Humble Bundle Thread

But what if these games get on Steam down the road?
The "pay at least $1 for Steam keys" part is still active, although it seems like the point of this bundle is DRM-free and browser-based game playing. Where's Foxhack to MysterDOTEmu over this?

Yeah but they're still crappy animu games.
Metal Slug is anything but animu.

... I concede about the others, though.

Also I stumbled upon a bunch of these names when I poked around the Metal Slug games on Steam some time ago... so these may be DotEmu botchjobs. :(

The "pay at least $1 for Steam keys" part is still active, although it seems like the point of this bundle is DRM-free and browser-based game playing. Where's Foxhack to MysterDOTEmu over this?
They had a bundle that was centered on browser-based games some time back, and they included steam keys as well. Every game was a repeat from earlier Humbles and no one bought it, but it is a precedent.

I wouldn't really count on getting Steam keys for these unless it explicitly states that will happen, which it doesn't.

I guess you can penny in to buy yourself some time, but eh. I'll just wait for them to get bundled again. It's not like Humble has qualms about rebundling stuff they already bundled in the past.

Some people apparently can't read the fine print.

OjHJHhO.png

Sigh. *dollars in*

I have a feeling the average will skyrocket past $10 once the hardcore NeoGeo fans realize they can get a limited edition shirt. I've seen them do stupider things for their swag.

If anyone wants the Metal Slug 3 / X / KOF stuff, I'll sell the keys for cheap. Maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take the Metal Slug 1/3/X for free, I don't see myself paying anything for them though lol.

Last edited:
Sigh. *dollars in*

I have a feeling the average will skyrocket past $10 once the hardcore NeoGeo fans realize they can get a limited edition shirt. I've seen them do stupider things for their swag.

If anyone wants the Metal Slug 3 / X / KOF stuff, I'll sell the keys for cheap. Maybe.
That would explain the increasing average, then.

I can rationalize my buck by knowing I sent it all to a nice local animal shelter.

I can rationalize my buck by knowing I sent it all to a nice local animal shelter.
Eh, at least you didn't choose the anti-abortion brainwashing center clinic

I kind of hope in the future they go back and do add keys. The amount of salty tears from people that pennied in would be absolutely amazing. (Not gonna happen, but if it did, oh, the sweet sweet torrents of tears.)

Banished is pretty basic, still fun but it's mostly about managing food and population. Once you get a good run going, their isn't much to do, kind of like Tropico and such (though Tropico is far easier).
Actually, i think Banished is a real agent-based sim (if shallow) as opposed to the likes of Simcity/City Skylines/Anno etc city builders that calculate the math behind the scenes based on buildings location or distance or whatever they use to calculate and the agents/people walking around are faked and just fancy graphics that doesn't actually affect the gameplay at all.

Do not read the following if you still want to enjoy City skylines:

There's no penalty if your sims fail to get to work. They will teleport home after they fail for x amount of time (only to walk out and try again after) It's sorta funny to see them all try to WALK to work!

For a traffic sim, taking worker commute (which is most of your traffic) out entirely means you can zone the residential on an isolated island and just focus on your industry/freight/services etc. and the game will still function just fine. You'll just need to leave a path for newcomers to their designated jail cells homes. Much better traffic in an Orwellian paradise!

That being said, I don't know if they solved this problem in the expansion.

If you can play an ascii (or sprite/tile-based) game, just download for free and play the real Dwarf Fortress that is the grandfather of all these newer clones that give better graphics at the cost of taking away most of its features and gameplay. If you must have graphics, Gnomoria/Rimworld etc are imo more in-depth than the really basic Banished.

Sigh. *dollars in*

I'm pretty much indifferent to NeoGeo, but I actually like the look of that T-Shirt. $25 is a bridge too far. But if it were $15, I might actually buy the bundle just for the shirt.

Oh and LOL at the sizes that are available. They go all the way up to 5XL.

Edit: Oh it's actually $40. Don't know where I got the $25 figure. Definitely not interested at $40.

I did my part to bring it down and sacrificed a penny on shit I'll never touch. Too bad the $40 horde outnumbered me :(

I'm pretty much indifferent to NeoGeo, but I actually like the look of that T-Shirt. $25 is a bridge too far. But if it were $15, I might actually buy the bundle just for the shirt.

Oh and LOL and the sizes that are available. They go all the way up to 5XL.
Guess they know what kind of people will be buying the shirt.

That's more a Metal Slug shirt than a 25th anniversary Neo Geo shirt. And it's a $30 bridge.

I'm not a huge fan of Metal Slug, so it's a little disappointing.

