Twitter that the game will never be part of a bundle. I have a feeling that list might just show the top seller indie games.

https://twitter.com/RetroCR/status/604471982491639810

Just want to point out Richard Stark's Parker: The Hunter (Darwyn Cooke) in the Books Bundle is one of life's little pleasures. Not to be missed for the price.
can you summarize the book for us? :whistle2:

I want to experience life's little pleasures as cheaply and quickly as possible. :D/

Do you remember how much you paid for the full Hive pack? I missed the HB sale and I see that Steam has a complete 2-pack for $6.24.
IsThereAnyDeal.com will track the price for you: you'll be able to see the lowest price, and track it over time to look for trends.

Next to CAG and the EnhancedSteam plug-in, its the next most important tool you can use. I don't get paid for saying any of that crap--its just the the way to buy DL titles, especially for Steam.

IsThereAnyDeal.com will track the price for you: you'll be able to see the lowest price, and track it over time to look for trends.

Next to CAG and the EnhancedSteam plug-in, its the next most important tool you can use. I don't get paid for saying any of that crap--its just the the way to buy DL titles, especially for Steam.
I did look there before asking but for some reason the Humble pricing isn't registering. Probably user error.

I live on IsThereAnyDeal.com. Its like its fuck -ing Xmas in my brain everytime I pull it up or get an email on a price drop.

If you've seen how many Steam games I own, you'll know I have a serious problem.

not sure if srs
100% sarcasm

I think it would have been interesting just from a precedent standpoint if Nintendo threw in something first party (Steel Diver or one of the small first-party downloadable games they have) but seeing as it's a Nintendo Indie bundle I can completely understand why it wasn't.

[quote name="donssword" post="12721480" timestamp="1433264074"]I'm just a fuck ing baby man.

:bow:[/quote]

Lol only 500+

Go stand in the corner, junior.
This is the big leagues.

I wanted to support this eShop bundle even though I had some of the best games. Worst case I spent $5 on SteamWorld Dig and $5 on Bit Trip Runner, have three games to give as gifts and a handful of free games that if I like even just one of them it will still be a great deal.

Not sure how many of these I will play, but I just bought two Nindie bundles for $10 each, one as a gift for my brother. I'm creating a coding curriculum for a class I teach and I use items from Code.org, so this is pretty much a win-win for me.

In my younger years i may have known people who used to pull a maneuver called the Top Shelf aka The Upper Decker if they were at a party at someone they weren't fond ofs house.

Thanks for the tip.

I've never even heard of any of those.
yea they are a smaller publisher and basically only doing strategy games. The thing on slitherine is that usually at most they do 50% off sales and usually not that often. So if you have an interest in strategy this is probably the cheapest you'll ever get them

bread's done
Back