Humble Bundle Thread

I'm pretty much depressed and locked into trying to study right now (I hate learning HTML :whistle2:( ) , so I'm not really interested in much gaming lately.

Anyway, I have six games of the monthly bundle if anyone wants a particular one, and only one, I will PM you the link if you reply here telling me what you want. I get tired of lurkers stealing all the keys whenever I post them here. Please just only request if you have an intention of playing the game and not sitting in a Steam list with 80 other unplayed games.

Here's what I have:

- Besiege

- Lethal League

- Saints Row IV

- SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition

- Towerfall Ascension

- Valkyria Chronicles

Quote me with the game you want and you got it, as long as another person before you hasn't requested it. I'll go in order of the first six and PM in a few when I check back.
Towerfall! Been looking to play it with friends for a while/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty much depressed and locked into trying to study right now (I hate learning HTML :whistle2:( ) , so I'm not really interested in much gaming lately.

Anyway, I have six games of the monthly bundle if anyone wants a particular one, and only one, I will PM you the link if you reply here telling me what you want. I get tired of lurkers stealing all the keys whenever I post them here. Please just only request if you have an intention of playing the game and not sitting in a Steam list with 80 other unplayed games.

Here's what I have:

- Besiege

- Lethal League

- Saints Row IV

- Towerfall Ascension

- Valkyria Chronicles

Quote me with the game you want and you got it, as long as another person before you hasn't requested it. I'll go in order of the first six and PM in a few when I check back.
I'd love to give Saints row a go. Either way, nice of you to giveaway your codes.

Here's what I have:

- Besiege

- Lethal League

- Saints Row IV

- Towerfall Ascension

- Valkyria Chronicles

Valkyria Chronicles please?

Here's what I have:

- Besiege

- Lethal League

- Saints Row IV

- Towerfall Ascension

- Valkyria Chronicles

Valkyria Chronicles please!

Charizard got in first, but both have the same timestamp. Which one of you is actually gonna play it and why do you have interest in the game? Be honest.

Here's what I have:

- Besiege

- Lethal League

- Saints Row IV

- Towerfall Ascension

- Valkyria Chronicles

Can I please have Sanctuary RPG: Black Edition if nobody's taken it yet?

Thanks!

Charizard got in first, but both have the same timestamp. Which one of you is actually gonna play it and why do you have interest in the game? Be honest.
It's okay, Charizard can have it. I might buy it for PS3 just so I don't feel like attempting console gaming was a fruitless endeavor.

Eh, works for me. The Sanctuary game is unexpected, however not necessarily a disappointment. I mean, they could have charged 12 and gave out straight up Poopies quality. Outside of the one game I pretty much got what I expected/wanted.
You're absolutely right. Sanctuary RPG isn't a Poopees mystery pre-order quality game.

It's a Poopees FREE Giveback bundle quality game.

slVxgfB.png

God dammit, I should really pay attention to who's saying what, got trolled hard by the anti-Mooby.
:lol: He is kinda I'm okay you're okay every game is good in its own way o/~lowered expectations o/~ kumbaya about games now that you mention it.

May I ask is the Valkyria Chronicle in the HM region locked? I am going to see if I should get a key from the trade section. I am from Hong Kong and could not even moran'd the bundle subscription since Hmble decided to store-locked Hong Kong buyers...

Many thanks to Blade for letting me have it.

I'm actually a console peasent, though I came to the PS3 much later (Wii and 360 are still way better) and consequently missed out on VC and a few other games that were discontinued. So yeah, the plan is to actually give it a go.

And thanks again, Blade. Appreciate it.

May I ask is the Valkyria Chronicle in the HM region locked? I am going to see if I should get a key from the trade section. I am from Hong Kong and could not even moran'd the bundle subscription since Hmble decided to store-locked Hong Kong buyers...
It wouldn't shock me honestly. Sega is pretty hardcore with their region locking.

Ok, so where are all you motherfuckers who were like "it's their first monthly bundle, it HAS to be good".
To be fair, it was a +6 for me, and 5 of them are new to bundles (if there's some obscure bullshit tier, I'm not counting it). I'm relatively happy with it outside of the 2 repeats.

