Humble Bundle Thread

Be sure and pick up the Claptrap Revolution DLC somewhere along the way then because that's really the ending of the main game.
Better yet, don't, it's part of the BTA unlocks. :p

Did you ever try the ledge glitch? As soon as the platform is up, run left and get on the ledge and go all the way to the left wall and crouch there. It's even better than Terra since nothing attacks you if you get it just right. The only tricky part is shooting the weak spot on his back with the rocket launcher blast, so I've only done it two or three times successfully as a solo Mordecai, non-maxed.
Nope, never really bothered with it. My level was way too low when I got to him and I'd like to attempt a legit run with other folks one day.

How many people actually get around to playing the DLC for borderlands? I didn't even get through the base game.
I pretty much beat the whole thing on the PS3. Twice. Glad to have it on Steam now too.

Crawmarax was a pain, even abusing Phasewalk.

Borderlands2 just didn't excite me like the first for some reason.

I only bought General Knox DLC for Borderlands 1 (at the time the others had SecuROM).  It's probably the only worthwhile DLC in terms of length and content (it was the one that raised the level cap).

Borderlands 2 I got the season pass at a glitched price of around $7.50 shortly after the game released.  I found the Pirate DLC tedious (though the end boss was fun).  Didn't play the other DLC until months (a year?) later and found them all pretty 'meh' except the Dragon Keep one.  If you can suffer through Tiny Tina's horrible voiceover the Dungeons and Dragons parody theme is fun.

Really, though, the games wear out their welcome long before you get to the DLC.  I wouldn't even recommend Borderlands 1... although since it's included if you get the BTA tier it doesn't really matter.  2 is a straight up improvement in almost every aspect.  The tone is much worse, though, thanks to Anthony Burch.

Last edited by a moderator:
for BL2, I am only missing the headhunter 5 DLC and can generally find it on sale from time to time for $1.5-$2 (retail is $2.99).

I am still waiting for the presequel to come down in price w/season pass.  I agree that likely will only be able to get for $15 w/coupon (BTA is 5.39 as I type this) so base game for over $20 is easy pass at this time.  

Not too bad of a humble bundle IF you are not a CAG, have never watched/shopped for a sale and IF you do not own any of the games yet.

Hopefully BL1 isn't dead on Steam, I never played the DLC much on 360.  I'd like to play the BL2 DLC's but for $15 I'll just wait until I upgrade my console and grab the Handsome Collection since I never touched Pre-Sequel.

I'm a bit surprised they didn't at least throw in episode one of Tales, even if only 2K is in the bundle options.

Hopefully BL1 isn't dead on Steam, I never played the DLC much on 360. I'd like to play the BL2 DLC's but for $15 I'll just wait until I upgrade my console and grab the Handsome Collection since I never touched Pre-Sequel.
Can't say for sure, but if you wanna' play with people now might be the time with this bundle coming out./You may have to go to discussion boards to find a buddy.

Wonder if I could use the 25% discount on this.
Huh...I would've figured you for this:

BP48WTq.png

New Humble Weekly Bundle - Eye Candy 3:
  • Tengami
  • Where is my Heart?
  • Back to Bed
Beat the Average for the above and:
  • 7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat
  • Deep Under the Sky
  • Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Pay $1 more for all of the above and:
  • The Dream Machine (Chapters 1 - 5)

I have a tab at 3.01...

But only have 1 dollar in paypal. Wah.

Edit: Any news on soundtracks?

Got Dream Machine chapters 1-4 from a weekly last fall. Not going to double dip just for chapter 5, since 5 and 6 will be bundled again. Average is looking good for the price.

Dream machine has been featured in a signature Humble too-high tier for every episode release.

I have no idea why Humble continues to do so.

Anyway, will wait for complete set in Poopees or Gala.

I am missing Back to Bed (I think), the entire BTA tier and DM 4 and 5.  BTA seems worth $2.94.

Heh, not really. I mostly wanted to know if Valdis included the OST.

Ah well, I paid fifty cents, I'll BTA when I get some extra cash. If ever. :(

Terrific bundle. After those Borderlands/Magicka/Dead Island/Poopies crap bundles this feels kinda refreshing. I'm glad the BTA price didn't skyrocket.

