Humble Bundle Thread

I get it, this bundle is a console gamer's wet dream.  Personally, I don't need an overload of 1980's NES nostalgia.  Be nice if they varied it up.  And by vary I don't mean 2derp4u emo girl adventure game.

And by vary I don't mean 2derp4u emo girl adventure game.
Y? Cuz ur dun wit yur 5th play-thru????

cf3.gif

if I owned a PS machine Id actually give a shit about things on there.
I own one but I don't really give a shit about it. But I grab the stuff because it's a +1, or I guess in that case a +0.5.

and because I'm a moran and subscribe to it for some dumbass reason so feel like I should get my money's worth of games I won't play

Last edited by a moderator:
is dark souls 1 worth getting on pc? I heard the port is terrible.
It was a pretty bad port but modders have fixed it up nicely. Grab it, download DSFix, and prepare to die!

Didn't own anything from this month's bundle, time to see if any of my coupons will work for next month.

I own one but I don't really give a shit about it. But I grab the stuff because it's a +1, or I guess in that case a +0.5.

and because I'm a moran and subscribe to it for some dumbass reason so feel like I should get my money's worth of games I won't play
u cant remove games from ur account tho, so carl would give ps+ a -10/10

Anybody know what type of hard drive or cables you need to get an external hard drive working on Wii U? I'm out of space and can't download the Humble Bundle games. Nintendo really needs to get its head out of its ass when it comes to internal storage on its consoles.
I was told just a portable hard drive with a Y Cable for the USB. I have no idea if it works, but I guess I'll find out when the mail comes. I didn't even bother buying a very big one. How many games could I possibly buy on the WiiU.

Anybody know what type of hard drive or cables you need to get an external hard drive working on Wii U? I'm out of space and can't download the Humble Bundle games. Nintendo really needs to get its head out of its ass when it comes to internal storage on its consoles.
I bought a 32GB Sandisk in November and used it exclusively for the Wii U. It crapped out on me last Sunday. If you could avoid using a flash drive, avoid it. Everything I read online says to use a hard drive and I'm planning on using an old laptop hdd in an enclosure.

Any recent 3.0 drive should work fine. If it doesn't have an AC power supply you'll have to get a USB 3.0 Y cable that lets it plug in to two ports at once to get enough power.

As mentioned above don't use a flash drive if you can help it because it is kind of a crap shoot how it will affect it's life span.

Doesn't the Wii U only use USB 2.0? What benefit is there to use a 3.0 drive?
That it's 99% of the external HDD models you'll find on shelves these days and I'm assuming they plan to buy one new and the drives that get discounts are all 3.0. If they have a 2.0 laying around already then no reason not to use it and I assume the same AC adapter or Y cable rule would apply but I haven't tried any 2.0 drives on it.

Not to mention you might want to use it for something else someday. 3.0 is wayyyy faster than 2.0 for zero extra money these days.

If I get the Friends of Nintendo bundle do the codes have to be used within a certain period of time?  Don't have a working WiiU currently and not sure when I will get one, but would like to save the codes for that.

Not really a time limit per se i.e. code does not deactivate after 90 days.  Your keys/codes are stored under your humble bundle account.  You choose when you reveal the code or share/gift the code.

So....for the next day and 17 hours, Shantae: Risky's Revenge is part of the Spring Sale.......for $4.99.........even though it's part of the $1 tier of the Eye Candy Bundle......which lasts another eight days and 18 hours............

​
Wat8.jpg
 ​
 ​
Somebody hold me........I'm confused.....

I'm not confused at all -  that's an old tactic Amazon DVG used to do, to make sure the bundle (which is what they really want to market to you + sell you) sells very well. 

I'm not confused at all - that's an old tactic Amazon DVG used to do, to make sure the bundle (which is what they really want to market to you + sell you) sells very well.
So, them featuring the game on the main page of the Humble Store and in an email they sent out to Humble Bundle members is a deliberate tactic to sell more bundles? I guess that makes more sense than any other explanation.

So, them featuring the game on the main page of the Humble Store and in an email they sent out to Humble Bundle members is a deliberate tactic to sell more bundles? I guess that makes more sense than any other explanation.
The Bundle deal = better deal than buying game alone on the Store.