As for the repeats, SRIV is a joke without the DLC, since you're paying at least $2.50 during a significant sale to upgrade it to the "complete" edition, and depending if you own the other games are not, you might as well buy the new Franchise Pack with Gat Out of Hell when it inevitably hits $10 (80% off). And Sanctuary RPG, while having really good reviews on Steam, is laughable as an addition given its history and the fact that it's already appeared in a BTA-tier already.

Now there's a decent chance it was a cheap last-minute addition to up the count, and we might not have gotten a 7th game at all otherwise, in which case, fine whatever. So just think of it as $2 for every game BESIDES Sanctuary RPG.

Through that lens, the only game I would say isn't worth $2, is SRIV, which could have been worth it had Deep Silver not cheaped out on not including the DLC. Valkyria, Besiege, Grimrock 2, Lethal League and Towerfall (yes, I know it's local-MP only, spoder) are games I could see myself buying for $2 each on Steam, and I imagine a decent amount of you would too.

I expect most of those 5 to hold around that value as well, with the exception of Towerfall, since it's a subscriber bonus for next month's bundle.

Ok, so where are all you motherfuckers who were like "it's their first monthly bundle, it HAS to be good".
I posted my thoughts earlier. It is less than I expected (by at least the Saint's Row DLC and one game.) And Spoder was wrong. Plenty of people held out on this first bundle--many of them have posted on this thread. After the reveal, none of those holdouts are leaping to subscribe. Seems a poor play on Humble's part.

Through that lens, the only game I would say isn't worth $2, is SRIV, which could have been worth it had Deep Silver not cheaped out on not including the DLC. Valkyria, Besiege, Grimrock 2, Lethal League and Towerfall (yes, I know it's local-MP only, spoder) are games I could see myself buying for $2 on Steam, and I imagine a decent amount of you would too.
Your math is good, and I'd even disagree that SRIV isn't worth the $2. Not much more than that, but still. That said, this first monthly didn't need to be just okay. To drive subscriptions It needed to be good enough to make the holdouts regret their decision.

I admit that I am disappointed with HB regarding the monthly as I feel that they mislead the buyers. 

re: humble bundle monthly

from their page; Discover games that haven't been featured in other bundles.

humble has posted a help article page for the monthly bundle as well

This will include games that haven't been featured in our bundles.

2 separate times that a claim was made that the games would be new to HB bundles, yet Saints Row 4 was in Humble Jumbo 3 and SanctuaryRPG Black Edition was in RPG Edition Book II.  

I will admit that if I did not already have Vakyria Chronicles I would not have minded as much.  But the only new ones for me are Towerfall (multiplayer), Lethal League (again multiplayer), Legend of Grimrock 2 and Besiege.  For $12, it was a little steep compared to what we at CAG generally pay for a bundle.  Maybe HB could lower the monthly to $10 to make me feel better.

[quote name="gilby" post="13011858" timestamp="1446861448"]I posted my thoughts earlier. It is less than I expected (by at least the Saint's Row DLC and one game.) And Spoder was wrong. Plenty of people held out on this first bundle--many of them have posted on this thread. After the reveal, none of those holdouts are leaping to subscribe. Seems a poor play on Humble's part.

Your math is good, and I'd even disagree that SRIV isn't worth the $2. Not much more than that, but still. That said, this first monthly didn't need to be just okay. To drive subscriptions It needed to be good enough to make the holdouts regret their decision.[/quote]
I hav SR:IV Humble gift. I WANT MY 2 DOLLARS!!!

So what do you guys think of the Humble Monthly? Good deal or is $12 too much for what was offered? I wonder if any of the games will end up in the dollar tier in later bundles. Was hoping that'd happen with Valkyria Chronicles, at least.

SR4 is a joke without DLC? What? I can't think of a single piece of worthwhile DLC for that game except MAYBE the Christmas DLC. You'd be silly to buy even as much of that as I did.

Towerfall breaks my heart because the devs are full SJW but the game itself is actually pretty good solo. Supposedly the DLC adds even more to the solo campaign.

Still, VC is a steal. Lethal Leagues is good for laughs.