Last Blade and King of Monsters are two of my favorite Neo Geo games (both in the bundle).

They're missing my two main favorites though, Magical Drops

1388981708377.gif

and Sonic Wings/Aero Fighters

tumblr_mwuadnprr11svd8a5o1_500.png

Hope they're added next week.

I played a bunch of the NeoGeo stuff back when it was in the arcade. I dunno, I think a lot of those games would be fun to play again if, instead of being shitty browser versions, they were shitty Steam versions.

I can't believe I'm saying this, you guys, but... I'm gonna high tier a humble game bundle.

And I'm going to actually play some of those games. #partoftheproblem #sorrynotsorry #alltheFakeCAG

I still can't get over the fact that KoF 2000 is in this. As far as I'm aware, this is the first time since 2002 (the year, not the game) that they've acknowledged the existence of the NESTS saga. Combined with the fact that Angel is apparently coming back in the next title, it makes me wonder if the new Chinese overlords are forcing SNK to bring back the elements from the series past they've been trying to push under the rug.

Go, Chinese overlords!

Awesome bundle for the games that are in there...but it needs also way more Steam-keys.

Not sure if I should penny in or just $10 donkey-bro it.

Nice! Pennied in.

Love SNK and their old Neo-Geo arcade games. I will be playing these at work when the office is quiet during the week of Christmas. Hopefully the emulation is good.

Can someone post the tracklist for the 25th Anniversary Soundtrack?
Full soundtracks for Art of Fighting 2, Fatal Fury Special, Metal Slug 3, and Samurai Shodown II, the arcade versions instead of the NeoCD/Saturn/PS1 arrangements.

I still can't get over the fact that KoF 2000 is in this. As far as I'm aware, this is the first time since 2002 (the year, not the game) that they've acknowledged the existence of the NESTS saga. Combined with the fact that Angel is apparently coming back in the next title, it makes me wonder if the new Chinese overlords are forcing SNK to bring back the elements from the series past they've been trying to push under the rug.

Go, Chinese overlords!
I think this is also the first time they had Samurai Shodown V Special on anything besides a NeoGeo

You. Have got. To be freakin' kidding me.

I started looking into the games, because of course I was going to do that. I opened the Neogeo.zip file. It has the entire zip file as it is in MAME. Including stuff that the emulator has no reason to even have (Universe Bios, home bios, even the friggin' hotel bios!)

I loaded the AOF2 executable in a hex editor and I found a string that says "Initializing QSound chip emulation". The Neogeo doesn't have QSound.

And what's worse... and damning... is this line in the built executable:

All systems.....................................................CPS-2 Only......................................................CPS-1 Only......................................................Neo-Geo Only....................................................Konami Only.....................................................PGM Only........

I honestly doubt they created a CPS1/2. Konami and PGM emulator, so something tells me they cannibalized an existing emulator to build this. Jesus fuckin' christ...

Edit: AND DPAD SUPPORT SUCKS TOO. NO REMAPPABLE BUTTONS EITHER, WHO MAPS THE BUTTONS THIS WAY GODDAMN

Well duh. This is obviously a hastily thrown together quick cash grab or else they wouldn't be releasing a kajillion games at once like this.

Well duh. This is obviously a hastily thrown together quick cash grab or else they wouldn't be releasing a kajillion games at once like this.
It gets worse. Much worse.

https://twitter.com/Foxhack/status/674372363555749889

You should tweet this to Humble Bundle and see what they say. It would be funny if they abruptly pulled the bundle because of the illegal roms and/or BIOS.
Technically they're doing nothing wrong - the IP owner is authorizing the sale of the game data. It's legit.

My problem comes from the sloppy packaging and shady way they went about doing it. I'm sorry, but they just made sure all my money goes to charity instead of SNK.

There's also the fact that Humble's statement is a wee bit disingenuous

Celebrate NEOGEO's 25th Anniversary with a bundle of games making their PC debut!

We're proud to bring you all of these SNK classics in their exclusive debuts for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Okay so Gametap didn't do Linux, but this is literally the same service Gametap was providing nearly a decade ago to Windows and Mac right down to the code apparently.

fuck my ass... before I knew it, I'd spent $40 on a Metal Slug t-shirt.

The first quote get my Metal Slug 3 Steam key.

tumblr_ms2fehEIzr1rawb5do1_500.gif

Only up to 5XL? Why don't they make anything in MY size?

That's a good shirt but I ain't paying $30 for it.

Look, I understand DotEmu or whoever these cockslurpers are are lowest possible effort losers but, at the same time, you want to sell me a legit copy of Sengoku 3 on PC? So long as it runs, fine, bring it.

bread's done
Back