One might look at Humble Store deal, then look at the Eye Candy HB - and obviously see where the better deal's at, if they're going to go in on Bundle.

If one is too lazy to check both the current Humble Bundles + Humble Store to see where the real deal is - well, that's their fault if they wind-up buying the game alone.

I think you're crediting them with too much intelligence. They're just a bunch of dumbasses putting a game on sale that's currently bundled.

Humble Capcom Super Turbo HD Remix Rebundle
MklYQxm.png
$1

• STRIDER™
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    7Nz1zTZ.png
  • Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode 1: Penal Colony
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    7Nz1zTZ.png
  • Lost Planet® 3 Complete Pack
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    7Nz1zTZ.png
  • Bionic Commando: Rearmed
    k08ZaGN.png
  • [coupon] 40% off Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Deluxe
  • [coupon] 30% off Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
BTA (lowest ~$4.80)

• Resident Evil Revelations
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    7Nz1zTZ.png
  • DmC: Devil May Cry
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    7Nz1zTZ.png
  • Resident Evil 4
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    7Nz1zTZ.png
  • Remember Me
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    7Nz1zTZ.png
week two additions:

• Bionic Commando
    k08ZaGN.png
  • DmC Devil May Cry: Vergil's Downfall DLC
    k08ZaGN.png
$15

• Devil May Cry® 4 Special Edition
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    7Nz1zTZ.png
  • Resident Evil 6
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    7Nz1zTZ.png
[customspoiler=icons]
k08ZaGN.png
Steam key ...
8b23Ujb.png
DRM-free ...
aMeWlBI.png
soundtrack ...
7Nz1zTZ.png
cards[/customspoiler]

Dear Capcom:

fuck YOU

It's the same bundle you ran last year, except LP3 comes with the DLC!
Nope.

$15 tier replaces Ultra Street Fighter IV with Resident Evil 6 and Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition. Bundle also already includes Resident Evil 4 and Remember Me, which were the 2nd week additions last time, and there will be more games added next week. Add in the coupon for Dragon's Dogma and yeah, it's not the same.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Resident Evil 5 and Untold Stories DLC were in the last bundle as well, but not this time around. Unless they add those as the second week additions, in which case yeah that'd be pretty stupid. LOL

I'd rather it be an almost complete repeat of a previous bundle than a bundle that had half repeats and half new stuff. This way I can easily skip it.

EDIT: didn't see BMX's post above. I guess it's a little more that the LP3 dlc. Meh, I still feel pretty comfortable skipping this one. It's practically the same bundle.

Nope.

$15 tier replaces Ultra Street Fighter IV with Resident Evil 6 and Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition. Bundle also already includes Resident Evil 4 and Remember Me, which were the 2nd week additions last time, and there will be more games added next week. Add in the coupon for Dragon's Dogma and yeah, it's not the same.
And knowing Capcom, those bonuses will end up being Ultra SF4 and Resident Evil 6.

Or worse, DLC packs.

Nope.

First one also had RE5 in the BTA and Untold Stories in the $15 tier. So it swaps out USFIV and RE5 Gold for RE6 and DMC 4: SE. Probably a bit of a downgrade actually, but who knows what kind of unlocks we get next week. Capcom surprised the first time around with great Week 2 additions, maybe lightning strikes twice.

And knowing Capcom, those bonuses will end up being Ultra SF4 and Resident Evil 6.

Or worse, DLC packs.
Resident Evil 6 is already part of this bundle. LOL

First one also had RE5 in the BTA and Untold Stories in the $15 tier. So it swaps out USFIV and RE5 Gold for RE6 and DMC 4: SE. Probably a bit of a downgrade actually, but who knows what kind of unlocks we get next week. Capcom surprised the first time around with great Week 2 additions, maybe lightning strikes twice.
Yeah, I edited my post to reflect the RE5 stuff. And yeah, they did pleasantly surprise with the additions last time so I'm hoping they'll do it again this time.

Is Remember Me the game you're always going off about Motoki?  I am tempted to BTA even though I own everything but DMC, Remember Me, and Lost Planet 3.  Probably end up owning next weeks unlocks as well...

Might have to brave the cesspool.

bread's done
Back