Picked it up as quickly as I could for $3.02.

You disgust me.
At first I was also disgusted with my lack of awareness. The price could have been a lot higher after more than 1h after bundle start and I had Valdis Story on my wishlist from its release, so I'm fine with those 8 cents of overpayment.

I got in when the BTA was $2.99, for 6 games I didn't own.

I could've sworn that some previously bundled copies of Dream Machine were for the bundle, which includes the chapters as they are released. Does anyone have a source on that? ITAD doesn't even list it as being bundled before, but we all know it has.

I got in when the BTA was $2.99, for 6 games I didn't own.

I could've sworn that some previously bundled copies of Dream Machine were for the bundle, which includes the chapters as they are released. Does anyone have a source on that? ITAD doesn't even list it as being bundled before, but we all know it has.
Chapters 1-3 were in an IndieCade Humble 16 months ago and an Indie Royale Stuffing bundle 2+ years ago.

Chapters 1-4 were in a Joystiq Humble Weekly 6 months ago.

Own the BTA tier other than that jellyfish game and the highest tier as well. Man I fakeybroed that game a while back for $7.49 back in 2012! It's a pretty neat game though. Low tier it is!

Steamdb doesn't let you search package deals any more, so does anyone here know what price Borderlands 2 GOTY went for? Is that the reason everyone was so underwhelmed by that bundle? (Personally, I'm leaning towards waiting for a good price on the Handsome Jack Collection)

Steamdb doesn't let you search package deals any more, so does anyone here know what price Borderlands 2 GOTY went for? Is that the reason everyone was so underwhelmed by that bundle? (Personally, I'm leaning towards waiting for a good price on the Handsome Jack Collection)
GameAgent had BL2 with all the content DLC (everything but the skin packs) for $12.50. BL2 GOTY was just $8.80 on Steam.

Chapters 1-3 were in an IndieCade Humble 16 months ago and an Indie Royale Stuffing bundle 2+ years ago.

Chapters 1-4 were in a Joystiq Humble Weekly 6 months ago.
Ah, that sucks; was thinking it was a full package like Cognition. Hopefully Chapters 5-6 will be bundled at some point for less. It's hard to justify the $1 on Chapter 5 when you already own 1-4, or even 4-5 when you own 1-3.

Had Valdis City on my wishlist forever, and it only went to 50% off in the summer sale, so I jumped.
I think its really sad that the dev didn't do better sales, and I bet it's part of why it's in this bundle. It only went to 75% off once on steam, and had mostly shitty sales ever since then. Probably would have made a lot more money off of it had they discounted it more frequently.

GameAgent had BL2 with all the content DLC (everything but the skin packs) for $12.50. BL2 GOTY was just $8.80 on Steam.
y u forget the $6.39 price glitch??

Ah, that sucks; was thinking it was a full package like Cognition. Hopefully Chapters 5-6 will be bundled at some point for less. It's hard to justify the $1 on Chapter 5 when you already own 1-4, or even 4-5 when you own 1-3.
Agreed. When I first looked at this, I thought it might actually be worth a Tier 3 purchase, but I already have the only game in the BTA tier that I'd probably play (the Mousechief one) and with the Dream Machine dev doing this ridiculous schtick, it's marginally worth a $1 for Tengami and Back to Bed at this point.

Grabbed BTA, Validus looks right up my alley. Hadn't heard of it at all either, so that's cool. Some of the other stuff is maybes, but the dream game doesn't look interesting to me. 

So glad I have a PC now.

Valdis Story is pretty good but it's so extremely obtuse, like the game designers don't speak English, but in a holistic sense about the whole game rather than just the writing. So maybe the devs are aliens who never played a game before and are just putting one together based off second hand knowledge.

Valdis Story is pretty good but it's so extremely obtuse, like the game designers don't speak English, but in a holistic sense about the whole game rather than just the writing. So maybe the devs are aliens who never played a game before and are just putting one together based off second hand knowledge.
I agree with this

bread's done
Back