Poopees was feeling like they were pushed out of their niche with Humble offering a crappy pre-ordered bundle so they thought they'd lower the bar and give away an even crappier bundle

Humbal vs Poopees battle of the shits

SR4 is a joke without DLC? What? I can't think of a single piece of worthwhile DLC for that game except MAYBE the Christmas DLC. You'd be silly to buy even as much of that as I did.

Towerfall breaks my heart because the devs are full SJW but the game itself is actually pretty good solo. Supposedly the DLC adds even more to the solo campaign.

It's just the principle. Even if the DLC sucks or whatever this is a premium priced bundle, not some $1 or even $5 bundle. They could have included the full package but instead they are going to try to lure OCD completionists to get more DLC :roll:

Valkyria is a good game but it's been on sale by itself for $5 a bunch of times.

sDwoiBE.png

Towerfall is okay I guess IF you're into multiplayer.

Sanctuary being an ASCII game AND a repeat is just LOL 4real?

Grimrock 2 is okay but again it's been on sale fairly cheap by itself so unless you want it AND all the rest of the these games, which you didn't get to know what they were before you bought, it's not really worth it.

They just had to include Saint Anita. Maybe Saint John will be in the next expansion.

After having looked at old posts, I now see that many dislike this bundle. The games are actually a bit better than I was expecting, though, and they have yet to be cheaper elsewhere.

After having looked at old posts, I now see that many dislike this bundle. The games are actually a bit better than I was expecting, though, and they have yet to be cheaper elsewhere.
It's not the worst deal in the world but for a bundle it's expensive to the point where you pretty much have to not own and want most if not all of the games in it to make it a decent deal. Which when coupled with the fact that you don't get to know all but one of the games in it makes it a losing proposition unless you are new to PC gaming and like most genres fairly equally, which isn't that many people here.

It's one thing to pay 2 or 3 dollars and end up with some stuff you already own or don't care for it but it's another to pay $12 and get some stuff that's already been bundled or multiplayer only or makes you feel like you're on the hook to buy the DLC etc etc.

If you don't own any of the games it's not bad, but bundles of similar quality (and some of vastly superior quality, imho) have been released by Humble in the past, not at 12 bucks. If you own any of LoG2 (especially LoG2, since that's the big draw since it's never been bundled or lower than 6.25), Valkyria or SRIV the bundle quality lowers significantly.

I must be the only regular here who is actually happy with this bundle.  I didn't have any of the games and they all look good to me, so no complaints here.  Not buying any Groupees bundles for months helps.  They haven't included any games I'd even look at for ages, so for me there's no comparison between their collections of Greenlight dregs and this.

I posted my thoughts earlier. It is less than I expected (by at least the Saint's Row DLC and one game.) And Spoder was wrong. Plenty of people held out on this first bundle--many of them have posted on this thread. After the reveal, none of those holdouts are leaping to subscribe. Seems a poor play on Humble's part.
Not exactly seeing where I was wrong. If you check Group Buys or any other place on the internet it's pretty obvious a LOT of people subscribed. Even I was very tempted to subscribe. A fair number did unsubscribe after the first bundle went live though, but it remains to be seen if they'll resubscribe if Humble starts hinting what the games are for the next bundle. Once a moran, always a moran!

I disagree completely. SR4's DLC is a lot of fun to mess with. While you don't NEED it, I think it's pointless to skip, especially when the upgrade pack tends to go on sale for $2.50.

While I haven't played Towerfall (I don't own it), after checking the forum the SP mode tends to be very niche. Many people say the game isn't worth it unless you're playing the multiplayer, and one of the people that did recommend the SP said that you shouldn't play it unless you own the DLC expansion.

My expectations for Towerfall's SP was that it would be somewhere close to Curses and Chaos/Croixleur type arena arcade combat and it delivered in that regard.

If you're expecting a really meaty SP experience, eh, not so much.

Not exactly seeing where I was wrong. If you check Group Buys or any other place on the internet it's pretty obvious a LOT of people subscribed. Even I was very tempted to subscribe. A fair number did unsubscribe after the first bundle went live though, but it remains to be seen if they'll resubscribe if Humble starts hinting what the games are for the next bundle. Once a moran, always a moran!
When you check those places you see that a lot of people didn't subscribe, too. I won't hazard a guess on percentages, but there were plenty of visible non-subscribers.

bread's done
Back